Updated Discovery on the new Ck

Several modders from the main official forums indicate that the new CK is far more advanced then Skyrim itself.

Due to that, many of the new algorithms and scripts in the new CK cause Skyrim to suffer a heartattack trying to read, causing all the bugs.

Downgrading may not be the answer.

It could very well be that they finally released the SUPER Ck you've all been waiting for.

Once again this is true, so at least there I wasn't mistaken.

I made a simple 1-record test mod and looked at it with a hex-editor to see what happens, and it clearly is not a question of compression. Rather, it seems that within an ARMO record, there now is a shorter (by 4 bytes) BOD2 subrecord where there used to be a longer BODT subrecord, and the flag that was unknown to TESVSnip is probably something else altogether. If I recall correctly, this is along the lines of what behippo thought might be the case.

So, it would appear that CK 1.6.91 is simply more advanced than Skyrim 1.6.89. I assume that when the game engine meets the new BOD2 subrecord, it simply decides that it has had enough, and skips the remaining data.

Inki posted this on the Official Forums.

New UPDATE, PM from MojoMofo

It's got a lot of fixes that people have been wanting, and lot of little tweaks. I highly suspect we're just out of sequence with the game (ok...more hopefuly than suspicion). The race bug bit me bad, so I've gone back to the 1.5 CK for now and disabled updating in Steam. I'm going to take the chance that I can continue editing in my 1.5 CK even though my mod has been touched with the 1.6CK.

I think the absolute biggest fix for a lot of people has been the NavMesh Bug Fix, but I guess that depends on what you do in your Mod as to which fix you look forward to the most.

-MM

Several modders from the main official forums indicate that the new CK is far more advanced then Skyrim itself.

Due to that' date=' many of the new algorithms and scripts in the new CK cause Skyrim to suffer a heartattack trying to read, causing all the bugs.

Downgrading may not be the answer.

It could very well be that they finally released the SUPER Ck you've all been waiting for.

[/quote']

If it doesn't include the Havok engine, it's really no more "advanced" than the 1.5 CK.

As MM said, it's most likely out of sync with the current Skyrim version. If that's the case, they need to get the next game update out ASAP. Like yesterday. Modders are already infuriated, with many already resolving themselves to bailing on Bethesda's games for good.

Trykz

Mine has just had a 16 meg update and now armor and body's work

Nice.....

I'll test one of my races with the mounted combat fix and let you know how it goes for custom races. If all goes well, I'll reopen them for download.

Trykz

Seems like it's fixed now. Glad I don't have to keep using a cracked old version. Not that I won't back it up in case they fuck up again...

Not so fast. Because I don't think it is for much more than armor mods.

I just updated the biped armor slots in the NidiaSkinNaked arma file, and the body/hands/feet STILL do NOT show up in the preview pane. Which sucks ass, because the whole purpose behind the proprietary body is so your character doesn't look like every other damn shitty looking vanilla race.

I'm still testing shit out. Give me a couple of hours to see if I can find a workaround.

Trykz

Okay.....

confirmed that it's fixed so proprietary bodies also appear now.

You need to select biped slots for the following:

(CustomRace)SkinNaked armo (head, body, hands and feet)

(Race)NakedTorso arma (body)

(Race)NakedFeet arma (feet)

(Race)NakedHands arma (hands)

The (CustomRace)SkinNaked armo can be set to the custom race, but the Torso, Feet, and Hands armas MUST be set to the base race.

I'm going through all of my races now and fixing the forms to reflect the necessary changes, as well as the fix for mounted combat, after which I'll reopen them for download with a set of .esp files (just use the ones you need and toss the rest). It'll take a while, but keep watch in an hour or two.

Trykz

Archived