Somewhat Acceptable Looking Lobotomites

:angel:

Alright, this has turned into almost an actual mod now. :) It now does the following:

• Changes the lobotomite head textures to look normal.
  • Give lobos normal eyes.
  • Makes the lobo head gear not hide hair.
  • Changes standard lobos faces to not look all sickly. (They may not have brains but why be ugly? :P)
  • Supports Lobos in RobCo Certified
  • Makes RobCo Lobos clothes somewhat playable (More on that later.)

Not really sure it's quite lore-friendly but on the other hand, OWB isn't technically lore-friendly anyway. (Why is it the PC doesn't look like a lobo right after arriving? HMMMM... :D)

What Should Be Done:

• Make a Lings compatible version.
  • Make lobos somewhat friendly. (Heh, but that means it's an adult mod at that point... AHEM. :P)

Seems I'm updating this after all, so it's time for a version history.

Version History

• 1.2 - Added support for RobCo Certified Requires RobCo Certified!
  • 1.1 - Updated race and individual lobos for some variety.
  • 1.0 - Quickie release version

I'm keeping version 1.1 around for anyone that just wants better looking Lobos.

Caveats

• This technically hasn't been tested much at all so be wary!
  • While the Lobo clothes are technically playable (meaning you can remove them and dress your brainless creation), it seems there's some script that randomly adds new clothing items. Needs looking into.
  • Mecha-Lobo's outfits shouldn't be playable at all (as they are required for the cyborg parts) but it hasn't been tested yet.

RobCo Certified Version

REQUIRES RobCo Certified!!

OWB Only Version

Alright, new version already. I edited the base lobos this time so they aren't so WONKY looking. Eyes seem to be working for me at least on normal lobos.

I have a feeling the trouble with strange eyes might be due to robo certified. If I recall that created it's own lobos and that might be the source of the ghoul eyes. As soon as I get that installed I'll have a look.

EDIT:Robco Certified creates it's own lobo races! So while OWB lobos will now look decent with this mod, any that you create will have some issues. I don't have any more time tonight but I'll look into getting a quickie version that patches RobCo Certified to look almost normal. :D

Had some time after all. I have a very rapid updated version that now requires RobCo Certified. Not currently tested much however so let me know if anything odd pops up.

I had a bit of fun with Rufus' new guy body. :angel: (Now maybe one of my chars might consider him...)

Having a little problem with the Robco certified Lobotomites. It seems I cannot remove any of the lobotomite gear they spawn with unless I kill them but repairing them just replaces the gear again. Other than that the cosmetic changes worked fine

Yeah, noticed the same problem just now. It at least shows up but it's not removable. Moreover if you remove it via the console, leave your lobo behind, then re-enter the area again, NEW equipment magically spawns into place.

It's got to be some sort of script doing it. I understand in the case of the mecha-lobos but for normal ones it's a bit hard to fathom. When I get a chance I'll dig around in certified and see what the issue is.

Alright... the existing mod at least seems to work so here's a very very "test" mod to try out. My guess is it wasn't a script but rather an NPC setting preventing removing the lobo attire. (Probably a script is adding the new equipment though.) This version also plays around with the factions a bit. It -should- make even general OWB lobos friendly. (This is a precursor to possibly another fast mod I'm probably going to do.)

Anyway, let me know if this blows anything up or if things go crazy. I haven't really had a chance to test it yet.

Well, I'll revisit that particular issue a bit later... Perhaps it is related to a script somewhere after all.

I've been toying with an extension to this mod though it's officially an adult mod now. :angel: (I'll be posting it shortly.)

• 2 months later...

i've been messing around with clothes/mask problem a bit, it is pretty easy to remove Lobo default clothes and mask, so new made Lobo will be complete naked, for player to dress them as they like

basicly i just edited "Actors/NPC/a0aCyberTEMP1Lobo" and deleted "a0aCyberList1LoboHead" and "a0aCyberSuit1LoboBody" from inventory, i guess you can make same changes in "a0aCyberTEMP2Lobo" for Mecha-Lobotomite and in *UHanlon and *UKaiser for unique Lobos, but i didn't touch them for now

all work fine, exept one problem - if i made this as additional plugin (or made changes in SALL) it overwrite Lobo changes from SexoutCertified and sex topic dissapears from Lobos, i don't know how to add Sexout Certified.esp as master file to my plugin

so, the only way to make it work with SexoutCertified what i found is to made changes in Sexout Certified.esp directly

i hope i don't break any rules by uploading edited Sexout Certified.esp, but i just don't know how to made it to work otherwise

NakedLobo.esp - if you use only SALL

edited Sexout Certified.esp - if you use SALL with Sexout Certified, of course

just let me know if it work for you at all

You can use FNVEdit to add an esp or an esm to a mod as a master.

I've actually dropped this particular mod anyway for SexoutLobos. I never did get a chance to nail down why armor kept reappearing and was undroppable. I still think it's a script somewhere. I won't find out in the near future as I'm back to Oblivion for the time being. ;)

Feel free to make modifications to SALL if you want though! :D