Actor texture overlays?

Hello everyone!

In Skyrim we had NetImmerse Override.  I am wondering if there is anything similar for FO4.  I really only need the texture overlays for actors bit, shaders are not important to my own goals.

I did try searching. A lot. Even briefly tried to port NIOverride myself, but that... didn't happen.  I'm thinking the FO4 variant either doesn't exist yet, or is known by another name, which is why I ask.  If it isn't finished yet, is there a thread or something regarding its development?

Or, better yet, is there a way I can overlay a texture without using such a tool?  For a general example, think something like the ability to add a tattoo to a character via script.  This is why I chose to make this its own thread - assuming such a feature is absent (as seems to be the case), I'd like to discuss ways this could be pursued.

Thanks for your time, I promise a unique and interesting mod once I get this going :D

Hello everyone!

In Skyrim we had NetImmerse Override.  I am wondering if there is anything similar for FO4.  I really only need the texture overlays for actors bit, shaders are not important to my own goals.

I did try searching. A lot. Even briefly tried to port NIOverride myself, but that... didn't happen.  I'm thinking the FO4 variant either doesn't exist yet, or is known by another name, which is why I ask.  If it isn't finished yet, is there a thread or something regarding its development?

Or, better yet, is there a way I can overlay a texture without using such a tool?  For a general example, think something like the ability to add a tattoo to a character via script.  This is why I chose to make this its own thread - assuming such a feature is absent (as seems to be the case), I'd like to discuss ways this could be pursued.

Thanks for your time, I promise a unique and interesting mod once I get this going :D

The Skyrim system was written and developed by expired6978. He's working on a number of things for FO4, such as this, this, and this. I remember mention of most (if not all) of RaceMenu's features being developed for FO4's LooksMenu. As I recall, he's also one of those developing F4SE. Which I presume will be what eventually opens up many more new avenues for modders.

But I suppose it all starts there. With F4SE's completion. Which I don't think can go much further until Bethesda stops putzing around with updating the game  ;)

Trykz