Descent Into Debauchery (currently: Trouble with Maria Eden)

Hiya Folks.

So, after a bit of an absence I've decided to revisit BDSM skyrim. I just couldn't stay away ;)

I'm trying to build a playable modded game, but where things frequently go wrong in rude and (un)pleasant ways. The backbone of this build is Cursed Loot, partly because it is such a big and customisable mod that you can do almost anything with it.

On my second pass, I have decided to add Maria Eden to the mix. There are two reasons for this:

• The prositution mechanic is fantastic. Rather than 'just trigger a random sex scene', you have to discuss what is going to happen, undress etc - you even get to choose which animation plays!
  • To add a time constraint. My pimp is going to take their pound of flesh - litterally or figuratively. I better have the money!

After a quick bit of testing, I have found the second point to be a bit of a game changer.

• Simply being under time pressure adds tension to the game.
  • Do you really want to hang aroud waiting for shops to open etc, when every delay just adds to your troubles?
  • Do you want to fast travel? Maybe you can do it faster by just running across the overland map? What if you shortcut through that dangerous swamp?
  • Do horses now have a purpose?
  • Do you want to explore that ruin? Maybe there will be treasure, but how long will the fighting etc take? What if Cursed Loot or something really kicks in?

But, Maria Eden doesn't seem to quite work properly. My pimp doesn't seem to want to come looking for me, and every time I do a prositution quest I seem to end up blindfolded etc and unable to remove them afterwards. It feels like ME is waiting for a trigger of some kind that never quite happens. It could be that I am not following the quests correctly, but it feels more like some kind of conflict. ME is very late in the load order (only Cursed Loot and a random companion come after it).

Right then. That's the background context out of the way. Now, I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't have questions, so:

1. How much should you owe your pimp before they start chasing you? Come to that, how do they start chasing you - do they teleport to you, start walking after you or something else?
  2. Why am I always blindfolded etc? How do I remove them? (standard DD methods don't seem to work). Is there some way to disable this - I kinda want to see the action!
  3. Is there a nice detailed step-by-step walkthrough of 'the whores job' quest? Then I can make sure I'm not just being an idiot!
  4. Any suggestions at to exactly what it might be that it seems ME is waiting for? Likely mod conflicts etc?

I've added the load order. I tired to capture a log of the blindfold issue as well, but for some reason this time it decided to work...

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2016-10-08T19-12-13.txt

Well, for a start. ME doesnt like DD-Integration, so you'll need to dump that (and DDx as it requires integration, Assets doesnt). Integration is why the restraints arent getting removed. So any mod you have that requires Integration is going to have to go. The other issues you describe im not sure about but start with the DD issue. If youre using MO or NMM you can make a profile without them in order to try ME out. There is more than enough content with just DD-Assets loaded.  :D

Ahha.

Ok, that explains some of that. Thank you kindly sir!

The catch is, Cursed Loot is dependent on DD-integration, so it has to stay.

Cursed loot brings so much game that I can't do without it. It is just a fantastic catch-22:

• Do I loot the thing? What if it goes wrong?
  • Now I'm in trouble, and I need keys...but I can only get them by looting things...oh boy
  • Maybe I should bug out and try and escape? What happens if I go back to town like this, will I get raped?
  • Maybe I should play it safe and just start in a chasity belt ? But then it won't be as long before I get in armbinder hell...
  • The best 'Rape' functionality I have found so far. Be sure not to walk around after dark/naked/tied up/horny - Well, you might get away with one of the above...
  • 'Indecent exposure' - hope nobody sees you getting raped / selling yourself, that could be bad...Shame about Prison Overhaul...

I use NMM. I dabbled with MO at the end of my last playthrough trying to make everything work, but it was clumsy and eventually futile - I never did manage to build a setup I wanted to play, and ended up going off and trying other games for a bit. But was never quite able to feed the itch...

Strangely, after pulling ME out and then reinstalling after it became clear I really did want it - it seems to be mostly working...

It's possible it was previously before Prison Overhaul (another mod I've had challenges trying to get to work right...seems to be there currently...). It is also possible it was a side effect of the RiftenBrothel add on, which hasn't yet been reinstalled. It might also be NMM doing something odd.

...and now it seems like Defeat isn't actually correctly configured either. I know that only one of Defeat or Death Alternative should be handling the bleed out - it's currently DA with Defeat set up as the bleedout event. It might be related to followers - my followers had got lost, so didn't fall over before I died and triggered DA death rather than Defeat rape... I'll get there eventually, maybe. Wish me luck! :)

Glad to have helped. However, consider trying out ME without the conflicting mods. There is some good BDSM content if you go the slavery route. I agree that Cursed Loot has some great content but ME does too and you haven't experienced it yet if you have other mods interfering with it. Either way, happy spanking.  :D

Thank you very much for the help.

It's nice to know my hunch was right and that it was a mod conflict. It's nice to have been pointed in the right direction so quickly too. Shame I can't do much about it other than put up with it :(

There is some good content if you go the slavery route.

The catch is that isn't quite what I am trying to do (yet). I want to be able to explore the core game - all be it in an overly complex and kinky way.

My experience of a lot of the slavery mods that they take over your life/character (see: slavery) and turn into repetative fuckfests. You can't do anything other than that story arc, and it mostly consists of 'go there, shag someone - again." I never quite got the hang of Sanguines Debauchery for this reason - you seemed to end up kinda chained to someone with nothing to do except sex and waiting. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Dunno. Anyways, playing ME through as a standalone quest is on the 'to do' list. Alongside Slaverun, Into the Dark, Divines Guide you - and probably several others I will find. That's excluding the 'vanilla' stuff like Falskaar etc!

One of the things I am trying to do differently on this playthrough is to not try and mod everything at once. I've taken a step back from screenshot archer graphics and am trying not to put in too much fluff.

The idea is that when I want to play a quest expansion, I add that expansion to the mix, play it - then roll it back and start over with the next one. The current one is Civil War Overhaul which I am using as a test case to try and get the rest of the framework/load out right and stable before moving onto trying to complete all of skyrim. With, you know, prositution, rape, unfortunate bondage experiences, unexpected troll sex, prison buggery, etc, etc...

Unfortunately, there's no workaround available for Maria Eden to play nice with anything dependent on DDi. This goes beyond ME simply not recognizing DD items and breaking scenes because of that - ME has its own code for certain bondage interactions which actively conflicts with DDi code trying to do the same thing its own way. There's no simple way to remedy this, someone would have to do quite a bit of work to patch in DDi compatibility for ME.

Sorry to say that, but you really have to choose - either ME or anything from the Devious family.

Sorry to say that, but you really have to choose - either ME or anything from the Devious family.

Rashin' fashin' Rick Rastardly!

But but but...they almost work so magnificently together.

I've found them both to be game changers.

I wrote a long post about how wonderful both mods are, and how much fun the interaction between the two could be.

Then I deleted it. It's nothing that hasn't been said before elsewhere.

It's a shame, but I don't have the skills or patience to write anything like that myself - so I also don't have the right to complain, cry or rant when they don't work quite the way I would like them to.

Unfortunately, there's no workaround available for Maria Eden to play nice with anything dependent on DDi. This goes beyond ME simply not recognizing DD items and breaking scenes because of that - ME has its own code for certain bondage interactions which actively conflicts with DDi code trying to do the same thing its own way. There's no simple way to remedy this, someone would have to do quite a bit of work to patch in DDi compatibility for ME.

It's almost impossible to do that on the framework end of things. DDI has no knowledge about ME restraints and will just assume whatever is occupying the slot it wants to use is a regular piece of gear or a ZAZ restraint. And worse, there is no viable way to prevent ME from executing its own code that might interfere with DD items or content mods. Also ME contains a lot of timed events that are unaware of situations where the player might be unable to comply with them (e.g. because another DD mod tied her up). If ME would use DDI, it would be very feasible to make it compatible with most DD mods out there, but without the common foundation, it's a futile attempt. From a compatibility point of view, it is a shame that not all bondage mods on LL are using the comprehensive framework provided for handling bondage content (there are really no downsides worth mentioning), but alas, it's in their authors discretion and we have to respect that decision either way.

Archived