Jacket not appearing in-game

Bloodfang

Hey guys, I was looking for some assets to add to my custom outfit and found the jacket from this http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18856/? quite nice.

So I went ahead and did the usual thing, downloaded, edited in Outfit Studio to only get the jacket. Edited the textures then added the jacket on my custom outfit.

However, for some reason the jacket doesn't appear. Worse it makes the game crash. It reminds me of Skyrim when you had to set each parts to BODY under BSDismemberSkinInstance. I tried to look for something similar under Nifskope but didn't see anything. Jacket is set to skinned in Outfit Studio so I'm a bit lost right now on how to fix this.

Here's the outfit, in case it can help to have a better visibility on the issue.

EDIT : seems it works only if you replace the meshes coming from the mod, not when you try to use the meshes as a replacer for a vanilla outfit. I think I'll check the settings in the CK.

xxOutfitF.nif

Just did a quick look into your mesh, and as a materials file there is a dummy file set for the jacket. I had similar problems with gloves from the same author (except my game didn't crash, just the gloves didn't show up), you need to setup a proper materials file for the mesh (check the mod for the material files).

1.) The "CBBE" shape in the NIF has no material linked (the default one all bodies use needs to be linked).

2.) There's some dummy material files linked that may not exist. They have to be created if they don't.

3.) The BSLightingShaderProperty for the "Scarf", "scoop glove left", "scoop glove right" and "Jacket" shapes don't have the "FSF1_Skinned" flags checked.

You need to enable that checkbox for them in NifSkope.

4.) Some of the BSShaderTextureSet have Num Textures at 9 instead of the 10 that FO4 needs.

Just did a quick look into your mesh, and as a materials file there is a dummy file set for the jacket. I had similar problems with gloves from the same author (except my game didn't crash, just the gloves didn't show up), you need to setup a proper materials file for the mesh (check the mod for the material files).

1.) The "CBBE" shape in the NIF has no material linked (the default one all bodies use needs to be linked).

2.) There's some dummy material files linked that may not exist. They have to be created if they don't.

3.) The BSLightingShaderProperty for the "Scarf", "scoop glove left", "scoop glove right" and "Jacket" shapes don't have the "FSF1_Skinned" flags checked.

You need to enable that checkbox for them in NifSkope.

4.) Some of the BSShaderTextureSet have Num Textures at 9 instead of the 10 that FO4 needs.

Thanks a lot guys ! That's very kind of you ! I didn't checked the material files because I couldn't imagine that there would be an issue there xd

Archived