State of Decay 2 (Coming 2017 for Xbox One and Windows 10)

Darkening Demise

State of Decay 2 was announced at E3 2016 for Xbox One and Windows 10 (Windows Store, Steam still TBD). It will feature 4 player drop in, drop out co-op.

Site: http://stateofdecay.com/

Article: https://undeadlabs.com/2016/06/news/a-letter-from-jeff/

I personally liked it a bit but the first had a lot of problems. Hopefully the second game fixes those and adds a lot more to it besides co-op which I could live without knowing gamers are not the most cooperative type (you can pair a tiger and a puppy into a cage and they will become best buds but two humans will gladly slay each other over a penny).

you seem violence glorify games to love?  :lol: 

such games spring from sick brains and something like this, should be banned!

as already said, such games will it never give in Germany.  :P

What an absolutely abhorrent post.

They must not speak English as a first language, at least they're trying! Besides, you can still tell what they're trying to say.

State of Decay 2 was announced at E3 2016 for Xbox One and Windows 10 (Windows Store, Steam still TBD). It will feature 4 player drop in, drop out co-op.

Site: http://stateofdecay.com/

Article: https://undeadlabs.com/2016/06/news/a-letter-from-jeff/

I personally liked it a bit but the first had a lot of problems. Hopefully the second game fixes those and adds a lot more to it besides co-op which I could live without knowing gamers are not the most cooperative type (you can pair a tiger and a puppy into a cage and they will become best buds but two humans will gladly slay each other over a penny).

The first one was built into "CryEngine 3". Thats the main reason for bugs and glitches like zombies walking through doors.

State of Decay 2 is being built in "Unreal Engine 4", so It should be much more stable and bug free. Also, "Ureal Engine" is more mod friendly than "CryEngine". I hope developers bring us some mod tools to add cool stuff.

And talking about mods... What kind of mods you guys would like to see or create? New guns? New Zeds? New bases? Boobs? :D  

A mod where you could end being infected instead of being torn appart, would add lots of realism and immersion into the game. Personally, I´d like a mod (or even implemented in the base game) where the relationships between your community members mean something.

In the original SoD, if a member of your base got killed, you only suffered a little morale penalization. It would be great to deal with emotional consecuences.

Knowing its M$ I doubt there will be tools. They rather sell you a new color of a shirt for $5. XD

Especially since its multiplayer too, so they will have  anti-cheat system in place no doubt. This will be like GTA V on PC. Use a simple mod on singleplayer? BANNED! :angel:

Geez... You´re right. Only time will tell if they plan to add mod support in any way.

There's also the fact that it will be Windows 10 ONLY, not releasing on steam or anywhere else other than the microsoft store, which if I'm not mistaken doesn't even allow you access to ANY of the game's files, not even the ini's.

EDIT: I'll still be buying the game because I'm probably one of the few people left who still can't get enough of zombie games, probably because in my view none of them have been done "right" yet, they all have room for improvement, I'm holding out hope for a really amazing one.

There's also the fact that it will be Windows 10 ONLY, not releasing on steam or anywhere else other than the microsoft store, which if I'm not mistaken doesn't even allow you access to ANY of the game's files, not even the ini's.

EDIT: I'll still be buying the game because I'm probably one of the few people left who still can't get enough of zombie games, probably because in my view none of them have been done "right" yet, they all have room for improvement, I'm holding out hope for a really amazing one.

Have they (Undead Labs) confirmed the Windows Store exclusivity? Hmm.... I thought they didn´t say anything about this, but I haven´t been around the UL Forums in a while so it could be.

Anyway, making the tittle WS only will end in less sales. I think that the game will eventually come to Steam. Only time will tell...

Btw, I´m a big fan of zombie games too  :D

After beating the first one countless times - Day 1, easy. Can't wait for the coop. Hell, I am ready to replay the first one right now if there was a coop mode!

better player than me, I had a squad I regularly used, like 5 people which had awesome skill synergy, that got decimated due to zombie spawns.

and it all started with my "main" getting torn in half. Second guy waited a bit to go collect the gear when he got caught in between two hordes, it just went downhill from there.

I hadn't even touched it since it came out afterwords :c

Archived