Greatest Clothing/Armor mod idea

mewwwkittytt

Even if It were easy, it would make adding breast physics to the outfits almost impossible.  For the pieces on the torso to move together without the illusion of clipping, the body and outfit need to be the same NIF. If the body and the outfit are different NIFs, or worse if they are many layers of NIFs, in game the physics will clip like crazy.

To put physics in outfits for Fallout 4 you need anything that has the breast physics to be stand-alone and not multiple pieces.

Even if It were easy, it would make adding breast physics to the outfits almost impossible.  For the pieces on the torso to move together without the illusion of clipping, the body and outfit need to be the same NIF. If the body and the outfit are different NIFs, or worse if they are many layers of NIFs, in game the physics will clip like crazy.

To put physics in outfits for Fallout 4 you need anything that has the breast physics to be stand-alone and not multiple pieces.

What you are saying is completely counter to what we have seen with skyrim, surely the engines can't be so different to the point that a similar system is impossible.

What you are saying is completely counter to what we have seen with skyrim, surely the engines can't be so different to the point that a similar system is impossible.

Hm, i don't see HDT for Fallout 4. Not that it is any use without either F4SE API additions or reverse engineering Bethesdas physics assets.

Having different nifs allows for different BsCloth assets though. I don't know if the engine hates it, but it's even kinda done this way in vanilla meshes (base mesh + phys mesh/bones).

Hm, i don't see HDT for Fallout 4. Not that it is any use without either F4SE API additions or reverse engineering Bethesdas physics assets.

Having different nifs allows for different BsCloth assets though. I don't know if the engine hates it, but it's even kinda done this way in vanilla meshes (base mesh + phys mesh/bones).

(in response to part I bolded in your post)

it doesn't - I've got outfit mashups that are calling on more than 1 set of bsclothdata

That's not entirely true.

For breast physics to work the physics on pieces need to be matched.  It also helps if the same author considers all the overlapping parts, being a part of the same mesh is not entirely needed, as one can simply separate them later.

Would you agree it would be worthwhile to separate all vanilla outfits into constituent parts, like suits into shirts and pants and shoes?

I think we've got the slots for it, but I don't have the skills presently.

The real issue is,

The number of actual slots available.  Look there are probably about a dozen slots and for the most part again just like Skyrim there will be a lot of people that don't give a rats ass about the slots or what their items sit in either.

So in Skyrim we have Chest, Glove, Boots, slots.  Fallout 4 those 3 items all sit on Chest, thing is we also have 5 additional objects that also have their own slots....The overarmor parts.

Start cramming in pants, shirts, and shoes well that would mean that a complete outfit is now going to be 3 separate slots gone right there.  Complete outfit with armor and helmet would then be 9 slots..... 10 slots with sunglasses as well...11 slots with a backpack, 12 slots with one visable weapon....Of course that's all if Im lucky and the items mentioned have a slot that my outfit doesn't already need or use.

So then what about all the other nifty things people might want to use?

Backpacks, Visable Weapons, Shoulder Lights, and other accessories?

Maybe even sunglasses, face mask, and gloves?

Its not that it wont work, it likely can work but the thing you gotta consider is that will mean that an outfit that would have been 1 slot is now worth 3 slots and that means your down 2 slots that could have been used by other mods that the end-user might rather be using for something else.

Archived