How to make hair that occupies both the hair and longhair biped?

ZofaSoldier

I've created a new rubberHair object that has a rubber hood mesh attached to it.

Long hair is clipping through rubberHair as my rubberHair only seems to occupy the hair biped and not the long hair biped.

Is there a way to make my new hair occupy both biped slots?

I don't want to see any hair clipping through but I want to preserve facegen data so that I can see the player eyes, skin and mouth through the hood.

First, you need to open the mesh in nifscope.  Click on the NiTriShape that you want to change and then go to BSDismemberSkinInstance > Partitions > Partitions > Body Part.  The value will most likely be 131.  If it isn't, make it so.

Second, open the addon for the hair in the CK and look at the biped slots.  131 or 'hair' should be checked along with whatever slot is used for long hair.  That should fix it.

IF it doesn't be prepared to read some tutorials about adding a new Body Part in nifscope so you can assign an additional part for the long hair slot to use.

I have created the object in Character -> headpart -> extra as a hairline. As far as I looked I did not notice any setting to select the biped slot for a hair extra.

Yeah, and you're tinkering in the wrong area.  What you're doing in the CK matters dick-all if the target body parts in the nif doesn't match what you're doing in the CK.  This is true for gloves, boots, clothing/armor, head parts, whatever.

Archived