Having trouble loading custom armor in game

Serifaz

So I have no idea what Im doing wrong really.

I export a model with havok physics from 3ds max to a nif these are my export settings.

tGByc0w.png

I put it in nifskope and copy the bslightingshaderproperty from another model already working in game.

change the texture paths and add the havok path as usuall.

but when I load in game it crashes to desktop once I load into a character with the gear on.

It is an armor peace that I already had in game but was trying to add collision to a certain part of the gear.

not sure why its doing this. is there something I missed?

If you need me to attach the nif I will. just want to get this sorted.

What does the nif all have in it? Does it have bone nodes under BSDismemberSkinInstance/NiSkinInstance? A armor/outfit that doesn't have bone nodes will cause a CTD if someone is wearing it or if you try to wear it.

You could try loading the nif into the CK (creation kit) and see if it crashes. If it does read the error and fix it then try again. 

I think I figured it out possibly I will update the post once I know.

Edit: I figured out what is crashing it but am unsure on how to fix it...

I added collision to my ragdoll object in 3ds max.

the collision node in the nif file is crashing the game.

does anyone have a good tutorial on how to add collision to an object effected by physics

Update: Its the collision rigged to my ragdoll

Is there a way to add collision to a ragdoll?

If I take out the collision it works emediately

Also I can't seem to add collision at all, even when the mesh is not effected by physics.

Edit: I got the collision object to go into the nif and not crash but it doesn't do anything to the chains of my mesh.

I think it needs to be rigged to it but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that.

I am uploading a copy of the nif hopefully there is a way to fix this

All I am trying to do is give the chains collision so they will not go through the floor.

Solar Templar.nif

Archived