(released) Nidia race mod by Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Guest Vendayn

So, months ago...I received the Nidia race mod. I believe it came from Navar? I didn't ask the person who sent it to me, but I'm pretty sure that is where the mod came from. It wasn't 3dm or anywhere like that, that was open to the "public". The mod was created by someone named Nightshade. He stopped working on it, however. So, some bugs were left behind. Namely the arrow sound firing all the time.

There is a Nidia face on Nexus, but it isn't the same at all. It is missing features, like eyes and some other features and it is just a face replacement for all Nords. Granted, the race mod makes changes to other NPCs as well...which created a few bugs in itself. But I think those were fixed in a patch (which I also have). Namely one of the companions that turns into a werewolf was bugged...but supposedly that was fixed.

Nidia comes with a couple abilities. I'll need to update this, as I don't remember exactly what. I know one of them is an ability to summon a bow for a powerful arrow shot (once a day). However, I know there are others. But, she came with another or a couple passive bonuses. Nidia I believe was aimed for a stealthy/archer character, at least going by memory.

The problem and the reason this is (WIP), is because every time a message comes up or you pick up gold or harvest anything or do almost anything...an annoying sound of an arrow firing plays each time.

I almost got this race to work, as the trick was just to re-create it using the same resources. However, every time I fixed the head/hand/feet textures...the body textures would become messed up. The body would either go missing or be really low quality or be a zombie skin. I fix the body textures and the head/hand/feet textures would become messed up, either low quality or go missing or be a zombie skin.

This mod was the first mod I've ever messed with. It is how I learned so much about the creation kit. And probably was the best way to learn the CK, out of anything else I could do. I spent over 20 hours in 2 or 3 days trying to fix the race (12 or 13 hours almost non-stop one day) and while it was close. I finally threw in the towel.

However, a fresh start and a bit more knowledge of the creation kit. Hopefully I can get the race to work, as it is my favorite race mod I've seen/used.

Here are some teaser screenshots...these are rather old, but you'll get the idea. I don't have any naked body shots, but it is just CBBE version 2...so, that gives you an idea of what the body is like.

This one is a bit dark, but still visible (at least on bright monitors)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hqjFztWqQ96KkOcuciRYStMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

One of my favorites...running wild with a horse.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_6oi4xXd2HU5_LJ7E3FSzNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

And this one is a nice close-up.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Gnevuem6-doG9TEcg55w2NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

No promises I'll actually be able to fix the mod. But, it is a mod you probably won't find anywhere else...except maybe buried on Navar somewhere, as I don't think the mod was continued to be developed and was probably long forgotten.

If I can't get it, maybe someone else will want to give it a try. That is, if anyone even wants the race. But remember, you'll find it almost nowhere else. And now I'm just sounding like a used cars sales man...so I'll just end this here. :P

(update, June 9th of 2012)

Here is a link to the mod thread that Nidia is posted on, fixed and greatly enhanced by Trykz: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7781

Trykz was able to fix and greatly improve the Nidia race. He also included a lot of options, for various body types and head variants. All easy to change and try out, to find what is best for you.

I am greatly appreciative of his work on the Nidia mod and doing way way more than I ever expected anyone to do. I wasn't even expecting anyone to come and offer to take the mod and fix it up.

I worked rather hard and for quite a while trying to fix Nidia, so many hours put in...I was really about to just throw in the towel. Granted, tons of knowledge was learned of the creation kit, during that time.

So, again, thanks so much to Trykz for offering his excellent help on Nidia. :) Hope you all give Nidia a try, as Nidia is a great race and looks really nice.

Guest Vendayn

Ah, must be around somewhere then. I don't see it mentioned barely. I looked through 3dm really thoroughly and all they had were Nidia faces. And I've never seen it anywhere else. It is a good mod though. Just don't know where it originated from. All I know is it was made by Nightshade, as I said in that long post.

Does yours do the buggy arrow firing sound too? If it doesn't, could you upload it? It would be greatly appreciated. And I wouldn't need to go through trying to fix it again.

Guest Vendayn

So, I mostly got it, thus far. However, head textures are completely invisible.

Under use info I have...

HeadPartsNidia

RacesHuman

HeadPartsAllRacesMinusBeast

HeadPartsHumansandVampires

NidiaSkinNaked

NidiaNakedFeet

NidiaNakedHands

NidiaNakedTorso

Femalepresets 1 to 4

NakedFeet

Everything works, except the head textures don't show up properly.

Now, there is an option called SkinHeadFemaleNidia and it shows up as TXST on the side. However, the original race is listed under it. And there are other SkinHeadFemale for each race. But, I can't find how to include my own version (that I named Nidia2)...so I must be missing something. I imagine this is why my head textures don't show up properly (they are completely invisible). I even included it into FemaleHeadNidia, and still nothing. So either I'm missing something, or I don't know.

This is what happened last time I tried fixing it, and I ended up just making it worse.

Any advice? would be appreciated :)

Guest Vendayn

Right, so that was kind of a big mistake. I missed a huge step. My brain for some reason skipped over the "tinting" option. I bet this was my problem before. Kind of a long process going through all of it, but it should solve that problem.

All a learning process :)

Guest Vendayn

I mostly got it working. Can't release it, though. I only release quality mods. The male needs fixing, granted that is more of a minor thing...like the female version, the male head is completely invisible. I fixed the female version of that...and Nidia is just a female race anyway and uses the Nord race for male. Still, can't release a mod like that.

All the eye colors don't show up, except one. I could probably fix that with some messing around.

Doing it this way also has the problem of losing Nidia's abilities, as I have no idea how to make custom spells or anything like that. I would have to use in-game materials, but then Nidia just becomes more of another body/face mod.

However, I can skip all that. I found Guibap, I believe it was, post that included a newer version of the Nidia race. Found it sort of buried in the Vampiric Thirst thread. It doesn't have any of the bugs and works out of the box.

I kind of like my characters naked though, it looks better for screenshots and my skimpy armor conversion mods are really buggy with it. Way too much clipping. Because the newer Nidia has bra/underwear, so it clips too much or there are other weird graphics bugs.

A work around, that I will be doing later today and tomorrow...I'll be using assets from the Nidia race I have (the textures/meshes) and trying to copy them over to the new Nidia race through the creation kit. So, I'll just be replacing the entire race graphics with another version of Nidia. I tried this morning, but I have a really busy day and couldn't get it to work right. I almost got it to work, but not quite. It will take some messing around to get it working.

This should hopefully be a lot easier, but I didn't have much luck this morning.

However...it will look really messy in the creation kit, because of all the "duplicates". So, not sure what I can do about that. Or if a simply removing the word "duplicate" once its complete, "fixes" that. Not sure if that will mess with the textures/meshes though.

I mostly got it working. Can't release it' date=' though. I only release quality mods. The male needs fixing, granted that is more of a minor thing...like the female version, the male head is completely invisible. I fixed the female version of that...and Nidia is just a female race anyway and uses the Nord race for male. Still, can't release a mod like that.

All the eye colors don't show up, except one. I could probably fix that with some messing around.

Doing it this way also has the problem of losing Nidia's abilities, as I have no idea how to make custom spells or anything like that. I would have to use in-game materials, but then Nidia just becomes more of another body/face mod.

However, I can skip all that. I found Guibap, I believe it was, post that included a newer version of the Nidia race. Found it sort of buried in the Vampiric Thirst thread. It doesn't have any of the bugs and works out of the box.

I kind of like my characters naked though, it looks better for screenshots and my skimpy armor conversion mods are really buggy with it. Way too much clipping. Because the newer Nidia has bra/underwear, so it clips too much or there are other weird graphics bugs.

A work around, that I will be doing later today and tomorrow...I'll be using assets from the Nidia race I have (the textures/meshes) and trying to copy them over to the new Nidia race through the creation kit. So, I'll just be replacing the entire race graphics with another version of Nidia. I tried this morning, but I have a really busy day and couldn't get it to work right. I almost got it to work, but not quite. It will take some messing around to get it working.

This should hopefully be a lot easier, but I didn't have much luck this morning.

However...it will look really messy in the creation kit, because of all the "duplicates". So, not sure what I can do about that. Or if a simply removing the word "duplicate" once its complete, "fixes" that. Not sure if that will mess with the textures/meshes though.

[/quote']

You'll need to delete the duplicates, save, then close the CK completely. The CK doesn't delete things in "real-time", so you need to close and reopen it.

Once you do that, open each texture set and replace the textures with the pathing to the ones you want to use. If the pathing is the same as the original and you simply replaced the textures in the original locations, then you shouldn't have to do anything, and they'll show correctly on the race form preview.

On the head mesh itself, you'll also need to change the pathing to the textures you want it to use, or you'll get odd color variations that really look like shit.

In any event, I hope this helps. If you can't get it working, post the file and I'll take a look. If it's a quick fix, I'll sort it and repost it so you can run the RaceCompatibility scripting (if you intend to make them compatibile with other custom races).

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

It should be simple enough. I've already spent a lot of time on getting it fixed. But I'll try deleting all the duplicates and follow your guide. If not, I'll post the Nidia mod I found, which has bra+underwear. That is mostly for the esp file, and not the textures/meshes. I want to use the textures/meshes in the nidia version, that doesn't have that underwear/bra.

The problem I ran into with deleting the duplicates...for some reason the "correct' (I assume) textures...work for feet/hands. That being NidiaSkinBody_1, which worked before deleting the duplicates. However, it suddenly gets broken textures on both hips and NidiaSkinBody doesn't have that problem when it did before, but it is a lot lower quality (looking at render). Along with the feet and hands, get much lower quality and the feet get texture problems. Everything looks better using _1 options for Nidia, except for that one texture problem. Plus the head, which I never got to since I couldn't figure out the torso.

I did also try just having the new nidia mod active, and nothing else. And just replace texture path+delete that underwear txst. But, then I lose NidiaSkinBody_1 (plus feet/hands_1)...so not sure what is up with that. And the lack of _1 just makes the textures really low quality. I think that is where I'm getting stuck in this.

One thing I liked about the original+Nadia...was no neck seam. And, I seemed to always get a neck seam when I edited it, but that may be due to not setting the head textures right or wrong body textures or something.

Also, I'm using CBBE version 2, but maybe the guy who sent it to me, meant CBBE version 2.1...he didn't exactly specify. Just "V2". Not sure what the patch for V2 did.

I'm personally just kinda done trying to get it working. At least I learned a lot of stuff from it. But, now it is just getting annoying.

If you want to take a try of it, you are welcome to. It was fun though messing with it.

Here are the two mods of Nidia. Uploaded to my Mediafire account. The one named wrong (Nadia) I used for the esp. You'll need to delete the one Nidia underwear file that is included in it, otherwise there is always underwear. That was the problem I had it with it. And the other one I used for textures/meshes and was the one I originally used. It has a really annoying arrow flying sound bug included with the esp. Something to do with the special bow ability, I think. I spent a while trying to track it down, but couldn't and saw nothing obvious that would cause it.

(Nadia) http://www.mediafire.com/?51spnye13n608e5

(Nidia, original mod) http://www.mediafire.com/?7eqbwdxlql4to7p

Would be great to have the race be finally playable :) But if not, that is okay too. Maybe you'll have better luck than me :)

It should be simple enough. I've already spent a lot of time on getting it fixed. But I'll try deleting all the duplicates and follow your guide. If not' date=' I'll post the Nidia mod I found, which has bra+underwear. That is mostly for the esp file, and not the textures/meshes. I want to use the textures/meshes in the nidia version, that doesn't have that underwear/bra.

The problem I ran into with deleting the duplicates...for some reason the "correct' (I assume) textures...work for feet/hands. That being NidiaSkinBody_1, which worked before deleting the duplicates. However, it suddenly gets broken textures on both hips and NidiaSkinBody doesn't have that problem when it did before, but it is a lot lower quality (looking at render). Along with the feet and hands, get much lower quality and the feet get texture problems. Everything looks better using _1 options for Nidia, except for that one texture problem. Plus the head, which I never got to since I couldn't figure out the torso.

I did also try just having the new nidia mod active, and nothing else. And just replace texture path+delete that underwear txst. But, then I lose NidiaSkinBody_1 (plus feet/hands_1)...so not sure what is up with that. And the lack of _1 just makes the textures really low quality. I think that is where I'm getting stuck in this.

One thing I liked about the original+Nadia...was no neck seam. And, I seemed to always get a neck seam when I edited it, but that may be due to not setting the head textures right or wrong body textures or something.

Also, I'm using CBBE version 2, but maybe the guy who sent it to me, meant CBBE version 2.1...he didn't exactly specify. Just "V2". Not sure what the patch for V2 did.

I'm personally just kinda done trying to get it working. At least I learned a lot of stuff from it. But, now it is just getting annoying.

If you want to take a try of it, you are welcome to. It was fun though messing with it.

Here are the two mods of Nidia. Uploaded to my Mediafire account. The one named wrong (Nadia) I used for the esp. You'll need to delete the one Nidia underwear file that is included in it, otherwise there is always underwear. That was the problem I had it with it. And the other one I used for textures/meshes and was the one I originally used. It has a really annoying arrow flying sound bug included with the esp. Something to do with the special bow ability, I think. I spent a while trying to track it down, but couldn't and saw nothing obvious that would cause it.

(Nadia) http://www.mediafire.com/?51spnye13n608e5'>http://www.mediafire.com/?51spnye13n608e5

(Nidia, original mod) http://www.mediafire.com/?51spnye13n608e5

Would be great to have the race be finally playable :) But if not, that is okay too. Maybe you'll have better luck than me :)

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure I can fix it.

But let me have a look at what's there and I'll have a better idea what can be done. Personally, I'd prefer to just rebuild the entire mod using the stuff that's in the files you uploaded, and a few other upgraded parts (CBBE2 is likely the culprit behind the hip texture issue).

Give me a day or so, and you'll be playing this before you know it ;)

edit: the two files you posted are the same thing :)

Trykz

No problem :)

Oh, by the way:

FIXED!

Nidia01.jpg

Nidia02.jpg

Nidia03.jpg

Nidia04.jpg

Piece of cake :P

Dumped out the Tera and Ren hair meshes. Better off getting them as separate mods. Renamed the body and head meshes to make them proprietary to the race. Rebuilt the texture sets for the body, hands, head, and all the eyes.

I'll deal with the underwear and bra in the morning. They simply..... DO NOT BELONG on such a nice looking race ;)

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

wow, awesome so far :D And that was rather fast work.

But yes, now just the underwear and bra and the race will be good to go :D

I said screw it and ripped off the underwear tonight :P

Nidia05.jpg

Nidia06.jpg

They were bugging me, so I ripped them off in nifskope. As I suspected, the body meshes were calling them up, and screwing over the texture set in the CK.

No matter. They're history now LOL

Trykz

When I looked at this in the CK, I figured the body was UNP. The slope from the waist to the hips is a dead giveaway :D

So I swapped in UNP Blessed body meshes to give it some bounce. I kept the original meshes (with the undies and bra removed) in the folder in case you didn't want the bouncy chest.

I have some stuff to clean from the .esp tomorrow, and a few other things to look into (like the bow and anything related to it). After that I can set it up on my mediafire so you can grab it and finally play it as you wanted :)

But when it comes to race mods, the Creation Kit is my bitch. Which I why I offered the help :P

You want me to add this as a re-release with my other race mods, or you want to re-release it yourself? If I do it, I'll probably create more presets to bring it up to 10 instead of the three, and make a CBBE version as well (which is basically just a mesh and texture swap).

Makes no difference to me really, so it's your call. Let me know,

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Ah UNP heh. Interesting, may be why my armor stuff was buggy. Would the CBBE have some bounce to it? If not, I'll just switch to UNP armor, that sounds like an awesome "feature" ;P The body type doesn't really matter, I personally don't have a preference.

And I say you release it as your own. You did all the work (well, I did "try" to get it working, I spent so many hours on the race lol)...but, yeah, I think it is more fitting you put it with your other race mods. Since you got the race working and to look really good. It wouldn't feel right at all if I re-released it, even if I gave all credit to you.

Ah UNP heh. Interesting' date=' may be why my armor stuff was buggy. Would the CBBE have some bounce to it? If not, I'll just switch to UNP armor, that sounds like an awesome "feature" ;P The body type doesn't really matter, I personally don't have a preference.

And I say you release it as your own. You did all the work (well, I did "try" to get it working, I spent so many hours on the race lol)...but, yeah, I think it is more fitting you put it with your other race mods. Since you got the race working and to look really good. It wouldn't feel right at all if I re-released it, even if I gave all credit to you.

[/quote']

Well, like I said, it wouldn't matter to me either way, mainly because I didn't originally create it. But no problem. I'll add it to my release thread in the downloads section.

But yes. I can use the CBBEv3 BBP body, swap in the original diffuse textures from the original CBBE version you uploaded, and just use newer CBBEv3 textures beneath them. That usually works pretty well, until others try to swap in the CHSBHC body, which will likely still break the hips.

I have a few things to do today, but I'll get the CBBE version assembled, tested quickly, and packed up. Should be able to add both versions to my release thread this evening.

Trykz

CBBEv3 variant (with BBP) finished:

Nidia07.jpg

Nidia08.jpg

Both variants have a proprietary body. So you can use either by preference, while also using anything else as your vanilla race body replacer.

I also fixed the issue with the water bow.

The problem was with a soundfile the bow was set to use, which was being utilized in "loop" fashion. I just removed the sound reference entirely, and it works fine now without the annoying sound that was present in the original release version.

I may wait until tomorrow to upload this though.

The original creator obviously didn't use English as his primary language, so the descriptions for the race as well as everything related to the bow special are pretty garbled and confusing. I need to go out to take care of some errands today, but I'll sort the descriptions, test everything tonight, and drop it into my release thread in the downloads section in the morning so you guys can play with it.

edit: I also want to add an additional 7 presets to go with the original 3. I also don't much care for the head mesh, but won't change it. I will however, include all of Ran's head meshes that can be easily swapped in to replace the original.

Trykz

Yes, sometime even I can outdo myself, and be thoroughly impressed :P

Nidia09.jpg

This set of CBBE textures really improves the look of the original head mesh, AND the body. When I logged into the game to test it, I was quite pleased with how it all looked :D

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Very nice :D I do like the new textures for the body a lot. It is a big improvement from the other, at least in my opinion.

Though, I'll have to judge the head textures when I mess with the character in-game. I kind of liked the previous look I had with my older character, but still will wait for judgement in-game :)

Very nice :D I do like the new textures for the body a lot. It is a big improvement from the other' date=' at least in my opinion.

Though, I'll have to judge the head textures when I mess with the character in-game. I kind of liked the previous look I had with my older character, but still will wait for judgement in-game :)

[/quote']

No worries. I'll add both texture sets to the package, so anyone can use either set. Problem solved :)

I always like to pack in as many options as I can into anything I release, so it's actually good that you mention it now to bring my attention to it :D

I'll have a look at the original head textures with the body set I added, to see if there are any irregularities. Hopefully they work together. BBIAB,

Trykz

Well, the coloration is substantially off between the two texture sets. But no matter really, as both will be part of the mod.

Most of my plans got cancelled for today, so I'm working up the rest of the preset collection now, after which I'll likely up the mod to my MediaFire.

It will be a single download containing options folders for both CBBEv3 and UNPB (CBBEv3 will be the default). I'll also include the necessary skeleton files for those that might need them.

I'll post back when it's ready :)

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

When you say the coloration is off, will it be like that in the release version? You did say it wasn't really a matter...but that was partly what I ran into when trying to edit the race. It looked really weird. Maybe it was something different, but like when I tried editing, the body was lighter colored and the head was really dark.

Also, will both sets have that bounciness in them? Or just UNPB or CBBE, or none? Just curious, cause I know you said you added that. Not sure if you kept that feature or not.

But yes, thanks so much :) You really are good at doing race mods. Did what I couldn't do in 28 +or so hours, in a lot shorter time lol and made it way better.

When you say the coloration is off' date=' will it be like that in the release version? You did say it wasn't really a matter...but that was partly what I ran into when trying to edit the race. It looked really weird. Maybe it was something different, but like when I tried editing, the body was lighter colored and the head was really dark.

Also, will both sets have that bounciness in them? Or just UNPB or CBBE, or none? Just curious, cause I know you said you added that. Not sure if you kept that feature or not.

But yes, thanks so much :) You really are good at doing race mods. Did what I couldn't do in 28 +or so hours, in a lot shorter time lol and made it way better.

[/quote']

The coloration is off between the original textures and the new body textures I added as an option (which includes it's own set of matched head textures as well) So what I meant was, you can't mix and match the head textures from one, with the body textures from the other. But when each head is used with it's own body texture set, either is a perfect match :)

I only have the original set of UNP textures, so mixing and matching is a non-concern.

BOTH bodies have BBP support. They use the same skeleton, so the only things that need to be swapped out to use UNPB is the body in the options folder I added. I set up the CBBEv3 body as the default installation option, so the armors you already have for the CBBE body should work without a hitch :)

You'll see how I set it up when you download it. Basically, if you want to use the UNPB body, you just drag all the body meshes tagged "Nidia" into the character assets\Nidia Options\NidiaCBBEv3 folder, and drag the meshes from the NidiaUNPB folder out into the character assets folder.

If you want to use a different head, theres a folder with those as well. The original head mesh is the default, and all of Ran's headmesh variants are in the character assets\Head Options folder.

Just remember that when you swap out bodies, you ALSO need to swap out the texture sets. They use the same method described above. There is one set of UNP textures (the ones you uploaded for me), and two sets of CBBE textures (the set you uploaded, and the set I added). The set I added is the default so you can play with those first to see how you like them. If you prefer the originals, just swap them in as you would the meshes.

It's pretty easy to figure out once you see the setup, and how everything is pathed in the Skyrim directory.

Also since BOTH bodies are proprietary, NO NPC's will use any textures you put on the character. So tattoo away if you want. You'll be the ONLY being in Skyrim that has them ;)

I'm packaging the mod up now, so give me a bit to finish and I'll drop back in with a link to the download.

Trykz