Breakdown/Lost Will [Twine][Free][Dark Fiction]

silentgator

small bits.

- Arousal/hygiene(cleanliness) have been setup to the same bit as hunger/thirst/health.

- Small tutorial, and framework bits have been put in, for those having issues understanding what to do.

- Some corrections for the last tutorial story section have been done, more will happen as i get to them.

- start of the boring job of organizing code and fixing code variable names has started.

- work on the next few jobs has been set aside till there done, will be doing job by job, then balancing it and working on building a economy for use in the next area and the tutorial bits

- some small additions to the mechanics for stats, Corruption being added but not rigged, and some pregnancy bits worked in but not active.

Alright, got the first 2 groping scenes for the sub mini job in Luxury Living, and the template for the Clinic Job done.

Saddly, ill be busy with real life for a week or 2, will still be working when i can, but may be too tired when i end up having time, so cant guarantee ill be updating every day, but will probly be working on one of the 3 projects in small doses or more if i feel up to it.

if theres any bugs in the new job, or in the sub mini job in Lux Living please post so i know, i did some small tests, but nothing major, the clinic job should also work towards the tutorial story bits, but again didnt really test.

Work will probly get back on track by the end of this coming week, not entirly sure on this though, but i should have time at least every other day past that point to work on the game(s), if not every day, wife will be done her vacation, and i will be finished with most of my other family business, but still have my non adult game work to deal with, so will see how much time i end up getting.

Either way, i will be back to my normal work flow for the project of 1-2 hours a day more then likly around the 20th this coming month, but again will probly be getting back to work on it by the end of this coming week, since wife is eating up majority of my free time and as she will be done her vacation and getting back to work, it should free up a few hours, which may be used for my project(s) and since lost will is finally past the larger chunk of annoying crap it will probly take first crack, least till i am finished working out all the mechanics and balancing it, as well as finishing up the tutorial open world area's jobs and so on, as well as add in more events and get the current placeholder events finished or changed to more appropriate bits.

may also have another writer coming in at some point too, so stuff may end up getting a jump in speed of content flow, but will see, not holding my breath on it, anyways figured id give a heads up.

Alright, this is more so a grab for personal taste from people intrested in the Lost Will project, atm im still going to be busy for a few more days, but i figure i can give it time to get some input from the forum communities im sharing the progress with.

Major one being something ill have to get done first before anything else, and that is Dialogue Coloring, IE text for talking characters with different font coloring, see it alot in other games, and am wondering if the current white on black alone is somthing that should be changed so the dialogue and actions text can be discriminated between easier, or if its better just being white text in all on black?

Secondly do people want NPC's that are store owners and so on to have a presence outside of the working environment or does it not matter?

For the time being these are the questions which will need answering first, have a few more for a later time once i get the tutorial bit done to the point where i think it works well (Not saying it wont be edited to fit what other changes may occur later once that is the case, but it is a work in progress).

Anyways, thoughts, ideas, questions?

Getting back to work on Lost Will slowly, family business seems to be taking a extended time, but i made it clear i have to deal with other shit to everyone, so ill be doing small updates when i have stuff done again, my time aloted is unclear though, but im going to try and clean up the variable stuff so its not as annoying to look through when i need too, as well as look at the building layout for the tutorial area, might get the start of another building/job done, probly wont make it playable yet though as each job will be different then the next or at least have alot of variable use while working and have different enough ways for it to trigger a event from one another.

As noone has posted on the questions i placed out im guessing everything is fine enough for those intrested, so i wont bother with changing anything, if at some point later on it needs any of this kinda changes i may be willing to do it, but will depend how far along i am into the first story arc, as if its too far along changing out hundreds or more dialogues to font colourings may take a while with whatever time i have to work on my projects.

anyways just a heads up.

Tryin to impliment Will and Corruptions worded alternatives for the stat bar, bit more annoying then i thought as both are running on a 10 step state setup compared to the others which were roughly 5 state, but cor and will are going to play larger parts with unlocking stuff after the tutorial (and in the tutorial) locations, as well as determining bad endings or routes at a later date.

Once corruptions implimented ill start hooking it in, but am having a bit of a issue today thinkin on the state words, so will see if i get this one done today or tommorow.

mini update:

- Corruption scale (Morality) finished, and hooked into the current 2 events that have anything allowing for a corruption change (More can be created as i dont have to worry about having to back track alot as the system is now setup)

- Corrections to the story (Grammarly may have done bad shit and messed up my story in places but i dont think so, however could be some weird paragraphs so if any are seen let me know)

- Rewrote some of the status bar, so some or alot could be broken, but i looked over it a few times before uploading, so hopfully it all works as intended and wont have any weird bits 

-----------------

Just a mental note the WILL status bar item, is not finished, any items involving it saying [number]* are placeholders, and the adjectives in it at the moment may be changed later, i just cant spend more time on the project today and will get to it tommorow or the next day.

Hey just wanted to let you know I played through this sometime last week. I feel like it has a lot of potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Some clean up in the grammar and spelling department would be nice, but there was certainly nothing game breaking so far. Keep up the good work!

Hey just wanted to let you know I played through this sometime last week. I feel like it has a lot of potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Some clean up in the grammar and spelling department would be nice, but there was certainly nothing game breaking so far. Keep up the good work!

I put the main story through Grammarly a little bit ago, so if theres any more spelling or grammar issues in the story let me know, since grammarly didnt pick it up, and my current group of editors are rather busy with there own projects.

I could have accidently missed some of the story, but i think i got most of it, however i didnt do any of the events as i am unsure if i am going to keep them all or alter them later.

At the moment the tutorial area is being developed till its where it should be to give the player a proper example of the coming main world space, so events may take a bit before i pop stuff through Grammarly, but it will happen eventually.

------------------------

Side note i got the will stuff labeled, but it may need a redo later got pretty busy today, wifes sick and all, but ill try to hook will up to the will random events and get a few more/change the ones already there, as both will and corruption (and suspicion which is still n the game, just is a hidden variable as it should have been earlier) are scale based, so random events/event choices will depend on what stage of these your on, so will probly need plenty of time of messing around as events are added in till it seems realistic towards the values.

So not sure whats going on with Neocities, but it is refusing to upload my updates to the game, going to let it rest as it seems like its on there end, so tommorow or the next day when i get time ill check to see if it will let me upload, if still nothing, ill send in a email to get down to what the issue is.

Yeah, was about to ask about that.  I kept looking at the changelog, and it said the last update was on 5/14.  So wasn't quite sure if that was accurate, or that the updates weren't being uploaded for whatever reason.  Thanks for the info.

Yeah, was about to ask about that.  I kept looking at the changelog, and it said the last update was on 5/14.  So wasn't quite sure if that was accurate, or that the updates weren't being uploaded for whatever reason.  Thanks for the info.

Ahhh the changelogs only updated on milestones, so all the lil updates wont get on there till ive finished enough, but neocities is still not letting me upload any of the minor changes, so something is up, sent a email so just waiting on them to mail me back.

For minor updates ill usually say if somethings been added on the forums im posting too, so best to keep a eye on em if you want to see the actual progress, next milestone for version 0.3 will be once the tutorial open world area has been finished and Morality(Corruption), Will has been fully rigged, and events have been setup.

Then every version past that will be through the course of each district of the main world, so 0.4 will be the first district you have access too which will for the most part involve 2 or so jobs and 1 cheap living situation, probly will be more, but ill be pushing out the areas as quick i can with some content and going back again once the full area is done, and adding a bit more before i continue on with the Main story arc, however Story arc stuff will work differently through the acts once your through the tutorial, basicly thinkin that once your there, the arcs will be findable/pickable at some point and once you go through a story progression arc (which will be fairly linear once you get to specific points with possibilities for arcing off into different story sections later) there will be a chance for more story arcs to be possible to switch too.

Arcs in general will seem linear in progression though, but once you do reach the freechoice open world stuff there will be room for more arcs to open up, so as the progression that you get locked into at points may seem linear, it will still be fairly non linear.

But as it still sits for how im going to go through the games inital setup the main story will be my focus for my story work, so it will be linear for the time being, but ill be making sure to keep open world instances throughout the story, so there will be access for sandboxing as well as more story directions.

---------------------

towards this issue with neocities, i may end up finding another host, hoping i dont need too as neocities was simple and has a 1 gig alotment so really have no limits as long as i keep it picture free, which if i do add pictures the private downloadable versions of my games will be picture enabled, but the site ones will just be text, anyways this no upload issue is kinda ok, as ive been rather busy past few days, and the upload i was going to do earlier was more so just code and corrections, i still have quite alot of coding to do for getting pregnancy in, and the Saltz job is actually going to be multi jobbed, as it will have 3 bathing situations which will have quite a bit of corruption includes for unlocking the job allowances, but ill see about getting the saltz job stuff done today even if i cant upload it given whatever the issue is.

So didnt get a email back from neocities contact, but it apparently is working now, saddly the start of saltz took a bit longer then i wanted, but the character types im setting up are a bit more conversational, so the job intro is in as a teaser to what kinda content could pop in there, but it took me a bit to figure out how to proceed, so didnt get the job done, nor the side bits, was going to try last night but ended up gettin busy, didnt have any time to pass it by anyone to see if there were any major grammar or spelling issues, so it may be a bit choppy for those who care about that kinda thing, when i get time ill just run it through grammarly since its longer then the other job intros.

anyways aside form that some small fixes to code and other bits, also the job text for going to work and all that crap is just the template stuff, had really only less then a hour to do this stuff, so i kept some of the template stuff maybe added a lil bit of placeholder flavor stuff but not sure if it will be enough.

anyways can check the job intro out, but it will kinda dead end you for getting a job atm, going to "work" does still pass a bit of time and stat decreases as it is still the template just a fyi but the time passing is rather minor.

Upped fix's and corrections, grammarly isnt the best but it should do, if anythings majorly bad in way of grammar in the story feel free to post.

I did push the new job intro through grammarly, as well as had someone look it over, but the other jobs content is still not spell checked.

Been working on the origin stuff for the Alice character, may take a bit before i upload that stuff, just a heads up, may also get the job stuff finished, but since the Alice character is going to be story based, and if the player takes the bath job, the relationship with her will be workable before leaving the tutorial i am going to need to iron that stuff out first.

Either way ive been rather busy with real life crap, so will probly take some time to get it all finished, as its a larger bit of story, and will more then likly span a few random events, which may or may not fire through the course of the tutorial, however you can sandbox it and i wont be removing that ability at all, so if someone spends the time trying to trigger it all there wont be anything stopping them, unless they get too far ahead in the main story.

I have become increasingly aware, that grammarly really doesnt do a great ammount of fixes for quite alot of the grammar, and ive been looking around for a few able body people to help out in that respect, so the grammar will eventually be delt with properly, but will be a while i before this happens, unless i get a few able bodies right off the bat, as i am more concerned on the games meat, personally, however if people are found soon, some time will be put aside to deal with there editting, but my majority of time will be still based on adding more content.

the Alice character alone will be quite alot of work, for the time i have to put into side projects, for the player playing through it, it will be a hidden incurance, that once you are on its path, will lock the story out, so if you get it and choose to investigate, it will need to be finished before you can move onto more of the main story, I will detail it in the tutorial, in its own little section, as side quests that can help or change a story arc in some way will also do this when you start them.

Wont be long till the next update comes out, had to take a bit of a writing break for 2 days there, but ill be getting the alice character framework done up to a point within a day or two, atm there really only needs to be the work and relationship interaction placeholders setup, and the first main scene, this event chain will have probly the one and only bad ending capable within the tutorial area, but it will be added in at a later date, for the time being im just going to focus on getting the first scene up with the inital relationship gaining content, and see about balancing it.

The point towards this event chain, is that it wont happen right away, and may not happen before a player reaches the main stories point of progression, but it will start on a pretty unfair inital bit, more so a 1 in 100 chance so it will need to be dragged down after some testing from a few people to a point where it has that kind of feel.

This specific event will be how most events and story arcs get unlocked in terms of how it triggers and what it will do to the general story, however theres room for more additions to the style for later on, will more so be basic, for this particular event.

Update will be up tommorow, just have the relationship modifyer starter events.

Event will be triggerable once the player has 20 relationship points with alice, may add a quick start for a day or two at some point if it ends up being too difficult to obtain, and her relationship will have flavor text at some point in her description, but for this coming release i just want to get it out there.

Ill probly reduce heavily the chance of it popping to 1 in 20, to have it attempt to pop all you will need to do is enter and exit the bath house, will probly add some more variables needed like once per day or otherwise later, since it will be rather easy to pop it once you have the needed relationship with alice.

Alright, the Saltz Bath stuff is up, just a Really massive warning on it, i have NOT done much at all of testing, IF you find a error or something looks off text wise, please copy the Pages entire text.

This chunk was a larger ammount of work then it looks, and uses alot of nested possible choices of text, in certain areas so it will be hard for me to find where the break or mistake was without the entire body of text.

As it sits now, the majority of the content can be viewed by having 20 relationship status with Alice (Isnt visible in any way yet, just keep doing the none ignore options when you hang out with her after work 20 times) And going into the building repeatedly IN business hours, so not at night time.

Once you get the intro bit to the event portion there is only 1 little insert of content after work that sets it up for the next bit of content, there is nothing new after this point, i didnt have much time to work on this, and it ended up being fairly massive for a small visible section, my plan was to complete it before putting anything to public, but not enough time to actually get the entire thing done fast.

As for spelling and grammar, alot of it isnt checked, but the main scene for the side mission start up has been for the most part grammar and spell checked, i just couldnt find someone for the rest of it, as with all the others it will eventually be edited, i just dont have anyone available to do so, and my english is not that great to begin with, as well as my use of grammarly has shown it to be rather useless like most other computer based grammar checking apps/plugins.

Anyways in the case i didnt fuck up on any of it, as it is a larger section, and i could have missed something or set something wrong in my haste, BUT if not, i hope everyone enjoys the start of this side mission.

Some content warnings: Non-Consent, Mind Control, Drama (In a sense).

As i had thought would happen as i hadnt had the time to test, has happened, but luckily it wasnt that big a issue, still have to go through the code once i finish the entire side mission, but someone testing it has found the major one, and i did give it a quick test to see if it worked, and seems to be fine, granted there is one bug i noticed which could kill your entire game, but its something you would have to knowingly do, to make it happen, i will fix it up a bit better since that issue makes it look rather crappy in terms of visual ambiance anyways.

So:

Major bug where you were locked out of working when the call was happening has been x'ed out - was from older code i had in place for testing purposes, for those who had issues understanding where to go and needed a lite helping hand to explore the sidebar, but since the tutorial is in that shouldnt be a issue, minus the bad grammar and spelling which will be delt with eventually.

There is one major game breaker bug where if you are in the midst of getting the side mission (first page) and select the Call Messenger, it can lead to you activating all the locks on content, as this would take you to actually do it in a specific combination to actually happen i didnt fix it for now, going to get the entire mission finished then ill go back and clean it up to look better.

-----------

The current event only has the start up section where you see what you see, and then one small bit after when you hang out with alice, the rest will be split into 2 other sections, so when i get time ill try to get those out.

Having gotten whats in place i have noticed a few issues with my variable use for specific stuff, nothing too major, just may make stuff annoying later on so once this side mission is done im going to go back to dealing with the games variables and cleaning up code, as i havent finished this yet, and rather get it done, updates may be scarce, just a warning.

Will be a few days before i get started on the next 2 sections of that event, once ive gotten the next parts done ill get working on fixing up the variables and code to be a bit more clean, as well as start writing up a coding key list, as this project is going to be heavy with variables and will defenitly need a key list for all the variables, and what there for, since i dont work on this for long periods of time, and sometimes forget what is needed and what is in use.

Either way, hoping will eventually find someone willing to write up events/content, so i can prioratize my work on just getting the basics done for the world space, but till then will keep getting the jobs and basic starting/generalized events going once im back on track with the projects stability.

Atm stability for dealing with this new side mission stuff may be off in terms of me having changed a few things and added in a variable or 2 to deal with side missions and story arc interaction, so shit may be broken in some cases aside from those major issues earlier, again if anyone finds anything of note, PM or post here on it.

Sorry for the longer then expected wait all, my dev pc ran into a few hardware issues, so ive sent for a few new parts, not sure when i'll get them in as the place in town has to order in the parts i want, but for the time begin im going to take this wait as a long needed break from my real job and my side projects, ill update once i get my dev pc fully setup again.

I may at some point if this takes too long, use my gaming computer to work on the side projects, as i saved the twine main file, and the most recent backups to a usb drive, but not going to hold my breath, as i have had a rather stressful few months with real work, and rather spend as much time away from all things majorly work related as i can, but ill see how i feel later on if i cant get my dev pc setup soon.

Archived