Studded armor with hide armor textures

☀ Dust

Hey, dudes and dudettes.

Yesterday I decided to make a female version of the trailers' dragonborn. After playing for a bit I got my studded armor, but it was textured as if it was hide armor (loose torso, no studs and less white fur, although with the correct shoulder plate), even though it looked right in the male bandit who had it.

A15vxbQ.png

Naturally, I looked at the texture file. Turns out that it contains BOTH options, with and without studs, shoulder plate, and both torso options.

3AzMpjT.png

So, I assume this file controls both the studded and hide textures. Cool so far. I opened the studded mesh (from Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT) in NifSkope and confirmed that it points to this file. Then I opened the mesh I used before, from UNP Female Armors, and surprise, it also points to this file, but loads the correct texture.

Y0aYpEq.png

So, tl;dr, my question is: if a texture file contains two options, how can I tell the mesh which one to use?

Worst case I can just use the non-hdt mesh only for this armor, but it'd be nice to know.

Oh, but the problem is that the mesh is using the wrong part of the right texture file. If you mean what I think you mean, that's not the problem. Thanks, though.

I learned that the cause of my problem is something called UV mapping or something like that, and that fixing it in NifSkope is too much of a bother, so I'll just replace these meshes with my old non-HDT ones. XD

Left, wrong. Right, right. (?)

Same file.

afZMG5P.png

Archived