Modded clothes texture problem

hello there guys! i'm really in need for some assistance :\ . I downloaded an armor resource and I decided to add it in my game using geck, however while in game the texture seems broken but by looking in nifskope seems that everything is already assigned well. Any help please?

This is how they look in game

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266098287248860671/2DC3AC26134C7188E09FFA1966A90FBA918A1484/

Upload sample mesh and texture, picture of how it looks in nifskope would help as well, showing texture path. If texture path in nifskope shows drive letter tehn it will not work, paths must be relative. ie path should be \textures\armor sample\mytexture.dds vs c:\program files\some other path\textures\armor sample\mytexture.dds

Almost looks like shader definition is wrong in nif or UV map is wrong, just some guesses. Also if you are using texture set could be wrong 3D part assigned for set.

Upload sample mesh and texture, picture of how it looks in nifskope would help as well, showing texture path. If texture path in nifskope shows drive letter tehn it will not work, paths must be relative. ie path should be \textures\armor sample\mytexture.dds vs c:\program files\some other path\textures\armor sample\mytexture.dds

Almost looks like shader definition is wrong in nif or UV map is wrong, just some guesses. Also if you are using texture set could be wrong 3D part assigned for set.

thanks for replying I managed to fix that by completely reassingning every texture path. anyways regarding the path you have to set, i have a question: how do you put a generic path instead of C: ect ect? 

Where ever you keep your resources stored for instance c:\fallout\my textures\ add that path to the resources in nifskope options > settings > resources > add folder

Then when you attach textures from that resource location or sub folders they automatically are generated as relative path, anything attached from outside your resource definitions will get the absolute path with drive letter. This can be overridden using the texture set method in the CK, in which case the texture paths in the nif are ignored.

The resource paths are read with the top path taking priority over the ones below if both have same textures names

post-139201-0-62903400-1472675057_thumb.jpg

Where ever you keep your resources stored for instance c:\fallout\my textures\ add that path to the resources in nifskope options > settings > resources > add folder

Then when you attach textures from that resource location or sub folders they automatically are generated as relative path, anything attached from outside your resource definitions will get the absolute path with drive letter. This can be overridden using the texture set method in the CK, in which case the texture paths in the nif are ignored.

The resource paths are read with the top path taking priority over the ones below if both have same textures names

Thanks again for answering. Do you think there would be problems setting this to work with MO or is it the same thing?

The paths that you set in Nifskope are read by Nifskope when opening whether its from inside MO (added as exe) or outside of MO, no deference there.

I do not use it as an exe in MO personally as I do all my tweaking outside of MO in most cases. If you look on the left side of MO and use the option "open in explorer" and open a nif that way you will have to add the path to nifskope in order to see the textures for example c:\games\fallout\mod organizer\mods\my mod, assuming the meshes and textures are subfolders of my mod.

So if you do this a lot then using it as exe in MO would be more convenient. Using it as an exe in MO allows you to see the full virtual folders of the mods you have installed already. Then you would just need the path to your games data folder defined in the resources tab of nifskope. I have a full separate library of meshes and textures so I do all my work outside of MO but whatever works best for your own workflow.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions I would be glad to help if I can.

The paths that you set in Nifskope are read by Nifskope when opening whether its from inside MO (added as exe) or outside of MO, no deference there.

I do not use it as an exe in MO personally as I do all my tweaking outside of MO in most cases. If you look on the left side of MO and use the option "open in explorer" and open a nif that way you will have to add the path to nifskope in order to see the textures for example c:\games\fallout\mod organizer\mods\my mod, assuming the meshes and textures are subfolders of my mod.

So if you do this a lot then using it as exe in MO would be more convenient. Using it as an exe in MO allows you to see the full virtual folders of the mods you have installed already. Then you would just need the path to your games data folder defined in the resources tab of nifskope. I have a full separate library of meshes and textures so I do all my work outside of MO but whatever works best for your own workflow.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions I would be glad to help if I can.

Got it, i'm gonna have a look at this, i'll report if i find any problem.

Speaking of problems by the way I do have some problems regarding the character texture. I tryed looking around but no matter what I do the hands seems to have a texture seam from the rest of the body, is that normal in fonv?

If you mean body and hand seem between meshes and also sometimes neck seem from head and body then yes this is not uncommon. If you have head and body from 2 different mesh makers then that will have higher chance of happening. You can use blender to fix by snapping the verts of the meshes to align properly, have done it for my own custom body but it can be tedious work, easy answer is to hide seems with necklace, gloves, bracelets, etc. to minimize.

You will notice that some gear mods come with gloves that include hand mesh and outfits that include body mesh, no telling that the body and hand mesh they used is exactly same that you have installed so some gaps will be more noticeable than others.

If you mean body and hand seem between meshes and also sometimes neck seem from head and body then yes this is not uncommon. If you have head and body from 2 different mesh makers then that will have higher chance of happening. You can use blender to fix by snapping the verts of the meshes to align properly, have done it for my own custom body but it can be tedious work, easy answer is to hide seems with necklace, gloves, bracelets, etc. to minimize.

You will notice that some gear mods come with gloves that include hand mesh and outfits that include body mesh, no telling that the body and hand mesh they used is exactly same that you have installed so some gaps will be more noticeable than others.

Just to be clear this is what i'm talking about http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/273979043834932033/6A6DF612CCECB37F3B386F20180EA83F12980767/

There isn't really a seam but more like a texture mismatch

I see what you mean now, looks like the hand textures are pointing at the games original hand textures instead of the ones that came with your body texture. It looks like you are running a custom race? with the hand textures still pointing at the games originals. If not then maybe you did not install any hand textures? If you overwrite the games defaults then old lady's will have really nice hands ;)

This is screen shot of my custom version of Kendo 2's  Mojave Delight, you can see that I am using custom path for hand meshes and textures to match my body. Of course if you use a gear mod that contain gloves and contain the hand mesh it might still show the old texture and you will have to fix paths in nifskope, cannot remember if hand textures would override like the body texture does, ie defined by your race, I explicitly define my texture path in my custom race so I don't interfere with regular game textures.

Still on 1st cup of coffee....

If you need quality textures look at anything by Kendo 2 or use the ones in Mojave Delight, also from K2

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/850-kendo-2s-type3-custom-textures/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/444-kendo-2s-type3-body-pack/

post-139201-0-78047900-1472835996_thumb.jpg

I see what you mean now, looks like the hand textures are pointing at the games original hand textures instead of the ones that came with your body texture. It looks like you are running a custom race? with the hand textures still pointing at the games originals. If not then maybe you did not install any hand textures? If you overwrite the games defaults then old lady's will have really nice hands ;)

This is screen shot of my custom version of Kendo 2's  Mojave Delight, you can see that I am using custom path for hand meshes and textures to match my body. Of course if you use a gear mod that contain gloves and contain the hand mesh it might still show the old texture and you will have to fix paths in nifskope, cannot remember if hand textures would override like the body texture does, ie defined by your race, I explicitly define my texture path in my custom race so I don't interfere with regular game textures.

Still on 1st cup of coffee....

If you need quality textures look at anything by Kendo 2 or use the ones in Mojave Delight, also from K2

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/850-kendo-2s-type3-custom-textures/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/444-kendo-2s-type3-body-pack/

Well the character I used was just the basic caucasian race but it happens regardless if I use any other custom race. I do have hand textures too at least according to the files in the texture folder. Could it be that maybe I did something wrong when I had to do the archive invalidation? I remember that i wasn't able to install the body textures by using just MO and I had to use FOMM.

I'm actually already using your racemojave delight, didn't know you were the author and I have to say that it's very good. Anyways the problem happens there too. 

I'm actually a newbie and I don't think I could fix that myself without reading a step by step guide.

Since we are here i'll add the neck body part too cause i'm not really sure if this is normal

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/273979043834932234/1168400B39AEF89CDF3BC3F0976D91338920D80C/

I am not the author of that mod I just have a version I customized myself, some of those paths may not exist in the Mojave Delight on Nexus, sorry for the misunderstanding. I would have to compare the original with mine to remember what I changed and why.

Neck seem is normal depending on body mesh you use, also some textures have better matching so seem is minor like the ones i linked from K2, includes meshes and textures. but The ones in Mojave Delight should look better than that.

I think you have to select one of the Delight races in character gen to get the better body and textures, otherwise if you choose the default Caucasian then its the default game textures which is what those look like to me.

I am not the author of that mod I just have a version I customized myself, some of those paths may not exist in the Mojave Delight on Nexus, sorry for the misunderstanding. I would have to compare the original with mine to remember what I changed and why.

Neck seem is normal depending on body mesh you use, also some textures have better matching so seem is minor like the ones i linked from K2, includes meshes and textures. but The ones in Mojave Delight should look better than that.

I think you have to select one of the Delight races in character gen to get the better body and textures, otherwise if you choose the default Caucasian then its the default game textures which is what those look like to me.

Ah alright i understood it wrong.

Regarding the race like i wrote you before i tryed even with the races included in Mojave delight and unfortunately the colour mismatch is the same. Are you sure it's not the archive invalidation?

Sorry I did not see that you had tried any of the Mojave Delight races you just said "any other custom races".

It looks like you are using MO? In MO check, profile > manage > make sure check box in "automatic archive invalidation" as well as on the right hand side check archives tab and make sure "have mo manage archives" is enabled. I never used MO for FO3 or NV I used FOMM only, I use MO for skyrim so I am familiar with it. In MO make sure nothing is overwriting the textures of Mojave Delight, drag it to the bottom on the left hand side and right hand side to make sure its last or check conflict tab of mod for things overwriting.

Sort you mods with LOOT, if it still does not work I would try to disable all mods except base game and Delight and check if it working. Open console and type showracemenu, select one of the MD races, if they are listed there then mod is working. If textures are still wrong then you have something else wrong in your setup that I cannot see.

Sorry I did not see that you had tried any of the Mojave Delight races you just said "any other custom races".

It looks like you are using MO? In MO check, profile > manage > make sure check box in "automatic archive invalidation" as well as on the right hand side check archives tab and make sure "have mo manage archives" is enabled. I never used MO for FO3 or NV I used FOMM only, I use MO for skyrim so I am familiar with it. In MO make sure nothing is overwriting the textures of Mojave Delight, drag it to the bottom on the left hand side and right hand side to make sure its last or check conflict tab of mod for things overwriting.

Sort you mods with LOOT, if it still does not work I would try to disable all mods except base game and Delight and check if it working. Open console and type showracemenu, select one of the MD races, if they are listed there then mod is working. If textures are still wrong then you have something else wrong in your setup that I cannot see.

Alright did some tests too along the way.

Basically I disabled the archive invalidation txt that came with the body I downloaded and it resulted in the vanilla textures overwriting the modded textures creating a bad mismatch similar to this : http://i.imgur.com/2gLsTWn.jpg

Then I did like you said and I had the same results I had when just using the archive invalidation.txt of that mod. So in conlcusion that archive invalidation.txt had the same effect of the automatic archive invalidation of MO. 

So I decided to try the kendo2 body and texture you linked me earlier and had an even worse problem. Not only there was the usual mismatch body/hand but even the body had like 2 different skins :(

Don't use the archive invalidation text files that is old school and you do not need them, use the method in the mod manager only. None of the mods In question (Kendos or MD) use that file so not sure where your getting it from.

If you use the method from FOMM it creates a file called "Fallout - AI!.bsa" in your NV directory and adds need line to INI file, that's all you need.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17895-fomm-custom-build-0141113/

If your body has "2 different skins" like nipples on knees, etc then you have a body that uses different UV map for textures or you are not applying archive invalidation correctly or your mods are not installed correctly. I would suggest you try FOMM instead unless someone with MO + NV experience can jump in here.

Don't use the archive invalidation text files that is old school and you do not need them, use the method in the mod manager only. None of the mods In question (Kendos or MD) use that file so not sure where your getting it from.

If your body has "2 different skins" like nipples on knees, etc then you have a body that uses different UV map for textures or you are not applying archive invalidation correctly or your mods are not installed correctly.

I stopped using it but as I told you before problem is persisting

Mind if I ask you which folder or part of MO i have to screenshot so that you can see too if I messed up something?

Look at these settings but again I never used MO with NV, you might also check out Gophers video on MO with NV

Ok i just did some screenshots of everything i believe.

Here you can see that archive invalidation is activated and it's on top, plus you can see kendo2 which is below everything and it's not overwritten in any way

http://imgur.com/a/jHOZh

While this is the the mesh and texture and their path

http://imgur.com/a/AdbHq

http://imgur.com/a/8Qs3z

plus the screenshot on this appear in game

http://imgur.com/a/9YMkl

- Image 1 I can only assume this is correct for MO for the archive invalidation

- Image 2 the paths are correct but your missing the meshes for the hands, that's why you get the default game ones, there should be 5 for the hands you can get these, they are small than the default gorilla hands, more feminine. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/5355/?

- Image 3 the paths are correct but your missing some textures like the normal maps so that is most likely why they look off. Use the ones from the pack you have already or download dimons original files, use the second option "Dimonized Type3 - AIO", the files you need are in the folder textures\type3v2\body but check out the optional folder as well for the face/head textures. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4280/?

and yes these will work with NV

In MO check the data tab, scroll find the single dot, after that the folder structure should be what the game sees, you can verify what mod is doing what here.

I hope I am helping you here, not that great at troubleshooting some of these sometimes but I get there eventually.

post-139201-0-29540300-1473009900_thumb.jpg

post-139201-0-45751200-1473009907_thumb.jpg

- Image 1 I can only assume this is correct for MO for the archive invalidation

- Image 2 the paths are correct but your missing the meshes for the hands, that's why you get the default game ones, there should be 5 for the hands you can get these, they are small than the default gorilla hands, more feminine. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/5355/?

- Image 3 the paths are correct but your missing some textures like the normal maps so that is most likely why they look off. Use the ones from the pack you have already or download dimons original files, use the second option "Dimonized Type3 - AIO", the files you need are in the folder textures\type3v2\body but check out the optional folder as well for the face/head textures. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4280/?

and yes these will work with NV

In MO check the data tab, scroll find the single dot, after that the folder structure should be what the game sees, you can verify what mod is doing what here.

I hope I am helping you here, not that great at troubleshooting some of these sometimes but I get there eventually.

Thanks for replying again ^^ . i had a feeling something was wrong with the installation of this body but the installation txt was a bit vague to be honest :C . Do you know how the normal map is called in the kendo2 archive and how should it be renamed to work(upperbodyfemale_n?)? 

Also i didn't know you could do that in MO using the data tab in that way, it's nice to know thanks and you shouldn't say that you are really helping me a lot from a bit too now and i'm really grateful for that ^^

No problem, props for sticking with it most people just give up to easy ;)

"Thanks for replying again ^^ . i had a feeling something was wrong with the installation of this body but the installation txt was a bit vague to be honest :C . Do you know how the normal map is called in the kendo2 archive and how should it be renamed to work(upperbodyfemale_n?)? "

That is correct, use my previous screen shot as reference for related file names. The path I show is from an archive and not the game or a mod. Keep in mind that if you replace the meshes or textures in "\MESHES\characters\_male" or "\TEXTURES\characters\female" that it will effect every female in the game, including old ladies, but hey who are we to judge grandma. :P

Mojave Delight uses separate path for mesh and texture separate from the default races so your characters textures and meshes are unique if you want from rest of world like above, you can also combine overwriting the default like above and use custom race like MD with no problem. So MD should have worked out of the box as long as you choose one of the custom races like "Bombshell" or "Goth", etc. It is packaged correctly for any mod manager so still not sure what that did not work for you.

"Also i didn't know you could do that in MO using the data tab in that way, it's nice to know thanks and you shouldn't say that you are really helping me a lot from a bit too now and i'm really grateful for that ^^"

Took me a while to use that and have faith in what it was telling me, but it is the best view of what is where and how the game sees the file structure since MO uses "virtual" file structure.

Glad to help,

No problem, props for sticking with it most people just give up to easy ;)

"Thanks for replying again ^^ . i had a feeling something was wrong with the installation of this body but the installation txt was a bit vague to be honest :C . Do you know how the normal map is called in the kendo2 archive and how should it be renamed to work(upperbodyfemale_n?)? "

That is correct, use my previous screen shot as reference for related file names. The path I show is from an archive and not the game or a mod. Keep in mind that if you replace the meshes or textures in "\MESHES\characters\_male" or "\TEXTURES\characters\female" that it will effect every female in the game, including old ladies, but hey who are we to judge grandma. :P

Mojave Delight uses separate path for mesh and texture separate from the default races so your characters textures and meshes are unique if you want from rest of world like above, you can also combine overwriting the default like above and use custom race like MD with no problem. So MD should have worked out of the box as long as you choose one of the custom races like "Bombshell" or "Goth", etc. It is packaged correctly for any mod manager so still not sure what that did not work for you.

"Also i didn't know you could do that in MO using the data tab in that way, it's nice to know thanks and you shouldn't say that you are really helping me a lot from a bit too now and i'm really grateful for that ^^"

Took me a while to use that and have faith in what it was telling me, but it is the best view of what is where and how the game sees the file structure since MO uses "virtual" file structure.

Glad to help,

Alright i follwed your advices and these are the results

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266099102107255378/70D68BE52BC1284A66AA0063697A13E9BFB05576/

using these textures: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34702/?

and this is how the folders look : http://imgur.com/a/4PvSr meshes

http://imgur.com/a/F3oIJ textures

using mojave delight race I got this result

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266099102111289639/4847538B8FDFE8BE69619744006D0EDA13DAEAF5/

Should they look like that or i'm still doing something wrong?

The first setup will only effect "vanilla" races, is that a vanilla race in the first screen shot? Just want to be sure

The bad shadows along the groin area in first screen shot looks like enb issue to me (speculation). The folder structure of the meshes and textures looks correct to me, again for vanilla races.

MD screenshot, hand / body textures seem to match pretty close, use bracelet, gloves. etc to hide mesh seems. The weird "grainy" or "bumpy" parts on the pelvis and arm looks like normal map from different texture set, also could be from enb. What mod is the body mesh from?

What MD race is that in the MD screen shot? MD comes with its own meshes and textures and they have different path than vanilla.

Also did you use something like ddsopt or run these through some graphics program? DDSopt can screw up textures sometimes, I seem to remember seeing something like that when I made my own normals and they were not correct format or something, produced same effect but still keep thinking its enb. They just look low rez to me try shift-f12 to disable enb in game and see if issue persists.

The first setup will only effect "vanilla" races, is that a vanilla race in the first screen shot? Just want to be sure

The bad shadows along the groin area in first screen shot looks like enb issue to me (speculation). The folder structure of the meshes and textures looks correct to me, again for vanilla races.

MD screenshot, hand / body textures seem to match pretty close, use bracelet, gloves. etc to hide mesh seems. The weird "grainy" or "bumpy" parts on the pelvis and arm looks like normal map from different texture set, also could be from enb. What mod is the body mesh from?

What MD race is that in the MD screen shot? MD comes with its own meshes and textures and they have different path than vanilla.

Also did you use something like ddsopt or run these through some graphics program? DDSopt can screw up textures sometimes, I seem to remember seeing something like that when I made my own normals and they were not correct format or something, produced same effect but still keep thinking its enb. They just look low rez to me try shift-f12 to disable enb in game and see if issue persists.

Yes it's a caucasian race in the first screenshot, i used racemenu too to be 100% sure. 

Good, so I do have enb problems too, am I really a lucky person, right?

yeah the grainy skin looks ugly af and as I told you everything from the 2nd screenshot comes from mojave delight, body included of course. 

The MD race is "posh" If i remember correctly.

Yes I used ddsopt but not to optimize these textures of course, I just used it to optimize the nmmc (or whatever they are called) texures.

Alright i'll disable enb and post other screenshots too.

As always thanks again for taking your time to help me :)

Archived