Place objects on the ground

zaira

What I want to reach:

Placing SitCrossLeggedMarkers and a FireplaceWood01Burning via script on the ground ( creating a rest place). Unfortunately there is no Papyrus function to get the z-Coordinate of the ground.

One idea is to let a NPC walk to the places where the objects shall be placed and create the objects at the NPC.

Is there another, more elegant way to place objects on the ground? Eg. with the help of havok?

I don't know, but you might want to look at Frostfall to see how that does it. The campfires, tents, etc. are placed on the ground quite well, barring some problems now and then with uneven ground making objects tilt oddly.

I don't know if it includes the source scripts though... but you could always ask Chesko.

EDIT: I'm assuming you want to be able to do it anywhere in the world rather than in one specific location, obviously...

If the player Z position is OK for you, then just create the object(reference) from the base object, close to the player, then position X, and Y.

Or you can try to enable the Havok for the object, get the Player.Z, add to it 20 and let the object fall.

I did it for a variant of SexLab.

Actually I have no idea if was just the actor that was moving to it that was then going on the ground or was the actual marker.

But it works.

Archived