NPC permanently busy, LAPF won't start. Possible reasons?

I haven't changed my mod list and load order recently, at least not significantly. And apparently this isn't related to a specific LAPF mod. Suddenly this particular NPC isn't responsive anymore, regardless of the kind of input: can't be trained, can't train others, can't have consensual. Even MB2 spells have no effect. Any other NPC is fine. Is there a way to "reset" their status?

I only noticed the presence of a token "Lovers Stage" in the inventory (thanks to Refscope), but removing it using the console didn't solve the problem. Usually the message "X seems busy" takes place when a NPC is sitting, riding horse or otherwise occupied, but this is not the case. Last time I checked the package was "wander near current location" (because of the "wait here" command).

Thanks Greg, in fact it was a previous sex act not completed properly.

I found a different solution thanks to Refscope, and I will post the workaround I used, in case someone else should have the same problem.

In the section Active Effects of Refscope, my dunmer had the usual racial ability "Resist Fire", and a most unusual "Waterbreathing". Applied by no less than "Lover During Sex Animation" spell. So I took note of the FormID, targeted the NPC, and used the console command:

removespell 0B03BFD5

(0B because Lover with PK.esm is the 11th mod loaded)

The npc is now fixed. Back to business (...as a pimp)  :lol:

Archived