Deleting some old stuff NV

Lately my New Vegas though it would be fun to start crashing every 7 minutes so i wanna delete everything and only install stuff that essential to me.

so my question is DOES anyone know if the meshes/textures/sound because iam almost sure these weren't there before i started filling it with mods. i don't want to redownload NV since i have crappy internet which will take a day or so.

Help would be appreciated!

Lately my New Vegas though it would be fun to start crashing every 7 minutes so i wanna delete everything and only install stuff that essential to me.

so my question is DOES anyone know if the meshes/textures/sound because iam almost sure these weren't there before i started filling it with mods. i don't want to redownload NV since i have crappy internet which will take a day or so.

Help would be appreciated!

This is another good reason to backup your NV with Steam before modding :)

I may start to sound like a broken record on the FNV boards, but this is your definitive solution to reinstalls because of mod corrupting your setup :

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35003

I am using that tool for FNV, Oblivion, Morrowind, and there isn't any mod managing tool that comes close to its awesomeness.

EDIT : Adding tut (for Oblivion, but works just the same for FNV, Skyrim, etc.), because without pics, it didn't happen :

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35230

I understand what you mean, I really do.

It took me weeks to get to the point of installing it, despite many people advising me to do it. Then it took me weeks again before opening fnvEdit to fix some conflicts between mods.

Today, I just can't live anymore without these tools. I'd go crazy, with the sheer mass of custom content I now have :) I also don't play games non-stop, so coming back after some months to a clean, yet modded install, knowing what to find where, has its charm.

Honestly, it's the first steps which are the most difficult. Once you're past, you'll be the one advising others.

I'm not as much a fan of Wrye as I am of FOMM (ok, truth is, I've only used Wrye once -- the oblivion one -- and I hated it), but some modding tool is essential.

FOMM is easy, but because of the state you're in now, you're still going to have to do a manual cleanup of your data dir in order to get it back to a vanilla state.

The vanilla game comes with a bunch of ESM files (no ESPs), several BSAs, and perhaps some other files.

If you can't reinstall the easiest way to get back to vanilla is to open that directory, delete all the subdirectories, esp files, txt files, and so on. Leave the core ESM and BSA files (they are easy to recognize), open steam, and then:

1. Go to library.

2. Right click FONV, select properties.

3. Select 'local files' tab.

4. Click 'verify integrity of game cache'.

5. Follow any instructions.

6. Wait a while.

Seems to be the only way than...

PS: deleted all mods (except my own WIP stuff) and all textures and meshes and some sexus/ZAZ sounds NV seems to be working!

Extra thing: just found a texture fuck up but that COULD be that i didn't turn off and than on the archiveinvalidation

More PS: i can now wait 72 hours...

Archived