WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

Hey, my WW isn't working right now, either. It's not showing up at all. (No welcome message, nothing when you click on your sims, other sims, or objects, etc.) I'm attaching my last exception file, if it works, I hope that helps. It worked last night, so IDK what else to do.

Troubleshooting I've done so far:

-Removed all other mods and tested again

-Deleted WW mod files (all, I know) and redownloaded newest version (pretty sure was the same though)

-Made sure the download setup files were not included (never were) in mod folder

-Removed all CC and tested again

-Made sure game was updated via Origin

-Did "repair" option on game via Origin

Did I do something to it, or does it just need to be fixed again now that Jungle Adventures has come out??

Thanks!

lastException_63655728118.txt

1 hour ago, Reitanna said:

it says to always remove all files before installing new versions, does that mean our save files too? I hate having to redo my settings every time I download the new version

No, you need to remove all Wicked Whims files before updating.

2 minutes ago, Reitanna said:

ugh. that's bogus. oh well, thanks for answering.

I think you may still be misunderstanding.  You do not need to remove anything except the previous Wicked Whims mod files you downloaded.  Currently, there are three files; TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package, TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script, ww_cas_parts.json

No other files need to be removed (unless you also downloaded penis or tongue rigs).  All your other mods are safe.  All your save games are safe.

Hey Turbo, apologies for this but I couldn't find the thread for your other mod Intersex. But since the Jungle Adventures patch the intersex option is no longer showing up. I have pulled out all of my mods but that one just to make sure and it still doesn't show up. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I just want to say what amazing work you are doing. I can't imagine all the headache getting this mod to run all of it's things in the background and deal with the mess of code EA throws in every patch.

2 hours ago, JackBikwik said:

I think you may still be misunderstanding.  You do not need to remove anything except the previous Wicked Whims mod files you downloaded.  Currently, there are three files; TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package, TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script, ww_cas_parts.json

No other files need to be removed (unless you also downloaded penis or tongue rigs).  All your other mods are safe.  All your save games are safe.

you said, "No, you need to remove all Wicked Whims files before updating." so I'm confused, which one is it?

1 hour ago, Reitanna said:

you said, "No, you need to remove all Wicked Whims files before updating." so I'm confused, which one is it?

The WW file in your save folder is just your settings for WW. you don't have to remove that. (only remove it if you are making a clean save).

You DO have to remove the WW files in your Mods folder.

So I've updated the game today, re-enabled script mods, I don't have the new game pack, and I removed all the WW files (including the ones that were in my saves) that were in my game for the new one and still nothing has worked. Literally, nothing shows up in game, it's like it's not even installed. If someone could help or explain whats going on then that would be great :smile: (i also have a mac)

15 hours ago, slider said:

As he said both times, you ONLY have to remove the WW files: TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package, TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script, ww_cas_parts.json

I don't get what is confusing you.

please don't be rude. like I said, he said first that no, I had to delete ALL WW files. I'm sorry, but I don't get how that's not confusing, as he said after that I did not have to delete all WW files, just the certain three. he said two different things, so my confusion was completely justified. B10HAZARDx333, however, was very clear to confirm what I should and should not delete. I appreciate that very much.

14 hours ago, B10HAZARDx333 said:

The WW file in your save folder is just your settings for WW. you don't have to remove that. (only remove it if you are making a clean save).

You DO have to remove the WW files in your Mods folder.

I don't seem to have TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package 0_0

4 hours ago, Reitanna said:

Weird.

I also get the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package .

I downloaded the latest version of WW, double clicked with proper program, click WickedWhimesMod folder,  and it shows that file.

5 hours ago, Reitanna said:

Then you found your problem.  Redownload the file.  You installed the mod incorrectly.

Also, the information you were given by myself and others assumed you had basic knowledge on modding your game.  When the description tells you to remove mod files, it assumes you know what mod files are.  When you install mods, you put them in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods.  This is the only place where you should be adding or removing things involving mods.  Unless something has gone terribly wrong or you know what you're doing, your involvement with the files ends there.

Я немного расстроена из слияния мода в тюнинг.... Пользовалась модом 4 года, советовала многим. А вчера избавилась от него. Слишком много места он стал занимать, большей половиной его, я не пользуюсь. Когда появились " Беременность и менструальный цикл" Это поставило точку в использовании этого мода в дальнейшем. Много раз просила и писала: Почему нельзя сделать легкий мод на "ориентацию" что бы мои симы были традиционной ориентации? Или моды по отдельности. Этого многим бы хватило. Была с вами 4 года радовалась игре, теперь вынуждена уйти. Спасибо вам за вашу работу!

There is someone who use the better butler mod from LittleMsSam because my first butler has left my home sometimes later (sims hours) after my 2 sims get a sequence with wicked woohoo, he is still a butler in his career but he is only walking on the world like npc sims do

3 hours ago, loveyuto said:

Why does my dog get deformed by Pet Traction Rope?

5a9c03919379d_2018-3-4_21-19-10_.thumb.jpg.57a805ba4031b1686e197e44925cb4ae.jpg

While hilarious, it's highly unlikely this is caused by Wicked Whims.  Remove ALL your mods and test it.  Add mods back in one at a time until it breaks again, then you have your problem.

Hi! I love your mod! I used to be the type of person who never used mods, I've always only downloaded a small amount of CC, but now.. I don't think I could ever go back to playing without mods. 

Anyway, I have a suggestion. It's just something that I think would be cool and life-like. But I was thinking some kind of personality trait or maybe a fairly cheap reward trait, that makes a sim save themselves for marriage.

And again, I love your mod! You are amazing!