Problem with mining/crafting animations

Hey,

I have a problem with the mining/crafting animations, they only play for like 1 sec and then stop, which makes crafting/mining impossible. The bug only occurs after some time in game and I couldn't find out what caused it. I already googled it, but every solution I found only works for mods I'm not using (like Defeat).
I also already reinstalled Skyrim and all Mods and started a new game, but it still happens.

Anyone any idea what might cause it or how to solve it?

Help me Obi Wan Community, you are my last hope. :(

P.S. Sorry for possible bad english.

LoadOrder.txt

Papyrus.0.log

If you're using any sort of animation replacer, have you run FNIS for users?

I don't have a solution for crafting, which is arguably a worse problem than missing mining... but you can get around the mining problem by equipping your pickaxe as a weapon and attacking the ore instead of "using" it.

You say it happens only after some time in a game... how much time? And do you mean something like "when I get to level 10" or "after playing for half an hour?"

EDIT: The only thing that looks like it even might be doing something with ore veins is Deviously Cursed Loot, but I think it probably isn't the problem. And in any case IIRC Deviously Cursed Loot doesn't do anything with crafting anyway...

Thanks for the reply.

I did run FNIS and I know of the attacking ores trick.

Wish I could get to level 10. Actually I'm not sure when it happens. I read in another thread that it might be caused by Captured Dreams' Curier and leveling up, but I wasn't able to reproduce it that way (loaded an old safe from before the bug and leveled up, everything works fine at first, but again after mabye 30mins the bug occurs).

Hey,

I have a problem with the mining/crafting animations, they only play for like 1 sec and then stop, which makes crafting/mining impossible. The bug only occurs after some time in game and I couldn't find out what caused it. I already googled it, but every solution I found only works for mods I'm not using (like Defeat).

I also already reinstalled Skyrim and all Mods and started a new game, but it still happens.

Anyone any idea what might cause it or how to solve it?

Help me Obi Wan Community, you are my last hope. :(

P.S. Sorry for possible bad english.

attachicon.gifLoadOrder.txt

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

I have seen this occur sometimes when either an animation is "interrupted" (used to see this happen with AnimatedProst a lot, basically non-existent now with SexLab).  It seems an animation gets "locked" and prevents some other animations from running (mining, crafting, alchemy, sitting).  Also a possibility is using the "auto-freecam" in SexLab.  First, turn off auto-freecam if you have it on (use the manual freecam for sexlab which by default is Number Pad 3 - it can be changed in the SexLab MCM).  Second thing I found that helps when the "animation block" occurs is to run another sexlab animation - use matchmaker or sexlab aroused redux to have the PC perform a masturbation animation.  Once done it should undo the "block".  Again, I haven't seen this in so long that it may not work, but give it a try.

And don't forget to turn off the auto-freecam (if you have it on).

@fore:

Ok I tried renaming both folders. The bugged save-game is still bugged and playing my unbugged save-game for a while (Bleak Falls Barrow until I get to the ore-vein) still becomes bugged. So it's not animations related?

@srayesmanll:

Read this before somewhere on the forum and tried both, sadly no luck.

Ok I think I got it. I seems it was the CD Courier after all (fast traveled to Whiterun and talked to her after the game bugged and viola everything works again). What's weird is that I'm nearly sure I did this before and it didn't help, maybe updating CD to V4.04 helped.

Thanks  again for the help and sorry for the inconveniences.

Archived