Limits to modding etc to DOA5LR

Verhoven69

This by no means disparages the various mods recently discovered by our talented community.

Recently noticed my game freezes during gameplay. I for one consumed all of my lrs assets and been installing the destruct mod like crazy. Not to mention been modding the default costumes so almost all of my default costumes are modded to some extent.

Nope, I still haven't used the Autolink costume swap system but have the game installed.

So here is the low down

My PC's specs

Windows 7U 64bit

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon R7 360 series fully updated

So what 's the beef with all this stalling via 2 seconds in midgame play? Was it all the tmc swapping? Perhaps some of it but I removed the full package of destruct bunny costumes and the stalling stops.

No more stalling. Maybe this is just applicable to my system but if you are experiencing this, you know now why. Some costumes aren't ment to be "damaged" thus the system taxes the CPU/AI.

Also found out, even KTs official DLC have the unrepairable" neck seam symptoms. Which one? 

Rachel's Summer bikini DLCU 029. I've been repairing the neck seams of various mods and found out that the unmodded DLC has this nasty neck seam. Others are free to confirm my find too.

That is all.

Knowing is half the battle!

DOA5LR issues are so differents from users and sometimes random.

I had no problem when I started to use the game with mods until few months ago I kept getting an Nvidia error that made freeze on my pc with most of time crash and sometime a total reboot of my computer itself following by these problem my pc got many errors and I had to change some pieces.

Now it look to don't have freeze even if time to time the game is still lagging a bit due to my pc (I guess I still need a better computer even if doa is running fine on a low system).

---

[Edit] Computer spec :

. AMD Phenom II QuadCore Black Edition 965

. Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 2 Gb

. Ram 8Gb DDR3

. Windows 7 64Bits

---

Dunno if it's related to how many mods we are using or what kind of mods but maybe.

From past some persons had some problems with too much mods installed.

Aside from random ejection to desktop from DLC slot conflict or something related to Autolink on character select, the game has been very smooth for me.   Although I don't play it much anymore, but in my experience, it's never been slow or anything.

Perhaps some of the problems are related to the infamous "Windows Rot" where you have to reinstall Windows every so often to prevent performance degradation?  Have you tried defrag your hard drive? Some maintenance tasks might help with performance in general.   In regards to video driver hard crash, sometimes it helps to do a clean reinstall of the video driver after cleaning it up an utility such as display driver uninstaller.

Issues with official KT outfits are quite common if you take some time to look around :D

Aside from random ejection to desktop from DLC slot conflict or something related to Autolink on character select, the game has been very smooth for me.   Although I don't play it much anymore, but in my experience, it's never been slow or anything.

Perhaps some of the problems are related to the infamous "Windows Rot" where you have to reinstall Windows every so often to prevent performance degradation?  Have you tried defrag your hard drive? Some maintenance tasks might help with performance in general.   In regards to video driver hard crash, sometimes it helps to do a clean reinstall of the video driver after cleaning it up an utility such as display driver uninstaller.

Issues with official KT outfits are quite common if you take some time to look around :D

Nope. CC defrag sees my system as healthy, and I defrag my system already before removing the destruct mods and still had the 2 sec stalling. The stalling has stopped already once I removed the destruct costumes. I did a repeat play via time attack and VS and no more stalling. I still have less than 5 "destruct" costumes left though.

Also, TC might've made changes in the games source code, along with the "fixes". :dodgy:

Regarding GPU drivers, newer are not necessarily better.

Mine:

i7 4700MQ

8GB DDR3

HD 1TB / 5200rpm

GTX 770m / 3GB DDR5 - with 361.91 (2016/02/15) drivers. The most updated makes Shadowplay no longer works and 2D/3D graphics loses a lot of frames.

Instead of defragging your HD, I suggest to do a full backup of the OS partition and restore it after.

Using a 3rd party SW, not the pre-build Windows rollback system.

Why? Among many reasons, because you'll save your HD lifespan and space, will have a full faithful OS backup that you can save on a external drive, you can make a clone on another HD.

DOA5LR require a 3.2 Ghz CPU in a single thread for a smoothly play.

I had tested this game on 2 type of PCs

1) My personal PC - Perfect play, rock solid 60 fps in 1080p, max settings. Runs smoothly even on 4K with supersampling.

Specs:
i5-3570K 3.4 Ghz (4 cores, 4 threads)
16GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update (x64)
Latest Nvidia drivers
2) My cousin PC - Almost playable only in 720p, minimum settings, but many random lags incoming

Specs
G3220 3.0 Ghz (2 cores)
8 GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
Windows 7 (x64)
Old drivers, 3-4 month from the last update

-------------------------------------------

See also

PlayStation 3
Cell 5 Ghz (1 core, 8 theads) - real performance at 3.2 Ghz (1 core, 7 threads)
Nvidia RSX (equivalent of 7800 GTX)
512 MB DDR2

DOA5LR run at 1280 x 720 
PlayStation 4
Jaguar 1.6 Ghz (8 cores)
AMD GND (equivalent of R9 270 or GTX 660Ti)
8GB GDDR5

DOA5LR run at 1920 x 1080, but in this case, the PS4 version of this game is totally different.  Soft Engine offer the multi-core performance and much more, DX11 graphics

For the best play on PC, with a tons of mods installed on the game plus autolink, plus post processing graphics (GeDoSaTo)

3.2+ Ghz CPU 

GTX 770 or GTX 960 | R9 280 or RX 470

-----

Verhoven69, maybe the problem is your graphics card. R7 series of AMD is not for serious gaming. R7 360 is worse a GTX 750.
What's your CPU?

If that can help, 2 crazy issues I managed to get around with this game:

-lights blinking during a fight and random crashes to desktop:

my savegame was corrupted (I was using alt+F4 sometimes, this game doesn't like it, it saves a lot), changing it with a backup fixed everything.

-some costume slots can be bugged. I was trying to use every one of them and always several particular ones were crashing the game.

Updating the game fixed that. On 1.06H patch they are all usable.

Makes you wonder if it's worth updating and if they break that stuff again... (cause they probably don't care about the slots they're not using)

DOA5LR require a 3.2 Ghz CPU in a single thread for a smoothly play.

I had tested this game on 2 type of PCs

1) My personal PC - Perfect play, rock solid 60 fps in 1080p, max settings. Runs smoothly even on 4K with supersampling.

Specs:
i5-3570K 3.4 Ghz (4 cores, 4 threads)
16GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update (x64)
Latest Nvidia drivers
2) My cousin PC - Almost playable only in 720p, minimum settings, but many random lags incoming

Specs
G3220 3.0 Ghz (2 cores)
8 GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
Windows 7 (x64)
Old drivers, 3-4 month from the last update

-------------------------------------------

See also

PlayStation 3
Cell 5 Ghz (1 core, 8 theads) - real performance at 3.2 Ghz (1 core, 7 threads)
Nvidia RSX (equivalent of 7800 GTX)
512 MB DDR2

DOA5LR run at 1280 x 720 
PlayStation 4
Jaguar 1.6 Ghz (8 cores)
AMD GND (equivalent of R9 270 or GTX 660Ti)
8GB GDDR5

DOA5LR run at 1920 x 1080, but in this case, the PS4 version of this game is totally different.  Soft Engine offer the multi-core performance and much more, DX11 graphics

For the best play on PC, with a tons of mods installed on the game plus autolink, plus post processing graphics (GeDoSaTo)

3.2+ Ghz CPU 

GTX 770 or GTX 960 | R9 280 or RX 470

-----

Verhoven69, maybe the problem is your graphics card. R7 series of AMD is not for serious gaming. R7 360 is worse a GTX 750.

What's your CPU?

It's in the first post my CPU's specs. And yes, I know the hardware's limitations but the symptoms I've been experiencing  started recently like last July 2016 when I went mod crazy and installed the destruct mods not to mention consuming all of lrs :D  assets. I removed a big chunk of the destruct mods and the 2-3 sec lag has all but stopped. I still have some of the mods, like maybe 3 or 5 left.

I just recently upgraded my rig just last march 2016 so all my stuff is new.

QWORD AdlerCRC64_GetCRC64( QWORD crc, void *buf, DWORD len )
{
    unsigned char *next = (unsigned char *)buf;
    while (len && ((uintptr_t)next & 7) != 0) {
        crc = crc64_little_table[0][(crc ^ *next++) & 0xff] ^ (crc >> 8);
        len--;
    }
    while (len >= 8) {
        crc ^= *(uint64_t *)next;
        crc = crc64_little_table[7][crc & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[6][(crc >> 8) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[5][(crc >> 16) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[4][(crc >> 24) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[3][(crc >> 32) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[2][(crc >> 40) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[1][(crc >> 48) & 0xff] ^
            crc64_little_table[0][crc >> 56];
        next += 8;
        len -= 8;
    }
    while (len) {
        len--;
    }
    return crc;
}

AutoLink's ui_mod (  d3d9.dll ) need CRC64 to check textures

but running CRC64 very slow in an AMD CPU

intel i3 i5 i7: AMD  ~= 60ms : 500ms

==========================

if AMD CPU....................... delete  d3d9.dll  (  101,888  bytes ) :P 

QWORD AdlerCRC64_GetCRC64( QWORD crc, void *buf, DWORD len )

{

unsigned char *next = (unsigned char *)buf;

while (len && ((uintptr_t)next & 7) != 0) {

len--;

}

while (len >= 8) {

crc ^= *(uint64_t *)next;

crc = crc64_little_table[7][crc & 0xff] ^

crc64_little_table[6][(crc >> 8) & 0xff] ^

crc64_little_table[5][(crc >> 16) & 0xff] ^

crc64_little_table[4][(crc >> 24) & 0xff] ^