[Outdated] LPK v1.4.1 - 6 [Rev96] Alpha

The only one I have yet to get to work is for dogs' date=' but I think LoversBitch may be interfering. My character is still fairly low level, so she hasn't run into all that have been done. I especially liked the bear hug take down...

Yeah, I downloaded nifskope just yesterday, already had Blender. Who knows, I may try some animation work myself, someday...

[/quote']

That is odd because I have lover's bitch too and it seems to work. Though, it crashes sometimes. I think this is due to a conflict between Lover's bitch, Lovers's Gnomercy or perhaps lover's NT's esps. I haven't been able to really look into it but my scripting knowledge is limited anyway. The Dog takedown is probably my favorite.

I have however started to work on giving these animations facial expressions using nifskope. I figured out how but am still working on nailing down what I like.

So as it stands, it is still a mystery what new features rev96 may have I guess? I wish I spoke Japanese. :s

After rebuilding Oblivion/xLovers on a brand new instance of Win7 Ultimate, I decided to go with Prophour's AIO this time around. Not all of it, just yet, just those mods I like to use the most, and some I haven't tried yet.

The issues I have had so far I think are related to LoversBitch, LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP, a new one I'm trying out, AdrenalineOblivion-SpawnElement and Lovers with PK rev 96.

Immediately after beginning the LoversBitch quest, my issues started. I cannot buy the dogs she has for sale as part of the quest, and after unticking 'Wild Companions', I was still knotting with them, and now all wild wolves, the one canine I did companion with through one knotting, are all tame in the wild, i.e.; not attacking anyone. Weird.

So yeah, I'm also not entirely sure what rev 96 brings to the table, still trying to discover that. And my Japanese to English translations leave me having to still guess a lot as to what they are saying. Better than nothing though. I'm slowly looking into better translations though posts on Hongfire and the tools there, but at the end of the day I'd much rather be playing Oblivion than decipering stuff related to it.:)

Well from what I have seen in rev94/rev96, while in the process of making some improvements, they actually break things for some of the older plugins. This is why I recommend to people to stick with rev91 or rev93. Yes, they won't work with loversNT but so far that is the "only" plugin they won't work with.

Until one of the genius code monkey's we have here take a look into this and figure out exactly what has been done we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Well from what I have seen in rev94/rev96' date=' while in the process of making some improvements, they actually break things for some of the older plugins. This is why I recommend to people to stick with rev91 or rev93. Yes, they won't work with loversNT but so far that is the "only" plugin they won't work with.

Until one of the genius code monkey's we have here take a look into this and figure out exactly what has been done we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

[/quote']

Definately agree g', rev 96 should imo be only considered by those wishing to experiment and/or test.

@Art_B - Need to ask a favor. Can you provide the following for me to compare to my current build, to see if I can too get the dog ani's to work?

1. Load order of all your active mods/plugins

2. Rev of key Lovers mods; Lovers with PK.esp, (think you said 96 yes?) Also LoversIdleAnimsPriority and LoversAnimObjectsPriority too.

3. Contents of ini folder, need to review file names in it

4. Mesh folders for Character and Creature, ani sub folders.

I disabled LoversBitch, moved the ini and animations to temp folders but rec'd an error trying to call one of the missing animation files. My next guess is it is LoversCreature and/or LoversIdleAnimsPriority and LoversAnimObjectsPriority.

I find it odd that the others like bear, rat and mud crab work, but dog doesn't. I may now have a corrupted save from having LoversBitch in it originally...

It's because of the IdleAnimsPriority from donkey's improved animation project which replaces the animations selected from being 207(dog) to 1101+, since motionNT for dogs is 207 and never gets selected, you never see it.

I've been using rev 96, the dog animation would be good if you could align it correctly, unfortunately the attack is too far forwards and using the 1/2 keys slide it diagonally instead of forward/backwards on the motionsNT animations. most of them don't need to be adjusted so it's not an issue but with dogs and boars it's somewhat broken which is unfortunate as it's a very good animation.

It's because of the IdleAnimsPriority from donkey's improved animation project which replaces the animations selected from being 207(dog) to 1101+' date=' since motionNT for dogs is 207 and never gets selected, you never see it.

I've been using rev 96, the dog animation would be good if you could align it correctly, unfortunately the attack is too far forwards and using the 1/2 keys slide it diagonally instead of forward/backwards on the motionsNT animations. most of them don't need to be adjusted so it's not an issue but with dogs and boars it's somewhat broken which is unfortunate as it's a very good animation.

[/quote']

Yes, but doesn't Donkey's idleanimspriority also apply to all of the other creatures too? Odd because trolls, Ogres and mudcrabs run the new animations over his...

...I'm hoping to see improvemnts additions to this new mod, since it is easy enough to just Wrye Bash it and have additional animations to run. The more the merrier!

only animals where he created his own indexes, some of them were simply overiding the original animations, which is why you can see some of the motionNT animations on some creatures but not others, since motionNT replaces the original animations. So, with goblins, you won't see the NT version, because donkey's animations for this have his own index 20XX instead of the 2xx of the original animals animations, which is what motionNT replaces.

You can have the MotionNT with the new animation project if you're willing to replaces one of donkey's animations added from the project, like the dog BJ animation is one i didn't like much, so I got the number of from the console, then just renamed the 207 motions to be the same number, same with .ini => but alas, the NT anim has its problem, I'm no animator so I have no clue how to fix its alignment =/

only animals where he created his own indexes' date=' some of them were simply overiding the original animations, which is why you can see some of the motionNT animations on some creatures but not others, since motionNT replaces the original animations. So, with goblins, you won't see the NT version, because donkey's animations for this have his own index 20XX instead of the 2xx of the original animals animations, which is what motionNT replaces.

You can have the MotionNT with the new animation project if you're willing to replaces one of donkey's animations added from the project, like the dog BJ animation is one i didn't like much, so I got the number of from the console, then just renamed the 207 motions to be the same number, same with .ini => but alas, the NT anim has its problem, I'm no animator so I have no clue how to fix its alignment =/

[/quote']

Okay and thanks for the detailed info. I'd wait and see if the alignment for dogs is fixed in a future release, animating takes up a lot of time, and I'm deep working on something else.

I've been using rev 96' date=' the dog animation would be good if you could align it correctly, unfortunately the attack is too far forwards and using the 1/2 keys slide it diagonally instead of forward/backwards on the motionsNT animations. most of them don't need to be adjusted so it's not an issue but with dogs and boars it's somewhat broken which is unfortunate as it's a very good animation.

[/quote']

That's odd because the first time the animation ran in game I had a similar issue with the default alignment(too far forward) but easily adjusted it with the number keys and the subsequent times it was fine(unless it crashed, lol).

Varenne, sorry I missed your post. I will work on getting you that info.

Anyone have any idea where the anims came from?

Varenne, sorry I missed your post. I will work on getting you that info.

Anyone have any idea where the anims came from?

No worries, I'm neck deep into translating and figuring out the functionality of another mod.

I think the anims are original and quite possibly this mod artist or a collective work of artists. Just guessing though.

That's odd because the first time the animation ran in game I had a similar issue with the default alignment(too far forward) but easily adjusted it with the number keys and the subsequent times it was fine(unless it crashed' date=' lol).

[/quote']

Yeah the normal 1/2/3/4 work fine for alignment on most creatures (mudcrabs/bears/etc) except dogs and boars for me, they slide at a diagonal instead directly forwards/backwards, so when i line the dog/boar up to be the correct X/Y they're humping the victims leg instead of penetrating as though they've been designed on a different meridian. It is possible it's something i've done to balls it up like this though, or something I haven't done for that matter...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the normal 1/2/3/4 work fine for alignment on most creatures (mudcrabs/bears/etc) except dogs and boars for me' date=' they slide at a diagonal instead directly forwards/backwards, so when i line the dog/boar up to be the correct X/Y they're humping the victims leg instead of penetrating as though they've been designed on a different meridian. It is possible it's something i've done to balls it up like this though, or something I haven't done for that matter...

[/quote']

OK, I have been working with the animations lately and I think I know what is happening to you.

1. Is your character's size at the default scale 1.0?

2. a) Are you initiating the animations on level terrain?

B) If not, are you turning off collision during sex with the lovers spell?

If 1+2a or 1+2b are true, it should line up ok most of the time(I think). The reason for this is the knockdown animation sends your character flying in a diagonal direction, as well as orientation instead of straight back down the x-axis. The fact that you land in a diagonal orientation is the main problem here.

In nifskope/blender, with a 1.0 scale character this looks fine. But variables in game such as collision or variable scale can mess up the result. Since the adjustment keys only move actors in x/y from the starting point of the animation instead of the ending point, adjusting it makes it look like they are moving diagonally.

Probably this was not foreseen when the person made the animations in blender. Perhaps a lesson for future animations would be to make sure that, at the end, both actors are in line(in orientation, not positionally) with either the x or y axis so that players may make the adjustments in game with the number keys.

In the meantime, try a race that uses 1.0 height scale and do it on a flat surface(like in a building, or a bridge) or set collision off and let me know if it lines up better for you.

OK' date=' I have been working with the animations lately and I think I know what is happening to you.

1. Is your character's size at the default scale 1.0?

2. a) Are you initiating the animations on level terrain?

B) If not, are you turning off collision during sex with the lovers spell?

If 1+2a or 1+2b are true, it should line up ok most of the time(I think). The reason for this is the knockdown animation sends your character flying in a diagonal direction, as well as orientation instead of straight back down the x-axis. The fact that you land in a diagonal orientation is to main problem here.

In nifskope/blender, with a 1.0 scale character this looks fine. But variables in game such as collision or variable scale can mess up the result. Since the adjustment keys only move actors in x/y from the starting point of the animation instead of the ending point, adjusting it makes it look like they are moving diagonally.

Probably this was not foreseen when the person made the animations in blender. Perhaps a lesson for future animations would be to make sure that, at the end, both actors are in line(in orientation) with either the x or y axis so that players may make the adjustments in game with the number keys.

In the meantime, try a race that uses 1.0 height scale and do it on a flat surface(like in a building, or a bridge) or set collision off and let me know if it lines up better for you.

[/quote']

Hi,

Height does help the alignment seems the taller ones like nords are perfect for it, terrain level and collisions on/off was something i ran through trying to get it to work correctly myself but only character heights have any noticable effect.

Hi' date='

Height does help the alignment seems the taller ones like nords are perfect for it, terrain level and collisions on/off was something i ran through trying to get it to work correctly myself but only character heights have any noticable effect.

[/quote']

OK, glad we zeroed in on it. Useful to know for future animations. If you want to adjust it with a specific race in-game try this:

1 Hit ~ to open console

2 Click your character, it should say their name at the top

3 type "setscale" SPACE then "x" where x is a number between 0.5 and 2

4 hit enter

This will adjust the size of your character. You can even do this while the animation is running for precision adjustment. No one value will work for all base heights. For example: Nord females are 1.06 so for them x would be '1'. But my custom Bloodelves are 0.77 so for them I needed to use '1.6' as my value. ex: setscale 1.6

Restarting Oblivion.exe completely will reset it to normal. Setscale does not affect the save file(I think) so reloading a save will not set it back to default.

You can also adjust the size of the wolf/Boar by clicking it and following the same steps.

If you don't want to do this every time you run oblivion, you can also adjust the races base height with the construction set if you know how. But that is a little more complicated.

LoversSetScale are supposed to do this stuff for you. Not sure it will though.

It does not appear to be working right. I can see that the script is executing in the console but the sizes are not lining up right(char too small). I haven't really tested it extensively though. Just a few times.