[blender] no textures?

cervantes69

I don't get it ; I tried using blender today, but each time I import a TMC I don't have any textures on it.

I checked a few tutorials, but I don't see anything.

I used the latest plugins

But if during importing it will works if I ask it to extract all textures (so he can find it), it will never render them.

They are not loaded anywhere on the program, if I check on the textures / folder view, there's nothing.

Can someone help me?  it's been 3hours I'm searching without any result >_<

Try adding them manually to the meshes in question:

1. extract the appropriate texture using the Texture Tool (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod)

2. go to the Object you want to modify, in Edit mode, switch to UV Editing layout (at the top, where it says "Default", click the dropdown), select all in your 3D view screen (A), and then Load your extracted texture in the UV editing screen (at the bottom, should be a folder icon)

3. make sure your 3D render mode is set to Texture (it probably says something like Solid, at the bottom of your 3d view)

4. back in the Default view, to make visibility easier, you can set your object to Shadeless (do it in the Object properties window on the right, the icon should look like a brown box)

I'm a bit lost here ; I tried learning Blender because it looked to be more useful to add / remove / change parts of a costume, but it doesn't look to be the case...

I was able to add back the textures thanks to Zack, however I don't find a way to export the TMC itself, only the mesh...

At first I turned to Blender because the tool to add / remove meshes gave me errors, so it doesn't solve my problem here :/

What Ishida said. You export the mesh, then use the Polygon Insert Tool to replace the target mesh with your new mesh. If you just want to delete a piece, use the Polygon Tool (*not* Insert) to delete the named mesh; but, you probably will have to modify other meshes to make it look right (which you would replace with the Polygon Insert Tool).

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

My issue was not about deleting (that's easy), but inserting a meshes, with the insert tool it didn't worked, that's why I tried using blender.

What I'm currently wondering are 2 situations :

1) I want to add a piece of clothes / change a piece from a tmc from one from another tmc

2) I want to adapt a costume to another character that has not the same body form (ex: a man very muscular like Bass to a more normal one like Hayate, or changing the size of breasts of a girl)

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

My issue was not about deleting (that's easy), but inserting a meshes, with the insert tool it didn't worked, that's why I tried using blender.

What I'm currently wondering are 2 situations :

1) I want to add a piece of clothes / change a piece from a tmc from one from another tmc

2) I want to adapt a costume to another character that has not the same body form (ex: a man very muscular like Bass to a more normal one like Hayate, or changing the size of breasts of a girl)

That is so complicated and I think only few people know how to do it. We need a tool to insert a new mesh into the TMC. 

2) You would have to import the .TMC of the origin costume, then modify the origin costume to fit the destination body (you could import the .TMC of the body of the destination character to help with this), then export the .tmcmesh of the costume when you're done modifying it, and inject/replace that .tmcmesh onto a costume of the destination character. There's a body transformer tool lying around here somewhere, I've never done it myself, but it would probably work for what you're doing.

Archived