Converting bod from Skyrim to FO4

DavyJonez

I've been trying for awhile now to get a former bodyslide creation into fallout 4 with no luck. There's tutorials everywhere but I haven't found the right one. Is this even possible? It's a UNP so I get vertex mismatch and other weird issues - and although I've recreated it as much as I can I'd still like to see a direct conversion. The old .nif doesn't have feet attached so is it possible at all?

Skyrim uses a different pose then fallout 4 does so you would first have to load it into a 3d program and change the pose to fallout 4. Not sure if skyrim nifs can load into outfit studio or not. I know for skyrim's outfit studio fallout 3 and new Vegas nifs will load into outfit studio fine. The other way you could try is to first throw it into a 3d program and change the pose then export the body in .OBJ format and load that .OBJ file into fallout 4's outfit studio.

I had converted into .obj but without the pose adjusted... Will try to get that fixed before going any further... Is it possible the pose itself is responsible for certain curves? I can get the original in as a reference object and can't get it to match perfectly...

If you don't change the pose to fallout 4's pose your hands and feet will have huge gaps and be way off. For fallout 3 New Vegas oblivion and skyrim there is a tool called pose converter that can change one pose to one of the other ones. But it hasn't yet been updated to work with fallout 4. CBBE body is different then UNP so you would probably have to redo the seams so that they match. I don't have fallout 4 so I don't have much knowledge on what you would need to do to get it to work with that game.

Archived