How to convert Skyrim outfit mods to Fallout 4?

Jordick

Hello folks.

So I've been interested in converting some Skyrim outfits into Fallout 4 for some time now, and I've been trying to study how to do that on my own for couple of days now.

But so far I've only managed to convert the mesh file from Skyrim to Fallout 4, using the Caliente's Bodyslide & Outfit Studio tools. Blender or 3DSMax tools would be more safer to use, as they don't break the mesh file as the Outfit Studio does sometimes, but I gave up on those tools because I was never able to learn how to use neither of those 2 softwares. So for now I'm sticking with the Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.

As I mentioned, I've already managed to convert the mesh file from Skyrim to Fallout 4, and it fits perfectly for the FO4's CBBE body shape. I've even managed to create Bodyslide support for the outfit.

But that's where I hit the wall. There really aren't any useful tutorials out there what to do next.

I get it that I have to something to the outfit's textures, but what exactly?

I suspect I have to do something with the Nifskope.

As for the plugin, I know how to modify existing plugins, but since Skyrim plugins don't work in Fallout 4 (duh), so you would have to create new one from the scratch using the Creation Kit. Are there any useful tutorials out there how to do that?

( There are some tutorials how to add duplicate weapon to the game using the existing ones, but there aren't any tutorials how to add armor/outfit to the game from scratch.)

Thanks in advance and sorry for any inconvenience this topic might have caused.

edit. Here you can see that the mesh fits quite well for the FO4's CBBE body shape, and that at least the Outfit Studio even shows the textures properly.

C1Z13J9.png

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I have 2 problems:

- Fallout 4 Plugin

- Textures

The plugin is my main concern right now, because I obviously cannot test the textures in-game if I cannot get the game to load up the outfit first.

It's been a while since I last used the Creation Kit in Skyrim, so I've already forgotten how to create standalone plugin from the scratch.

But thanks for that link. I'll try to see if there's anything there that can help me.

Isn't FO4Edit easier to use?

Don't have any experience from that before, because I always preferred using the official plugin editor such as Creation Kit, because it creates more stable plugins (or so I've heard).

But I guess I could give the FO4Edit a try, if it truly is easier to use than Creation Kit is.

Isn't FO4Edit easier to use?

Don't have any experience from that before, because I always preferred using the official plugin editor such as Creation Kit, because it creates more stable plugins (or so I've heard).

But I guess I could give the FO4Edit a try, if it truly is easier to use than Creation Kit is.

FO4Edit is definitely easier and quicker to use for many things and it picks up errors the CK doesn't too. It allows you to work on multiple plugins at once and easily copy outfits etc from one to another, it doesn't have any graphics o course so has its limitations, but I always seem to bounce between GECK and FO4Edit fo my stuff.

Archived