Modifying nude mesh; how to modify clothing?

zackissuper

I'm modifying Helena's DLCU_29 outfit (beach hat, white shirt, bikini underneath) with HDM's nude Helena mesh; it looks like this so far:

mini_223098heltest.png

which actually loads in game. Now, I need to modify the shirt to fit over Helena's breasts. When I import in Blender, I read that I have to check "Keep Vert Order" -- unfortunately, this seems to combine everything into one Object, which makes it really hard to select *only* the shirt in order to move it.

Question: Is there any way to preserve the separation of shirt and body in Blender?

Thanks!

Nice questions. 

Maybe, in a not too distant future, can we may add single clothes with AutoLink.

Something like this:

Marie.FACE.TMC

Marie.FACE.TMCL

Marie.HAIR.TMC

Marie.HAIR.TMCL

Marie.BODY.TMC

Marie.BODY.TMCL

Marie.HAT.TMC

Marie.HAT.TMLC

Marie.SHIRT.TMC

Marie.SHIRT.TMCL

Marie.PANTS.TMC

Marie.PANTS.TMCL

Marie.SHOES.TMC

Marie.SHOES.TMCL

Marie.ACCESSORY.TMC

MArie.ACCESSORY.TMCL

Marie.PARADISE.MOTION.CSV

Marie.PARADISE.CAMERA.CSV
Marie.PARADISE.STAGE.LINK

In blender you can select just only 1 mesh, ex. t-shirt or body, you see all component of TMC in the right column. Or you Can extract The TMC mesh of t-shirt and open only it in blender.

I'm not very good in explanation in english so if you have more questione try to read the good guide you can find in this forum

You can keep some of the original body (especially the part causing clipping) and merge it with your nude body. Never use join in blender, your body will be corrupted. Keep the part you want using Harry Palmer's method (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59983-doa5lr-body-mesh-editing-tips/) After that add with polygon insert tool your naked body. Merge the two bodies if it needed.

It's hard to explain, download my beach pack and see what I do for this outfit

I was able to delete a lot of the vertices underneath the bikini and get the edges to match up, but since I can't join the vertexes, it still causes problems in-game with animation. I read somewhere about assigning weights to things, but that information seems to get lost if you import with "Keep Vert Order". Am I missing a tool somewhere?

Archived