Change race and body size

Does anyone know how to change the race and body size of a character, but preserving all other settings like face/body shape, hair, etc? My class is Nord, and for some reason my character's body size is around 10-20% larger than other females in the world, which makes it look very odd. I want to change it to Imperial, but preserving exactly how she looks like and shrink the body by around 10-20% but keeping the same weight, is this possible?

In the console: setscale or player.setscale then a space then a number. I made a fairy by setting it to .70 slighty smaller than a child. I would have gone smaller, but I had trouble seeing my character in third person. I believe 1.20 is the tallest normal character. So setscale .98 or player.setscale .98 and see if you like that. fiddeling with the scale preserves the weight slider, you get to keep your race, and if you save you only have to do it once. At least I haven't had to reapply it. make sure you type the second digit after the decimal point even if it is a zero. like .80 rather than .8 the game uses the extra digit for something.

I think .09 is just barely visible above floor level, anything smaller and your perspective is actually below the floor. If you go below .70 the third person camera will give you trouble. I adjusting the field of view angle, I just couldn't see my character close up properly in game. fov angle 65 is what I use. I think that is the default. I can't remember.

remember the shorter you are the weaker you hit and the slower you are when walking and running. I am not sure about sprinting.

Thank you, the setscale worked, I used 0.95 and now it's roughly same size as NPCs. I'm not sure why the body size suddenly got oversized as I never used that command before. Oh well.

Is there another console command for forcing a race change? I just like imperials for some reason lol, not a fan of nords.

• 5 months later...

Thank you, the setscale worked, I used 0.95 and now it's roughly same size as NPCs. I'm not sure why the body size suddenly got oversized as I never used that command before. Oh well.
Is there another console command for forcing a race change? I just like imperials for some reason lol, not a fan of nords.

zoom out open console click your player and type setrace whatever race hit enter

Archived