Save files 'issue'

deekaycy

Hello everyone. I named the topic 'issue' because i'm not sure if this is how my saves should work. Maybe i am doing something wrong. (sorry if this is addressed somewhere else! please post me a link to it so i can read it in case i missed it)

Firstly,I checked my saves and my mods. Everything works fine except some cleaning needing to be done through the TES5Edit. LOOT suggested that at least but i haven't messed with that yet. I don't think that's the issue anyway.

Here's my 'issue' . Whenever i load a relatively early save of my game, Skyrim works fine. But when i try loading directly my latest save, it never loads. OR i am impatient and don't wait a minute or two for it to load.. Maybe i should wait, not sure. I worry too much for the 'infinite loading screen' that i don't want to wait.

BUT! whenever i load a previous save first, and THEN go to my latest save, the game loads the latest save just fine. (latest save is 5574.66kb. just doing a bit of quests and progressing a few basic things for now)

So.. is this how it's supposed to work? I need to do this every time? Loading an earlier save and then my actual save?

As i said.. not a real 'issue' just a weird thing that maybe is caused from an error of mine. I also use ENB-boost. Please ask me if more info is needed, i will gladly provide any!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, looking forward to your reply

I have the fixes active, the 'issue' persists. No matter if it's a clean game or if I modded it in the middle of a playthrough.

There's just another thread about that topic.

I have to load an early save first, too, and from there go to my recent savegame. Once loaded, I can load everything from there just fine.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but I assume that it has something to do with what the game needs to load on startup. Seems it doesn't like to load trillions of active scripts right away. :D

Like I said before, it may not be the perfect solution, but starting up the game on an early/clean whatever working save and then loading the current one works - and as long as the game runs stable after that, I don't care at all. It's a matter of 20 seconds, not more.

It's an old and well known problem that comes about with mods and script loading. Just keep a save game made at the beginning (LAL start cell is good) and load that first then your main game.

You can go into console and save a start game with any name you like so you can see it easily and not accidentally overwrite it.

Do you have ''Safety Load'' and SKSE memory patch? Also ''Enboost'' and ''Crash Fixes'' can help.

ENboost . Check. 

As of the others, i don't have them but i will install them in a few seconds.. Though my issue is not having any crashes, the game playes just fine.. just wondered about that load sequence(loading early save then the actual save) 

But truly thank you for your info.. all of you thanks. :)

Archived