Fo4Edit Guru needed for help with my mod, please! (it's not a sexy mod)

(Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place) Okay, so I'm trying to create a Settler Overhaul mod, I chose The New Settlers as my template since it added the most settlers while not being dependent on other mods. There's 26 npc records which are shared between Fallout.esm and TNS and I'm able to change those without a problem, however, the other 60% of TNS' npcs do not show up in the game. As far as I can tell, there isn't anything wrong with the files because if I take some of those and overwrite them on top of the initial ones, then they show up.  It makes me think that there's no way to have more than 26 custom settlers... except that I see mods from people that have more than that.

tl;dr Fo4edit is giving me refid's for settlers that I cannot spawn in game. Pretty much every time I reopen Fo4edit those id #'s change slightly. I can't figure out how to make them static and I'm hoping someone can clue me in.

I contacted the mod author of the New Settlers for help as well, I'm just trying to cast a wide net. Thanks.

(Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place) Okay, so I'm trying to create a Settler Overhaul mod, I chose The New Settlers as my template since it added the most settlers while not being dependent on other mods. There's 26 npc records which are shared between Fallout.esm and TNS and I'm able to change those without a problem, however, the other 60% of TNS' npcs do not show up in the game. As far as I can tell, there isn't anything wrong with the files because if I take some of those and overwrite them on top of the initial ones, then they show up.  It makes me think that there's no way to have more than 26 custom settlers... except that I see mods from people that have more than that.

tl;dr Fo4edit is giving me refid's for settlers that I cannot spawn in game. Pretty much every time I reopen Fo4edit those id #'s change slightly. I can't figure out how to make them static and I'm hoping someone can clue me in.

I contacted the mod author of the New Settlers for help as well, I'm just trying to cast a wide net. Thanks.

Theres a bunch of LevelledNPC lists called Farmers1-9 and Guards1-2 make sure your add your new settlers to them, though perhaps 26 ix two many and you should create 2 or 3 new NPC levelled list like Male and Female and call them from the original LeveledNPC list.

Also I got a CTD on game launch when I tried changing the FemaleGhoulFarmer09 to Human Race and voice.

Theres a bunch of LevelledNPC lists called Farmers1-9 and Guards1-2 make sure your add your new settlers to them, though perhaps 26 ix two many and you should create 2 or 3 new NPC levelled list like Male and Female and call them from the original LeveledNPC list.

Also I got a CTD on game launch when I tried changing the FemaleGhoulFarmer09 to Human Race and voice.

Thank you for the response!  I definitely completely ignored the CharLists (Ha, I was wondering what that was in there for).  As for the formid numbers changing, that's apparently because the first two numbers change depending on your load order.

God, it took me over an hour of randomly clicking on things to figure out how to add a leveled entry.  My modding future is bleak.  As long as I can make this one, I think I can retire happily.

Oh no, I was hoping the ghouls would've been easy to replace.

They are easy to replace, just remove them from the LevelledNPC lists in your esp and no more ghoul settlers unless they already exist in game.

Ah okay, I was thinking that just changing them from the ghoul race to human as well as changing the voices could do it.

They are easy to replace, just remove them from the LevelledNPC lists in your esp and no more ghoul settlers unless they already exist in game.

Ah okay, I was thinking that just changing them from the ghoul race to human as well as changing the voices could do it.

That's exactly what I tried that caused CTD on Game startup, just Race and Voice swap, took me a couples of hours of trial and error to narrow it down to that simple change.

Archived