[WIP] Slavers Rule the World

Strec

Hi.

Just a little post to announce the start of dev of a future slavery mod for Fallout 4.

The background and gameplay are known and almost complete but the coding is just starting. As I come from Oblivion/FO3-NV coding it will be longer because if I have no problem with Papyrus language I don't master the interfacing points like new quest and alias system.

What is the general idea of the mod?

It will be a slavery mod so you will be a slaver and will force NPCs to do things for you as slaves.

What will be the requirements?

The mod will ask for FO4SE and all DLC

Will you have a console version or permit a port to console?

No, and no.

Have you some rules to enforce stability and compatibility of your mod?

As a real dev I have some rules like :

Never modify a base script if I can do anything else. An object oriented language is perfect for this.

Package all scripts and never have loose ones. Encapsulation is essential.

Change the existing world the less as possible, working only with additions.

Note : if you have mods which don't respect the 2 first rules, flee and remove them, you WILL have conflicts and incompatibilities. 

Have you an ETA for a first stable version?

Yes, when it's done. Seriously, will principally depend on a stable Creation Kit and an elaborated version of FO4SE. And, of course, on the number of modders who will join the project, as everybody knows, if 1 man needs 10 days to swim for 100 kms, 10 men will do that in 1 day.

What sort of help do you need?

Why limit to some parts?

Will be you mod a framework?

Yes, and no. I'll product a core .esm containing shareable and essential datas and one or more than one .esp based on the core. So SRW will be modular. If I do a starter quest that you don't like, do you own starter mod in replacement. If for example the goal is to be finaly a master slaver  with rank 4, do what you want to give player this rank and you will have the other mods waiting you to have this rank.

What will you work first on? In which order?

Basic shared datas

Basic NPCs management once enslaved, basically making them settlers

Enslavement methods and tools

Other tools for moving slaves easily

Slaver's HQ

Slave production (genetic manipulation to produce new slaves)

Gameplay/Roleplay (quests)

Feature additions

Will this FAQ grow?

Perhaps.

Is your coding better than your english speaking?

Yes.

Thanks for reading and good play. 

20 hours ago, Grine said:

Is there any particular reason why you are requiring all DLCs? That creates unnecessary burden unless you absolutely need them.

I myself am making a slave town and will restrict it to only 2 DLC requirements as I dont need all of them.

There are no reason but to have the less problems and pressure as possible in a final time, considering that when this mod will be finished (it will be a long and hard work even if I can have help and share of the work) the experience I have show that everybody will have the GOY complete edition half the price we did pay the game himself default_tongue.png

For now, I only work with Fallout.esm (even without FO4SE) but don't want to be blocked by any limitation. For example I don't want to rediscover and dev myself something Betesda may eventually integrate themselve in next DLCs.

Note that in the core I will do anything as possible with only vanilla items but can't be sure at 100%.

In case of collaborative work I will have no problem to privatly share the core while dev if my mind restrictions are not overpassed and if I agree to respect the other modders ones.

For now the only one restriction I have is to be respectful or major international laws and (if not included in these laws) never permit sexual oriented interaction with any children even if they are virtual. 

On 04/07/2016 at 5:34 PM, Strec said:

Basic NPCs management once enslaved, basically making them settlers (core)

It's important to notice that every NPC to be added to a settlement must have the "WorkshopNPCScript" on them or you won't be able to add them, so you can't just add any generic raider in a settlement... once again an awesome limitation from bethesda.

We would need a papyrus function to add and remove a scriptObject dynamically on a NPC by script (which is possible since there is a console command to add a script, did not test it though) If such a function already exist please do let me know but I don't think so.

Or bethesda will maybe offer alternatives to add any NPC, maybe with Vault-tec dlc? I'm guessing not.

Good luck with this project.

My mods:

Defeat - Death is overrated, Defeat adds some interesting alternatives to it... (Last update v5.3.4, 19 May 2016)  

SexLab Tools - Offers some more tools to manipulate SexLab sex scenes and more. (Last update v3.0, 23 september 2015)

Technically :

I know that and it will be a major incompatibility between most mods, each replacing WorkshopNPCScript with it's own one. If no other solution when I'll start this feature I'll do that to in an external mod but it is not satisfactory for me. It's why I hope Bethesda will change that (doubt....) or FO4SE will permit script adding on NPCs, at least.

Other thoughts :

It seems that since Skyrim the only thing interesting Bethesda is money received by enlarging game support to console. To have on console at least an almost as good RPG/Sandbox game than on a PC they have no choice to limit the game to what is supported on console (cry on the UI and specifically the dialog UI...). It will be worst and worst for every game and DLC so I doubt they add a functionnality principally for PC modders...

As an old gen modder, seeking interest of gameplay more the masturbating in front of beautiful screen paints of nudity or combat, it is THE main reason why I'll don't permit any port on console of the mod of any part of it, in some form of reaction.

Technically :

I know that and it will be a major incompatibility between most mods, each replacing WorkshopNPCScript with it's own one. If no other solution when I'll start this feature I'll do that to in an external mod but it is not satisfactory for me. It's why I hope Bethesda will change that (doubt....) or FO4SE will permit script adding on NPCs, at least.

Other thoughts :

It seems that since Skyrim the only thing interesting Bethesda is money received by enlarging game support to console. To have on console at least an almost as good RPG/Sandbox game than on a PC they have no choice to limit the game to what is supported on console (cry on the UI and specifically the dialog UI...). It will be worst and worst for every game and DLC so I doubt they add a functionnality principally for PC modders...

As an old gen modder, seeking interest of gameplay more the masturbating in front of beautiful screen paints of nudity or combat, it is THE main reason why I'll don't permit any port on console of the mod of any part of it, in some form of reaction.

It was talked that instead of adding the real NPC to your settlement. We could add a copy of the NPC with same face and voice to avoid compatibility problems.

It was talked that instead of adding the real NPC to your settlement. We could add a copy of the NPC with same face and voice to avoid compatibility problems.

Yes, cloning generic NPCs is a potential solution (note that it will be the one used for slaves creation by genetics) and it is the easiest part to do, I'll perhaps do that when the functions permitting to clone a face will be here.

But it can't work for unique NPCs. A clone of any unique NPCs won't be the NPC itself and won't have its quests for example.

Yes, cloning generic NPCs is a potential solution (note that it will be the one used for slaves creation by genetics) and it is the easiest part to do, I'll perhaps do that when the functions permitting to clone a face will be here.

But it can't work for unique NPCs. A clone of any unique NPCs won't be the NPC itself and won't have its quests for example.

It's really a problem though for me I'll try not to enslave those improtant NPCs untill they are not that important

May be first change them into a follower will be easier?

• 1 month later...

Complete developpement will be done on LoversLab, because finallity is an adult/sexual mod.

Base non sexual version delivery will be on Nexus. Sexual adds will evidently delivered on LoversLab.

Looking for serious alpha testers ( 3 max with one able to look at my english texts in game  :sleepy:   ).

Looking for all mesher or interior makers.

Looking for an efficient version of F4SE and Creation Kit :D

Archived