Removing lings did not solve head body mismatch. Any Idea why this is happening?

Gothfather

I am getting horrible mismatches with my bodies and heads in the game.

Before you jump to conclusions both my .ini files (fallout.ini & falloutprefs.ini) were changed to...

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

Yet it scresly has made a difference.

I have notice this with the following body replacers/custom races...

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44312

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45445

Does anyone know why I am getting this issue? Have i missed a step with the changing of my .ini files? Was there something else I was suppose to do?

I have uses the textures supplied by the modders in both cases.

/snip as i just dropped all mods that required lings.

Ok removing lings still hasn't fixed the issue. I started a new game with lings .esp, .esm and .bsa files deleted and with mikotobeauty pack added. I am still getting a terrible mismatch between the body and head. And I still have the correct command in the .ini files...

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

This is rather frustrating as I can't understand why this is happening.

post some pics of the issue.

Here are two NPCs one with darker skin one with paler skin you can see how both have a mismatch. In Oblivion and skyrim i was able to get a nicer match. Granted i know there can be a seem with the neck but its clear the clours are different in the pics between body and head.

Do i need to find better textures or something to remove this issue?

Here are two NPCs one with darker skin one with paler skin you can see how both have a mismatch. In Oblivion and skyrim i was able to get a nicer match. Granted i know there can be a seem with the neck but its clear the clours are different in the pics between body and head.

I had the exact same problem. It's something to do with Lings Pretty Things. No matter what texture combination I used, it was the same problem.

I ended up dumping Lings. I didn't like the changes enough to dig any deeper. :P

I had the exact same problem. It's something to do with Lings Pretty Things. No matter what texture combination I used' date=' it was the same problem.

I ended up dumping Lings. I didn't like the changes enough to dig any deeper. :P

[/quote']

OH CRAP. Ok so is there an alternative to lings? I want decent hairs and for the npcs to use them. I want pretty female npcs.

I use Mikoto's.

ok i could find no mods that under the name Mikoto either as the author or the uploader, at the nexus and I used Mikoto as search here as a username and as mikoto as a title search for threads under downloads, the results were nothing.

So is this mod called something else but people just refer to it as mikoto? Or has it been removed from the nexus like Ling's and I have to aquire it else where?

We are not talking about the seam, I know you are going to see a seam with the engine. But look at the screenshot that head is darker than the body.

The textures i am using for npcs (the textures for my character are via a custom race) are from type3f. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45445

So they shouldn't be mismatched, and using a texture viewer to look at them, they look similar.

Oh and thanks for trying to help me out with this chaps.

The head does not just have a base texture, it also has a ton of overlays for all those texture sliders in the character creator. I know from Oblivion that those sliders can seriously alter face skin tone (especially the beard ones) and cause color mismatches between head and body. I didn't play with those settings a lot in NV, since I don't have the GECK installed and the ingame character creator never catches your characters ingame appearance properly anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same effect from Oblivion would be true for NV.

Archived