The Coceter Chronicles (RPGMaker)

Nverjos

I really like the 0.3 update.

I like what you have so far.  While not toooo much was added this update I liked what you did add. While I didn't sleep with the Aclurian, it was nice to see the scene the load back so I can choose differently. Personally i'm not into chicks with dicks, but it's sure to please many. Also a little to early for me to want Tabitha to want vaginal intercourse but that's a personal choice, since I'm RPing her less a slut than others might.

The human world scene seemed a little over the top, but still plausible. Shirts open, must be a slut. Some dudes are like that sadly. My initial thoughts would be sexual assault, and her scream probably scared the attacker away.

I think you have done a great job at pacing things so far. Curious how things change in the human world, or even with Tabatha's new body... since there might be side effects.

Keep up the good work!

i manage top get it (still i recommend using Mega too)

well, well, great game , i enjoyed alots of things in here...

- the multiple "act" that happen everywhere all the time (loved the guard commander scene and the alclurian scene too, also the "small" scene with the running boy/cook helper (forget his name)

- the different characters (damn i love dat aclurian ^^)

- the "fake" end (haha nice find)

- the story look very interresting, i m curious to see the rest

- the spoiler lady (also when she interrupt inportant things lol)

if i can also here some request/suggest/idea about things

- adding more "fake" end for next update with different characters (damn dude, this idea is great ^^, i love the interaction of the wall)

- adding an option to allow to stay or pass teh video (like we can watch the video on loop and then just clic to pass. and not get the video just stop by itself after some time)

but in general its an great game. i will check if i can patreon soon (i have trouble with this system and my bank actually, shitty bank -_- ). cant wait to see the next, your game is very promissing and great , i m fucking serious..

damn i want more from the aclurian women XD (i m not fan of futa but that ... the scene is well created)

I really like the 0.3 update.

I like what you have so far.  While not toooo much was added this update I liked what you did add. While I didn't sleep with the Aclurian, it was nice to see the scene the load back so I can choose differently. Personally i'm not into chicks with dicks, but it's sure to please many. Also a little to early for me to want Tabitha to want vaginal intercourse but that's a personal choice, since I'm RPing her less a slut than others might.

The human world scene seemed a little over the top, but still plausible. Shirts open, must be a slut. Some dudes are like that sadly. My initial thoughts would be sexual assault, and her scream probably scared the attacker away.

I think you have done a great job at pacing things so far. Curious how things change in the human world, or even with Tabatha's new body... since there might be side effects.

Keep up the good work!

I'm actually rewriting the human world scene for the next update with Eric mentioning his belief that it was an assault, to contradict his sisters idea that she was some hooker. Rewriting a few scenes actually.

i manage top get it (still i recommend using Mega too)

well, well, great game , i enjoyed alots of things in here...

- the multiple "act" that happen everywhere all the time (loved the guard commander scene and the alclurian scene too, also the "small" scene with the running boy/cook helper (forget his name)

- the different characters (damn i love dat aclurian ^^)

- the "fake" end (haha nice find)

- the story look very interresting, i m curious to see the rest

- the spoiler lady (also when she interrupt inportant things lol)

if i can also here some request/suggest/idea about things

- adding more "fake" end for next update with different characters (damn dude, this idea is great ^^, i love the interaction of the wall)

- adding an option to allow to stay or pass teh video (like we can watch the video on loop and then just clic to pass. and not get the video just stop by itself after some time)

but in general its an great game. i will check if i can patreon soon (i have trouble with this system and my bank actually, shitty bank -_- ). cant wait to see the next, your game is very promissing and great , i m fucking serious..

damn i want more from the aclurian women XD (i m not fan of futa but that ... the scene is well created)

There is a Replay option in place for the next update for the movies/animations. Next update will also be uploaded to a few more sources, the number of downloads surpassed my expectations and both mediafire and dropbox halted my files due to it.

Couple of things that I noticed playing the 03b version

After the "The First Taste" scene, you can return to the Larder and Avren is still at the table, but you can't even talk to him
Rest of the times the Larder is closed untill the "Larder Peeping" scene

Another thing I noticed is with the "Aclurian Love" scene is that the sex scene, Fucked(Vaginal) - Possible +1, doesn't add up in the Statistics->Sex Stats, it still says 0 - Fucked(Vaginal), same goes for the Cocks Sucked stats from that scene

Nothing game breaking though, so it's all good :)

I don't know how many times I've replayed this game (at least 30) temperament begins at 50% not sure which way it needs to go (up or down) or what it actually does but it's only gone to 49% and no idea what caused that. I've played her prim and proper and completely slutty (furthest I could get her was 22% sluttiness) and everything in between. Other then the Princess I'm not aware of any penetration sexytime scenes with anyone other then the Alucar in the bath<--wrong spelling I know :) I don't have the game open atm. I don't want to say too much in case there are those that have not gotten that far. so far the Princess, Prince, the Alucar and Boar and whatshisname from the mine are all I've seen all fairly tame except for the Alucar. Have I missed anything of note?

Anyway like I said I've played it through about 30 times (It's that good) ;) very well written in such a way that keeps you coming back. waiting "Almost" patiently for the next update. Awesome job on this.

after the cave scene with boar and other guy.. go in the building with the two red flag and go say "thanks" to the captain.. nice scene there :D

I don't know how many times I've replayed this game (at least 30) temperament begins at 50% not sure which way it needs to go (up or down) or what it actually does but it's only gone to 49% and no idea what caused that. I've played her prim and proper and completely slutty (furthest I could get her was 22% sluttiness) and everything in between. Other then the Princess I'm not aware of any penetration sexytime scenes with anyone other then the Alucar in the bath<--wrong spelling I know :) I don't have the game open atm. I don't want to say too much in case there are those that have not gotten that far. so far the Princess, Prince, the Alucar and Boar and whatshisname from the mine are all I've seen all fairly tame except for the Alucar. Have I missed anything of note?

Anyway like I said I've played it through about 30 times (It's that good) ;) very well written in such a way that keeps you coming back. waiting "Almost" patiently for the next update. Awesome job on this.

Temperament is a measure of Tabitha's "nature" so to speak. In this particular case it's how submissive or dominant she is. Currently there is no real difference between a submissive or dominant Tabitha, nor much difference in a slutty Tabitha vs a naive Tabitha. Chapter 1 is all about setting up her personality to your play style of choice. The Temperament and Sluttyness scores won't affect much till partway through chapter 2.

Also, there is a Scene Guide in the Extras folder that will help in finding all the various scenes. Currently there are six optional scenes that can be missed without exploration. Avren in the Cellar (and the tasty treats as a result), Captain Pritlyn in the Guardhouse(requires sluttyness of at least 3), Tabitha Masturbating(requires astal nip, or liking avrens cum), Fiora and Sage in the Larder, Astal's nip slip in the study and peeping on the princes bath. Of course this isn't counting the hidden Fourth Wall breaks.

Couple of things that I noticed playing the 03b version

After the "The First Taste" scene, you can return to the Larder and Avren is still at the table, but you can't even talk to him

Rest of the times the Larder is closed untill the "Larder Peeping" scene

Another thing I noticed is with the "Aclurian Love" scene is that the sex scene, Fucked(Vaginal) - Possible +1, doesn't add up in the Statistics->Sex Stats, it still says 0 - Fucked(Vaginal), same goes for the Cocks Sucked stats from that scene

Nothing game breaking though, so it's all good :)

Thanks, I'll make sure those stats get tracked properly in that scene for next update.

Just downloaded this to give it a try -- it's really quite interesting so far.  I'm looking forward to seeing where it might go -- my personal hopes are for a true love path with Lily, but I'll definitely follow wherever the story goes.

​
I wanted to mention a problem with the Mac version, and how to fix it.  It seems like there's a known bug in RPG Maker MV that, when compiling the game for Mac, can sometimes get the permissions wrong, so the game can't be played.  I managed to find the solution on the RPG Maker forums.  If any other Mac users have the same problem, start up Terminal, go to the folder the Game file is in (named Coceter by default), and enter these commands:

chmod +x Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper\ EH.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper\ EH
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper\ NP.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper\ NP

That should get the permissions set right so the game can actually run.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nverjos,

is there a way to support you with PaySafe Card for example?

I really like the game and would love to donate you, but i can't use my paypal or credit card for that, because some family members use them too.

Anyway, really impressive work, most intriguing game on patreon  for me so far!

Hi Nverjos,

I really like the game and would love to donate you, but i can't use my paypal or credit card for that, because some family members use them too.

Patreon just started allowing for donations through PayPal, not sure if that helps in this particular case or not. I don't have any other means of accepting donations though outside of Patreon (at the moment anyways).

On a side note, I've released version .04 to Patrons a couple days ago. Will release the public version in a few days.

Hi Nverjos,

Patreon just started allowing for donations through PayPal, not sure if that helps in this particular case or not. I don't have any other means of accepting donations though outside of Patreon (at the moment anyways).

On a side note, I've released version .04 to Patrons a couple days ago. Will release the public version in a few days.

Awesome!

I'll look forward to it :)

The Coceter Chronicles has been updated to version .04,  the downloads can be found on my Patreon page.

A lot has changed behind the scenes and new game will be required.

ChangeLog

-Lowered Game size by roughly 550 megabytes.

BugFixes
-Fixed 2 slides in the TalerTabi Scene that didn't display correctly.
-Fixed Choices in Thug scene not tracking properly
-Fixed several instances where Lore items could not be reused
-Fixed some dialogue inconsistancy with Mavarn.
-Fixed a few more typos
-Fixed Choices in Yusara/Tabi scene not tracking properly
-Fixed leaving Padrones workshop before trying on the clothes breaking the Main Quest.
-The Futa/TG toggle now works
-Corrected a couple testing flags being set on entering the human world
-Fixed Tabi's bust staying on screen on entering the castle day 3.
-Fixed an infinite temperament bug with yusara on day 3.
-Fixed being able to enter a slums house with no way out (shouldn't have been able to enter it)
-Fixed TG saying it was "on" when it was really "off"
-Fixed maps not being explorable at end game.

Changes
-The Castle (Completely redone)
-There is now only 1 conversation bust per actor, this was done to lower the overall file size of the game.
-All conversatin bust have been remade
-Flavor text for the guards in the castle has been redone. (They may be plotting something)
-Added animation/movie to the Sage Fiora peep scene
-Dialogue changes to the Finding Avren Side Quest
-Dialogue changes to the final scene of Chapter 1
-The peephole events have been modified slightly
-Maddy had a slight makeover
-Ulcoc had a makeover
-Padrone had a makeover and got a new avatar
-Astal had her clothes changed... sorta.
-Keegan had a slight makeover
-Redid the Caught Naked slides with Keegan
-Redid the Astal Nipslip slides
-Moved a couple lore items to new positions in the town.
-Removed the Tabi/Sage peeping scene (Just wasn't happy with it.)
-Dialogue changes when talking to Sgt Brooks.
-Dialogue changes with Lily after returning from Master Padrone.
-Removed the Screen Tint on day 2 after leaving Padrones (that could strain the eyes something fierce.)
-Added 1 frame to each animation that should smooth them out for those that toggle Movies off.

Additions
-Added a Skip Scene option to the game
-Added a replay option to all movies/animations
-Added a new Quest Journal
-Sgt Brooke has a conversation bust now.
-Avren has a conversation bust now
-Keegan has a conversation bust now
-Added Keena (Keegans sister)
-Alternate scene in the bath when TG content is turned off.
-Tabitha has various thoughts on the various rooms in the castle on the first time approached.
-Tabitha can now overhear a part of a conversation between the King and Yusara.
-New scenes available on day 2 (Hint - Maddy's got a bedroom now)
-New backdrops, Fiora's room, Castle Hall Intersection, brothel room, Maddy's Room

Patron Version Additions
-Tabitha's bed has a new option available on Night 2/Day 3
-Added a new peep scene on day 2 in town.
-Added a sort of scavanger hunt mini quest.

I'll play tonight and edit in my comments.

Bug:

I'm getting an error. When you spam click enter to get through text (like when you seen it 7 times now) you can get this error when you click Enter after the last of the text. Specifically I get this when reading the message board asking for panties, also at the lore book in Astal's room. I think this happens in more spots than I listed.

It says "Failed to load: img/pictures/tabimaid_t_neutral.png"

As such I'll have to review the rest tomorrow. I keep hitting this error and ran out of time. Think I would slow down and save more... but nope, I'm an idiot hehe.

This error: "Failed to load: img/pictures/tabimaid_t_neutral.png" means I missed a couple spots that were using the old bust system. I switched over to a new one, during this last update. From looking at it, it's only on the second time you activate those spots. I've corrected those two, for next update, if you find more let me know.

I lost my beta tester during this last update, my buddies wife didn't like him playing adult games... As such I had to do the majority of testing myself. As the creator it's hard to test, as I know when to go to which place and what variables are needed for x/y/z. It's hard to think from an unknown perspective and figure out what folks will or wont attempt doing when playing. As in the case of this error. I checked each lore item, saw it working on the first attempt and moved on, didn't attempt to to check it two or three times.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to leave my comments.

• I liked the features you added to speed through previous content.  It helps when you have played it a ton.
  • Giving lesser important characters their own images gives a VERY nice polish to things. I know it slows development but it makes the game feel so much richer. Adventures of Tara has a ton of NPCs using stock images and it cheapens it.
  • The rewrite to the human world feels in character this time, its a very good addition.
  • The new castle map feels a little large but I might be biased since I played with the smaller on first. It feels more authentic but the longer travel time is a slight buzz kill.
  • Confusion about Maddie bath conversation. She is 130, but doesn't know about how birth lines work? That is pretty old to not learn... Seems forced to make her feel young.

I await the human realm! =)

I forgot to leave my comments.

• Confusion about Maddie bath conversation. She is 130, but doesn't know about how birth lines work? That is pretty old to not learn... Seems forced to make her feel young.

I await the human realm! =)

I might have wrote it poorly, or you misread it, or I miss-marked who was speaking. Maddy is much older than 130 though, she's older than Tabi who is 211. The character in that conversation who is still learning is Keana, the Feyling girl.

That sounds right, think i stated the wrong name. Still, Keana is over 100 years old I thought but she hasn't learned how her race transitions into puberty? Not a huge deal, maybe her parents just want to keep her in the dark, keeping her a child as long as they can.

It's not a huge deal, I can easily rationalize it. Keep up the good work!

• 3 months later...

I can only recommend this game because of the choices it provides! The things you do or don't do actually have a reasonable effect on the game. While it does have a storyline you have to follow, it feels like you can do the things you HAVE to do the way you LIKE them to do. It adds an incredible amount of replay value just to go back and see how things change when you do certain things different. Feels a bit like playing one of goblinboy's aif games. Exploring the game world actually feels rewarding, since there are quite a few things to discover that either expand the lore or open up additional scenes. Storytelling and characterisation is really well done if you consider the context of an adult rpg.

Speaking of lore  - there's a good portion of backstory provided that really helps to create a uniquee atmosphere but you don't have to "endure" it if you don't want to. You always have the option to skip out at any point.

The scene skipping feature should be added to any rpg maker game if you ask me, It makes replaying to a certain point a LOT easier. You can even make the choices available during a scene in some kind of summurized form so you want miss out on anything later.

The models are fantastic. It's almost uncommon these days that women have normal sized or smaller breasts. There are large ones as well but they are not totally oversized. It's a welcome change from the standard if you ask me.

Another thing I really like about this game is the total absense of combat so far. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy these round based combat mechanics in adult games but it felt great to concentrate on the story for once.

If you need an argument to play the latest paetron version then I think the addiotional content for just 1$ is really worth it.

EDIT: I'd really like to know abot the socalled fourth wall break that is apparently hidden. Maybe someone can enlighten me in a spoiler. 

EDIT: I'd really like to know abot the socalled fourth wall break that is apparently hidden. Maybe someone can enlighten me in a spoiler. 

There's someone - a guard, perhaps, maybe someone else - in the corridor near the baths towards the start of the game that tells the PC something or other that is meta to the game.  I don't even recall the circumstances since its been a while, but it was just an amusing incident.  It's no biggie.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to inform everyone that I've updated the latest version to .06 for Patrons. The new version contains a complete overhaul of Chapter 1 of the game using new assets, models and textures that I was able to acquire thanks to support of my patrons.

The public build of version .06 will go live on February 8th, 2017.

Things to look forward too in the new release:

• -The game was rebuilt from scratch, so everything has changed in some small manner, from the introduction scene all the way to the portal scene at the end.
  • -More story! The story was revamped, revealing more background while hiding some things that felt too blatant, and made Tabitha feel a little too dumb for not realizing.
  • -Several new scenes and previous scenes were redone and extended. There is now over 400 Slides, 90% of them new, with 50 animations. 
  • -Arousal System: Tabitha now gains arousal as you play and explore. High arousal will allow her explore new options in some scenes and fantasize during others. This system allows those who want to play the non-slooty route to still have some new experiences, and those who do play the slooty route to enjoy even more.
  • -New parallax maps, add much needed detail to the little 2D world.
  • -Daily mini scenes. These are very small events (typically 1 to 3 slides) that affect Tabitha's various attributes. Each daily event is random in terms of what you'll see.

The Patron version also has unique scenes and quest not available in the public release.

You get the Patron Edition now by supporting me on Patreon.

New Parallax Maps providing more world detail in v.06

CCmap_zpsdzohrwou.jpg

Updated Characters and Story Scenes

update6news_zpslzxn3scq.jpg

The arousal based fantasy is an AMAZING idea. It gives the player the ability to see the goods yet RP being a non slut. I don't know how this hasn't been done before. +100 points

PoV Overhaul... Obviously this is just speculation since I can't afford to donate, but I find this odd. We are playing the women the PoV should be from her position LOL. Are all the sex scenes exclusively in the new version PoV? Personally I'm not a fan of 100% PoV, I like a mixture of shots. 

Overall I like what I see here and will try it out when you release it to the public. =).

The arousal based fantasy is an AMAZING idea. It gives the player the ability to see the goods yet RP being a non slut. I don't know how this hasn't been done before. +100 points

PoV Overhaul... Obviously this is just speculation since I can't afford to donate, but I find this odd. We are playing the women the PoV should be from her position LOL. Are all the sex scenes exclusively in the new version PoV? Personally I'm not a fan of 100% PoV, I like a mixture of shots. 

Overall I like what I see here and will try it out when you release it to the public. =).

That was my idea behind the arousal system, give non slut players a little more to look at, as the game scenes felt lacking during that route.

The PoV's can be from her eyes or the partner depending on the scene. But there is still the regular Scene view as well. I can't remember if the PoV system was in the last public release, it's been in the Patron version awhile now. The animations now offer choices and last till you click to continue.

• 2 weeks later...

The Public Release has been updated to Version .06. This is a complete overhaul of Chapter 1 starting from Introduction scene to Tabitha entering the human world. The change log is far too big to post, so here is some of the changes from the old version .04 public release.

• -New Animation system: You can now switch between Scene View and PoV in most scenes during animations. Animations now come in two flavors, the old Slideshow method and GIF. GIF is default, however some older rigs may not be able to run them, and you can switch to Slideshow in the "Story Options Menu"
  • -New Guidance Ring system: Main Quest Objectives, Side Quest, Lore and Daily Events are now clearly marked with their own colorful designated rings.
  • -New Parallax Maps for greater world detail
  • -New Arousal System: Tabitha now gains arousal as you play which can unlock new scenes and options.
  • -Arousal Fantasies: Peep scenes can now lead to Tabitha having fantasies of her own during them.
  • -New Scenes and Characters
  • -All characters were updated with new textures and some had their appearance changed greatly.
  • -Story line revamped and tweaked. A lot of changes made here, to help bring the story together and make various parts less obvious and some more obvious.
  • -Daily repeatable events that lead to small scenes or slides that affect Tabitha in various ways
  • -New Journal system and Story Options making it easier to access and turn off the various parts of the game.

As always the latest Public Release can be found on my Patreon Page.

-Jos

• 2 months later...

Archived