Hello, sorry another NOOB here.

I spent most of yesterday trying to figure this out. Cant download FNIS with MO so did it manually. Was previously  using NMM but deleted all mods associated with that in hope it wouldn't interfere with MO.

-NOW interestingly SkyUI and SexLab are all on the MCM and SexLab installs after closing the menu. However no animations work when using the De-bug spell BUT the sounds do. Got this error with FNIS.

FNIS Behavior V6.2   21/05/2016 09:20:04
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNISBase V6.2 ...
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\XPMSE", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
0_master usage: 1.1 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

47 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

I have no interest in beast animations, which is why I haven't installed it.

Thanks to anyone's help, I've also changed the folder around to where people said it had fixed their problems but to no avail.

FNIS also isn't in my MO.

You should run FNIS from inside MO.

Click on the button "Configure the executables that can run from Mod Organizer"

And add FNIS, then run FNIS directly from MO.

You need to understand this about MO. It builds a virtual Data directory containing all the selected mods (left panel) when you run the game or any utility from MO, it puts nothing into the actual Data folder so anything not run from MO will not see that virtual folder and will therefore see only the vanilla data folder.

That is why every utility (FNIS, LOOT, TESVEDIT, Creation Kit) needs to be run from MO, otherwise they don't see all your mods.

Note that virtual data folder exists only for the game or utility you started under MO and anything they start using that virtual system goes away when the program completes so there are no "residuals" that have to be cleaned up. In fact MO can start the game or utility and go away itself because once it has built that virtual system it is done. By default MO goes away when you start the game and will remain running in the background when you run a utility.

Also of note is that you can alt-tab away from the game or utility start MO again (or unlock it if it was selected to stay running), change the selected mods in the left hand panel and run a different utility with a different virtual data folder at the same time (the two will not interfere with each other beyond the normal cases of files being locked by one can cause problems for the other).

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should run FNIS from inside MO.

Click on the button "Configure the executables that can run from Mod Organizer"

And add FNIS, then run FNIS directly from MO.

DUDE! Out of all the sites and 2 days with of searching trying to figure out why my animations weren't running, you were the ONLY person who suggested running FINS inside of MO! 

... It totally fixed the issue! Thank you so much! I seriously can't believe no other web sites suggested this at all...

• 1 year later...

Hi new year, new desesperate noob
I have a similar problem, I install "SexLabFramework v162 FULL",  I run FNIS from MO, I install all the files needed (and some other) 
But still FNIS doesn't read Sex Lab
I follow all the tutorial and and help treat i found to solve the issue but it's still here, and of course animation doesn't work , sound is here but not animation

1555367898-still.png
1555367898-still.png

Uhm, i remember that there is a problem running FNIS from "Program Files (x86)", i think what you have to do is to set the FNIS.exe to run as administrator.  Maybe do the same for MO (and possibly every other program you have in MO), i never had that problem myself since i've installed it elsewhere in the first place.

Second, you have "XP 32 Maximum SKeleton", but what you need is "XP 32 Maximum Skeleton Extended". Doesn't have anything to do with your current problem, but it'll a problem once you manage to FNIS reading stuff. I'd recommend to check at least the second guide in my sig, you already seem to have found the first one.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im a noob but I just figured out what works for me, hopefully this works for you.

If you are using a mod manager, what I've found is you may have 2 seperate locations where your FNIS file is located, I use NMM Vortex, so my file was located here:
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

But what I had originally been using was the FNIS file located in:

Vortex Mods\skyrimse\FNIS Behavior SE 7_6-3038-7-6-1582048023\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

The one in the Steam folder worked as it read the Sexlab file, but the mod manager instance didnt. 

Hopefully that helps.

• 2 months later...

If like me you had the issue 'the data does not look valid' AND sexlab not being red you need to modify the mod's archive so Meshes, scripts, tools, FINIS.esp, FINIS.ini0 are at the root of the archive and not in a random subfolder like the mod creator published it, then re-install and it will work.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 5:13 PM, Aarono420 said:

Im a noob but I just figured out what works for me, hopefully this works for you.

If you are using a mod manager, what I've found is you may have 2 seperate locations where your FNIS file is located, I use NMM Vortex, so my file was located here:
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

But what I had originally been using was the FNIS file located in:

Vortex Mods\skyrimse\FNIS Behavior SE 7_6-3038-7-6-1582048023\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

The one in the Steam folder worked as it read the Sexlab file, but the mod manager instance didnt. 

Hopefully that helps.

Also a Vortex user, and this worked for me. Thx for the solution.

• 1 month later...

If i run fnis from MO it doesn't read my  SexLab 

and does this instead

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.6 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female

Create Creature Behaviors ...

0 animations for 2 mods successfully included (character).

2 Warning(s).

also i don't put MO and FNIS in x86 
how to fix?