I just heard of the greatest idea ever!

Okay, for all you people that aren't in the shape that you want to be in, here's a genius idea that I heard of!

It's basically either a treadmill, elyptical, or stationary bike like machine. It has a built in computer or a place to connect and place your laptop/computer on/in/near it.

In order to use the internet, you have to use the machine and exercise. There has to be some detector that makes sure that you can't just cheat. If you stop, the internet stops. The faster you go, the faster the internet speed. And if you want to download something, you have to be exercising as well. The faster you move, the faster the download is!

So, is this the best idea or what?

One downside though. What happens after the exercise when you just want to sit down and relax on the computer and talk to people etc.

Your gonna be doomed!

There could be a requirement on how long you need to exercise in order to be able to use the computer normally.

But I don't think that this is supposed to completely replace how you use a computer, it's supposed to provide you a way to do something that you want to do on the computer while doing cardio.

Would be better if the work put in actually replaced the work you put in to pay the energy bill. Hook it up to a power generator.

Aside from that, I have issues with mindless exercise. One ought to be more fully focused on their goal while working toward it. Going through the motions while watching or reading something else can help, but is the least effective and could actually lead to further problems.

This is coming from someone (me) who wore a back brace in high school because of his scoliosis and lived with scoliosis for 2 decades before becoming mindful of his body. I'm also no longer flat-footed. I grew up mostly living in my head, using my smarts for academia and such and had never really thought to apply my smarts to working on myself. Complicating my story, right out of high school, I broke my L3 vertebra and crushed parts of my small intestine; all healed now, but it wasn't until recently that I really went to work on some of the remaining chronic nerve pain. It's definitely the kind of thing that I had/have to be very mindful of when working on it.

Thus, I can't really endorse this unless it's hooked up to a power generator, since I think only then would it really be productive.

Would be better if the work put in actually replaced the work you put in to pay the energy bill. Hook it up to a power generator.

Aside from that' date=' I have issues with mindless exercise. One ought to be more fully focused on their goal while working toward it. Going through the motions while watching or reading something else can help, but is the least effective and could actually lead to further problems.

This is coming from someone (me) who wore a back brace in high school because of his scoliosis and lived with scoliosis for 2 decades before becoming mindful of his body. I'm also no longer flat-footed. I grew up mostly living in my head, using my smarts for academia and such and had never really thought to apply my smarts to working on myself. Complicating my story, right out of high school, I broke my L3 vertebra and crushed parts of my small intestine; all healed now, but it wasn't until recently that I really went to work on some of the remaining chronic nerve pain. It's definitely the kind of thing that I had/have to be very mindful of when working on it.

Thus, I can't really endorse this unless it's hooked up to a power generator, since I think only then would it really be productive.

[/quote']

Wow, damn. I don't know what to say. 0.0

I actually think that your idea is better.

That must have been tough man, living with all those injuries. I feel for ya. :-/

Seriously, I feel lucky. If it weren't for these "historical accidents", I never would had learned from them. As I am now, my health and level fitness is good and getting better.

As for my idea, I can't really take the credit. Your post just reminded me of those low cost notebooks sent to places without electricity, you know, the ones with little crank shafts for charging the batteries? So all I did was marry you two.

Archived