Nifskope Settings Help

I am trying to create a custom head mesh. I am having difficulties with it showing up in game. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am also trying to paint weights with the neck and head bone, so that might be the problem too, but if someone could please take a look and make sure its not just the settings. Thank you in advance if anyone replies.

screenshot__25__by_moon_scape-da2ia9u.pn

screenshot__26__by_moon_scape-da2ia3a.pnscreenshot__27__by_moon_scape-da2ia2u.pn

screenshot__28__by_moon_scape-da2ia36.pnscreenshot__29__by_moon_scape-da2ia2v.pnscreenshot__30__by_moon_scape-da2ia3g.pn

I have never used block list I have always used block details. Click the little x to close the block list screne and then click view tab and select block details/F3. Click arrow to the left of BSDismemberSkinInstance for drop down then click arrow to the left of partition two times to get the drop down check the slots being used check using the CK to see what slots are set for the head. Not sure where it would be located. 

If you overwrote the head with your head. Try making a copy of the one you overwrote and your custom mesh one and load each one up into nifskope by clicking on each one so that both are loaded in their own nifskope then cross reference each and see what the original has and see what yours is missing.

I have never used block list I have always used block details. Click the little x to close the block list screne and then click view tab and select block details/F3. Click arrow to the left of BSDismemberSkinInstance for drop down then click arrow to the left of partition two times to get the drop down check the slots being used check using the CK to see what slots are set for the head. Not sure where it would be located. 

If you overwrote the head with your head. Try making a copy of the one you overwrote and your custom mesh one and load each one up into nifskope by clicking on each one so that both are loaded in their own nifskope then cross reference each and see what the original has and see what yours is missing.

Okay, I have already noticed one difference. The vanilla head mesh has three skin partitions and mine only has one. Does that affect anything?

Yes it will as a mesh must have the same slots in both the nif as well as in the .esp that the mesh comes from if the slots and partitions don't match then you will get a invisible item.

You could try making a copy of your custom head mesh to keep it safe then load the custom head mesh into nifskope right click BSDismemberSkinInstance and go to block - convert and convert it from BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance which is the same as BSDismemberSkinInstance except for one minor thing with a NiSkinInstance there are no slots to select in the nif and it'll use the slots that were selected in the CK for slots instead.

Okay, I just converted it and still nothing. I've gone through everything and changed what didn't match. Could I upload it and could you take a quick look at it please? I have no idea what to do anymore.

Here it is downloaded straight from 3ds Max. It's a .nif file

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it!

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\female\femalehead.dds isn't needed when setting up texture paths all that is needed is textures\actors\character\female\femalehead.dds

UV mapping seems either wrong or it is using a new UV map as it appears all messed up in nifskope. The neck seam also seem to be different so unless the body you are using is made for it there is going to be a neck seam.

I ran it through outfit studio not sure if it fixed anything or not.

head.nif

Sozril, your headmesh has no UV map, without which it will not be rendered in game.   You should create, position and manipulate the UV map in 3ds max.  Nifskope and Bodyslide/Outfit Studio are not the appropriate tools for this sort of thing.  You may also wish to consider cutting your head mesh in half and mirroring it.  The amount of asymmetry in your mesh will cause you problems moving forward when you create textures and morphs.

There are plenty of tutorials online for creating new UV maps with the UnwrapUVW modifier.  Keep in mind that without morphs, this head won't be usable by the player's character.

@Kastagir

If you right click the head and go to edit UV map you will see that it has a UV map it's just placed in the box above the center one instead of in the center main one. It is a bit off on the UV map as some spots don't match up and the ears are done differently from other head textures.

post-25667-0-41419100-1463253708_thumb.jpg

@Kastagir

If you right click the head and go to edit UV map you will see that it has a UV map it's just placed in the box above the center one instead of in the center main one. It is a bit off on the UV map as some spots don't match up and the ears are done differently from other head textures.

myuhinny,

My response was to Sozril, so when I said "your headmesh has no UV map" I was referring to Sozril's femalehead.nif, not your head.nif.  Sozril's supplied mesh has no UV map, as you can see in the spoiler below.  I examined it in 3ds Max and no UV map had yet been created.  Your "head.nif" has a UV, but it is not placed correctly, and has incorrect or undefined seams.  These things must be edited in 3ds Max or a similar 3d editing program.

7e64bf4f7f.jpg

Archived