Skyrim being a little bitch.

fins5

Hi

My skyrim is being a pain in the ass, I was going to do a screenshot for my character to use here on the forums, however I wasn't happy with my current graphics settings and decided to crank it to Ultra and forget about the FPS (screenshots don't require FPS, right.) and just take the shot.

However, now, my Skyrim crashes on load. This have happened before when I was doing some texture modding. I solved this by loading an earlier save where the the new textures wasn't present (I deleted them also and reverted back to the ones I used at the SaveGame so everything was like it was before)

Does changing graphics settings somehow mess up the textures used at the SaveGame? I'm using the UNP Base Main Body V1dot2 by Dimonized.

What should I do? I'm gonna try to revert to an earlier save.

Also the save I'm using is the same as I played 2 hours on yesterday without crashes, only now to crash after changing graphics settings.

Thanks.

Edit0: okay this is weird, managed to load a save that was just minutes earlier, made a new save, changed graphics to Ultra again for screenshot, went back in and tried to load and then it crashed again. Looks like Skyrim hates my latest save somehow?

Edit: Added analyzed SKSE crash dump, seems to be the exact same as when it was crashing after messing with textures and bodies:

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\guids.ini, error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for XAudio2_6.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atiumdag.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atiumdag.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for JContainers.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for JContainers.dll
TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

FAULTING_IP:
TESV+81ef39
00c1ef39 0f2807 movaps xmm0,xmmword ptr [edi]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)
ExceptionAddress: 00c1ef39 (TESV+0x0081ef39)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000
Attempt to read from address 00000000

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_POINTER_READ

PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000

READ_ADDRESS: 00000000

FOLLOWUP_IP:
TESV+81ef39
00c1ef39 0f2807 movaps xmm0,xmmword ptr [edi]

FAULTING_THREAD: 00006428

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: NULL_POINTER_READ

BUGCHECK_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_POINTER_READ_INVALID_POINTER_READ

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 00c005e4 to 00c1ef39

STACK_TEXT:
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
3973fc74 00c005e4 25cdb880 188bebf0 25ce29b0 TESV+0x81ef39
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 TESV+0x8005e4

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: TESV+81ef39

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: TESV

IMAGE_NAME: TESV.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 51437ce5

STACK_COMMAND: ~16s; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: NULL_POINTER_READ_c0000005_TESV.exe!Unknown

BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_POINTER_READ_INVALID_POINTER_READ_TESV+81ef39

WATSON_STAGEONE_URL: http://watson.microsoft.com/StageOne/TESV_exe/1_9_32_0/51437ce5/TESV_exe/1_9_32_0/51437ce5/c0000005/0081ef39.htm?Retriage=1

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Guest MonsterFish

Go into console on the main menu. Type 'Coc qasmoke' and hit enter to start a dummy new game then try load up your old one. The technical shit is uh... Something to do with memory blocks and stuff. Basically if you try load up a save that no longer has a mod or, I don't know about textures or meshes actually, it can cause error with the memory and that's what's causing your CTD. By starting a dummy game it'll load up your memory properly so you can continue your other save.

Should mention that you'll probably have to do this every time you load up Skyrim again.

Also I'd recommend cleaning your save.

Go into console on the main menu. Type 'Coc qasmoke' and hit enter to start a dummy new game then try load up your old one. The technical shit is uh... Something to do with memory blocks and stuff. Basically if you try load up a save that no longer has a mod or, I don't know about textures or meshes actually, it can cause error with the memory and that's what's causing your CTD. By starting a dummy game it'll load up your memory properly so you can continue your other save.

Should mention that you'll probably have to do this every time you load up Skyrim again.

Also I'd recommend cleaning your save.

It's so weird though, all saves before the latest one, no matter how long or far back they've been (several mods has been changed during these also) it works properly. Going to try Ultra and go back to an older save and see what happens.

It's also caused by having a lot of scripts and a computer not being able to load all the scripts up at one time when the save is loaded usually affects older computers more.

Alright, I got it to work so I can continue playing. Gonna look into that savegame script cleaner. Probably a lot of old things still around, or things that shouldn't load.

Archived