Sorine Missing Dialogue

MoonSpot

So I'm trying to recruit Sorine to the dawnguard but she won't complete her intro dialogue sequence.  When I meet her I don't get her first prompted comment:

"You haven't seen a sack full of dwarven gyros lying around, have you? I'd swear I left it right here. Do you think mudcrabs might've taken it? I saw one the other day... Wouldn't be surprised if it followed me here."

But I DO get to inform her that Isran is looking for her to join up, to which she replays:

"Isran? Wants me? No, you must be mistaken. He made it exceedingly clear the last time we spoke that he had no interest in my help. I find it hard to believe he's changed his mind. He said some very hurtful things to me before I left. Anyway, I'm quite happy in my current pursuits. So if you'll excuse me..."

This comment seems to have a GoodBye flag attached to it as the dialogue box autoCloses and the all-powerful DragonBorn is left to twist in the wind.

And that's it, whether I have the gears before first speaking to her or after first speaking to her, there is no option to give her the gears.  Just a repetition of "isran wants you" and "hurtful things.  Bye"

RelationshipRank is at acquaintance(0, zero, zip, nada..), if that's worth anything.

Is there a means to force recognition of an NPCs potential dialogue(preferably within console)?  I tried enable/disable, resetai, recycleactor.

Can't seem to find a quest ID to reset her intro, or if there even is one.

Now the catch22 / admission of guilt.  within spoiler

I'm fairly certain that what caused this error was that I had accepted harkons vampire curse and instead of losing the large amount of progress I had made between then and now, I had opted for "Dawnguard Change Sides script by superbox" at the appropriate time...more or less.  What it does is:

completequest DLC1VampireBaseintro
set DLC1IntroCompletedVampire to 0
set DLC1PlayingVampireLine to 0
resetquest DLC1vq02
setstage DLC1VQ02 190
setstage DLC1VQ02 200
completequest DLC1vq02
setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 20

I've meet Gumar before Sorine, and he seems to be cool.  I have not as of yet gone to the fort to see if Gunmar even actually goes there...I took him for his word...  Think I'll check that out next..

Any help from modding ninjas and skyrim shinobi appreciated!

I'd guess you're probably right, the "dawnguard change sides" is at fault. I'm not certain, because I've never used it, but it seems reasonable.

Her entry there leads into two other possible dialogues, both of which have the following requirement:

The quest dlc1vampirebaseintro is not set to stage 40. The problem is, it's the same requirement for the dialogue you did get.

I can see no reason why one would work and not the other, unless you have a mod that changes that particular dialogue condition on that particular topic info.

You could try to just skip that part of the conversation by using setstage dlc1vampirebaseintro to 40, that might work.

I'd guess you're probably right, the "dawnguard change sides" is at fault. I'm not certain, because I've never used it, but it seems reasonable.

Her entry there leads into two other possible dialogues, both of which have the following requirement:

The quest dlc1vampirebaseintro is not set to stage 40. The problem is, it's the same requirement for the dialogue you did get.

I can see no reason why one would work and not the other, unless you have a mod that changes that particular dialogue condition on that particular topic info.

You could try to just skip that part of the conversation by using setstage dlc1vampirebaseintro to 40, that might work.

Well to be clear the fault is mine for taking the vampire path first and not going back to a previous save, not the script per se.  Seem to have made some progress with:

Set DLC1HunterBaseIntro 30 1

But haven't gotten back to the Fort to be sure yet.  on the way, life gets in the way of skyrim sometimes...should fix that too ;)

Set MakeItRainForFree 99999999999 me

dang.

Anyways, here's hoping that they don't keep looking at vampire acceptance quests and start looking at their own dawnguard quest parameters going forward.  we'll see either way (so long as the save holds out).

Archived