your best gaming moment post here!

dickhad

• 3 weeks later...

To many to mention, but one moment that was really fun, happen like a week ago, when I were playing Hell Divers with my friend on his PS4.

In Hell Divers you can almost die by anything.

We had done a mission flawlessly and it was time to extract (get to da choppa). Well, waiting for the extraction and we got attacked by enemies.

My friend died, but I managed to call in reinforcements (basically revive him), and as I said, you can die by almost anything so his pod spawn on me and insta killed me.

He revived me and at that moment the extraction had arrived. And you basically just have a few seconds to jump on to it.

I killed my friend when my pod landed on him and jumped on board  :D

Here is short video of the many ways you can die in Hell Divers:

While I've had some epic battles in Total War games, this one from Medieval:TW from 12 years ago (the first one) reinforced the adage "Fortune favours the bold."

It occurred when I was playing the Viking Invasion expansion. One turn, a 15k Mercia army attacked a province defended by a single stack (820 men). I almost retreated, but decided if the AI wanted that province, I was going to make it expensive "Tonight we dine in Valhalla". The battle took about 4 hours to play through. I did make some mistakes as shown by a wiped out unit of cavalry and an almost wiped out unit of joms vikings.

But, the rest held the line against wave after wave of Mercians.

I was victorious. Afterwards, Mercia couldn't recover from the loss of so many men and I swept up the rest of their kingdom easily and won that campaign.

post-224222-0-66040300-1462161637_thumb.png

There was another one I remember from around 2005. I was playing WoW and when I looted a bear I just killed and I got a blue gun. When I commented about this in guild chat someone replied -

"We exercise our 2nd amendment right to arm bears."

One recently in Skyrim, I had just arrived at the Pale legion camp and one of the soldiers commented "When are we going to see some action?".

Right after he said this, a dragon attacked the camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Hustling a hustler in Mortal Kombat 3.

Was back in the age of arcades, doing a holiday trip to Spain, and I had saved up all year to have plenty of coins to hit the arcades after dinner,

after a few games this older kid came up and gave the old "you are really good, wanna play? yadayada" (My dad spoke English 90% of the time so I learned early.)

And of cause, he let me win a few rounds, before dropping the play for money bit, and to no surprise he suddenly got good, but of cause, nothing beats the long con. 

So when I asked for a chance to win my money back he fell in with both feet, and I walked away with double the amount I had originally saved up for the trip.

Little did he know that I had been playing MK like a god damn religion since the original came out.

There have been many great moments since but that one will always remain the best...Get rekt.  

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not my best but it is funny; I've been playing Destiny (got it after my mate gave me puppy dog eyes and nagged me about it for a good solid month) and in some of the end game content (namely my first nightfall strike) I got an exotic weapon (the Jade Rabbit) which my mate was incredibly annoyed at (I'm a newbie to the game pretty much due to only having it for two weeks) since it's a weapon he's never had drop for him so when we next tried the same nightfall (we where in a three man party with one of the other guys we work with, who's also had the Jade Rabbit drop for him, twice) me and the other guy just started slagging him for being the only person in our party/fireteam who hasn't had the Jade Rabbit drop for him causing him to turn around slowly look at me (or my gun which was the Jade Rabbit at the time) and then jump off a cliff (in game) before going to attack me and then a random passer by before going to sulk in the corner. Suffice it to say I and the other guy in our party where pissing ourselves with laughter.

In Dark Souls 1 there is this rotating elevator with a deadly abyss around.

467249031.jpg

So, one guy invaded me in that zone. I ran to the elevator and activated it to escape from him, and he was getting into the elevator at the same time it started moving. He missed by a hair and fell to his death.
He then messaged me to say that what I did was awesome (I tried to replicate it later, but it does require excelent timing; I was very lucky that time). He probably thought it was my plan or something, but I was just being a coward.

Archived