Racemenu "CharGen plugin not detected, various features may be unavaliable"

Monsto Brukes

I've had this for a while, prob mroe than a year, and just decided to fix it. Chargen and NiOverride, both. 

The reason i let it go is because the error is non-sensical. Using mod organizer, I can see RIGHT THERE. . . its supposed to be loading. Data tab says that the Racemenu 344 is the one being used.

There's no strays in the game or overwrite dir. Racemenu 344 is the last thing to load. I've even tried installing the separate "NetImmerse Override" mod and that didn't help either. 

Thoughts?

MO FAQ:

Q: Which load mechanism should I use?
A: Please use the default unless you have a problem with it. If you have a Script Extender installed and don't want to use the MO UI,
you can use the "Script Extender" load mechanism but be aware that Script Extender Plugins installed through MO will not work, you have to manually
install them to the data directory. Also, whenever the game is updated, SE will stop working and with it MO.
Use "Proxy DLL" only as a last resort. Also, keep in mind that when using "proxy DLL" you have to start MO at least once after every game update!

MO FAQ:

Q: Which load mechanism should I use?

A: Please use the default unless you have a problem with it. If you have a Script Extender installed and don't want to use the MO UI,

you can use the "Script Extender" load mechanism but be aware that Script Extender Plugins installed through MO will not work, you have to manually

install them to the data directory. Also, whenever the game is updated, SE will stop working and with it MO.

Use "Proxy DLL" only as a last resort. Also, keep in mind that when using "proxy DLL" you have to start MO at least once after every game update!

Thanks for showing me that I have skse installed the right way. 

Load mechanisms, have nothing to do with if you installed skse the right way.

If you don't start MO, choose SKSE and start it from there MO doesn't link skse plugin dll to your game, because the virtual file system has to be generated before you start SKSE, starting with proxy dll, generates the VFS after SKSE has run. And because when SKSE runs your dlls are not in your data folder, SKSE doesn't see them and don't load them because they are in your MO mods folder.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't start MO, choose SKSE and start it from there MO doesn't link skse plugin dll to your game, because the virtual file system has to be generated before you start SKSE, starting with proxy dll, generates the VFS after SKSE has run. And because when SKSE runs your dlls are not in your data folder, SKSE doesn't see them and don't load them because they are in your MO mods folder.

What I should have said was that I have MO setup so that skse and mod plugins work properly. hdtpe, hdt high heels, familiar faces, additemmenu, and even racemenu generally, work as expected. 

chargen.dll and nioverride.dll show as part of the load process. All the other dlls shown there work without problem. Those 2 generate an error message in game that they're not available.

Besides, i'm using the default load mechanism.

What I should have said was that I have MO setup so that skse and mod plugins work properly. hdtpe, hdt high heels, familiar faces, additemmenu, and even racemenu generally, work as expected. 

chargen.dll and nioverride.dll show as part of the load process. All the other dlls shown there work without problem. Those 2 generate an error message in game that they're not available.

Do you have ECE installed?

Is a script from racemenu overwritten by something, extract the racemenu bsa and look if racemenu has a minus or a plus afterwards, some plugin checks are in rm scripts and some bad mods provide RM scripts which they shouldn't.

Do you have ECE installed?

Is a script from racemenu overwritten by something, extract the racemenu bsa and look if racemenu has a minus or a plus afterwards, some plugin checks are in rm scripts and some bad mods provide RM scripts which they shouldn't.

No ECE.

I have put it last in my load order after clearing out "overwrite". I even moved the dll's to /data/skse/plugins/chargen.dll (and nioverride.dll). MO Data tab shows both dlls loading from where they're expected (either racemenu or the NetImmers Override mod I tried to fix it with)  

I re-downloaded the latest version today (344, which I already had) just in case something was fucked up, but no change.

Archived