Limit to how many followers for safe load?

As the topic suggests, I was wondering if there was a safe and stable limit to how many standalone followers could be added safely to your game. The is a metric shit ton of really cute followers out there, and I was curious as to how many I could cram into one MO profiles. Is like, the sky the limit or should I only stick to a handful? I was gonna make a profile specifically for this, with only a few mods outside of like UI and performance type stuff with a few armors, and hopefully a ton of followers. I know there's the 255 esp limit which I'm not even going to come close to touching, but is like 20 or 30 followers too much? Not really gonna use it for a play through outside of maybe getting breeze home and a few places for them to live.

Thanks

As the topic suggests, I was wondering if there was a safe and stable limit to how many standalone followers could be added safely to your game. The is a metric shit ton of really cute followers out there, and I was curious as to how many I could cram into one MO profiles. Is like, the sky the limit or should I only stick to a handful? I was gonna make a profile specifically for this, with only a few mods outside of like UI and performance type stuff with a few armors, and hopefully a ton of followers. I know there's the 255 esp limit which I'm not even going to come close to touching, but is like 20 or 30 followers too much? Not really gonna use it for a play through outside of maybe getting breeze home and a few places for them to live.

Thanks

They can be treated just like any other combination of 20-30 mods. If they all use custom, HD textures then that may impact performance depending on your system. If they all have intense, constant scripts then that could cause some trouble. But as a core concept, there's nothing inherently troublesome about follower mods.

I've personally made dozens of followers over the last couple years. Obviously they're not all actively following at the same time, but they're still safely running around the world.

I agree with Levionte. From my understanding there isn't anything differernt about followers vs other mods except as he pointed out their scripts or textures etc might put more of a strain on your system. The only way to find out is to actually do it. Perhaps add 3 at a time and play to see if there is any problems. That being said there might be some issues if the followers are on the same cell or location. Might mess with the game resources (too many NPC in a cell example). If they are spread out there shouldn't be a problem.

• 5 weeks later...

@Arizona_Steve Merged and 315 that's a lot, I personally have about 240 on my hard drive not including my personal custom followers.

But yeah Omega merging your followers would be the best way to go just make sure they all don't occupy the same cell or interior.

If you plan to have some armor plugins think about maybe merging them with followers who are naked or using vanilla armor to save on space. If you don't know how to make a custom outfit in CK that's fine all you need is the ADD Item menu from nexus to get the items.

Archived