Change texture colour?

With a graphic program: Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.Net for example 

These programs support dds-files (with plugins)

Thanks for the answer. Care to explain it better please? I never used these programs

It would be considerably easier for you to open the program of your choice and play around than to have someone try and explain it to you without any type of context whatsoever.

There are brushes, with which you can select a color and 'paint' onto an image similar to a paint brush onto a canvas. Painting black paint on top of the white parts you want to change would be the most basic solution to your problems. Personally, I use photoshop. And in photoshop, the easiest way to go from white to black is to hit 'ctrl + i' which inverses the colors of the image. There are lots of ways to do it depending on exactly what you want and how comfortable you are with more advanced features.

But you really need a level of familiarity with the program, and a basic understanding of the rudimentary features. I'd suggest playing around and experimenting. Plus, it can be fun.

With a graphic program: Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.Net for example 

These programs support dds-files (with plugins)

Thanks for the answer. Care to explain it better please? I never used these programs

It would be considerably easier for you to open the program of your choice and play around than to have someone try and explain it to you without any type of context whatsoever.

There are brushes, with which you can select a color and 'paint' onto an image similar to a paint brush onto a canvas. Painting black paint on top of the white parts you want to change would be the most basic solution to your problems. Personally, I use photoshop. And in photoshop, the easiest way to go from white to black is to hit 'ctrl + i' which inverses the colors of the image. There are lots of ways to do it depending on exactly what you want and how comfortable you are with more advanced features.

But you really need a level of familiarity with the program, and a basic understanding of the rudimentary features. I'd suggest playing around and experimenting. Plus, it can be fun.

Gotcha! I already have photoshop portable, I will try using it now. I'll report back if I encounter some problems

Archived