Why isn't this more popular choice of modding?

Hitom

State of Decay? It's a nice single player sandbox environment, using CryEngine 3. One ENB config with SweetFX available. XML coding for scriptings. With the propper people interested in it I think it  could have some potential for some gritty adult mods. change some of the traits around f.ex "pimp", gives you an radio option to pimp out on of your girls to other survivors for resources. Just one of the many ideas I could see working. 

Might well depend on the game owners view on modding, could be they just do not allow it, there could be many and various other reasons why, though after doing a quick search this place popped up, http://www.nexusmods.com/stateofdecay/?

So I guessing modding is allowed, might be that they do not allow adult mods, though I have not had a look at what is there.

Most probable reason though is that those who would create the type of mod you are on about just do not play or do not mod for that game.

Besides, the free Cryengine SDK probably is outdated compared to the game, and only a few people would be ready to pay Engine-as-a-Service subscription because they would want to mod a bit..

If you want a game to be modded, you need to release a proper tool, a free one and easy to use.

Also...., on the background,  you had Crytek's financials issues last year, remember that Crytek almost go bankrupt 10 or 11 month ago.

• 1 month later...

Besides, the free Cryengine SDK probably is outdated compared to the game, and only a few people would be ready to pay Engine-as-a-Service subscription because they would want to mod a bit..

If you want a game to be modded, you need to release a proper tool, a free one and easy to use.

Also...., on the background,  you had Crytek's financials issues last year, remember that Crytek almost go bankrupt 10 or 11 month ago.

I did not know that Crytek almost went bankrupt, thanks for sharing that. What saved them? Interest in their engine for new games? I know Monster Hunter Online and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are using Crytek stuff.

We'll never know, they "restructured" the company and called all that a "transitional phase" not a bankrupt....

Probably they obtained money in some way and continue their work. And is fine, CryEngine is probably the best engine I ever try, it would be a pity to lose it (like Kojima and FoxEngine... dam@#€¬| Konami.....)

Archived