ENB installation, what did i do wrong?

ther1pper

So i'm not entirely used to using ENB's, i never use them while i play but i'm gonna start using them for pictures, i was trying a new one when this happened.

tumblr_o3amv73Ohy1v7xe3ko1_1280.png

tumblr_o3amv73Ohy1v7xe3ko2_1280.png

No idea what happened, i'm simply trying this out. Not 100% sure how to install ENB's correctly but i've never had this happen. I'm not even sure if i'm gonna go with this ENB as i'm not sure what would go with my game best.

I see... hmmmm... I'm also new to ENB's and last one I had I screw some setting in ENB.ini... Had to uninstall it because of similar issues...

Maybe it's dumb question but before you installed this ENB did you delete all files from previous one?

I see... hmmmm... I'm also new to ENB's and last one I had I screw some setting in ENB.ini... Had to uninstall it because of similar issues...

Maybe it's dumb question but before you installed this ENB did you delete all files from previous one?

i actually didn't have a previous one....that i can remember anyways, all screenshots you see from me are without enbs

I tried so many ENBs that I lost count. Basically nothing works for me - game is crashing or enb is killing my fps completely or both. There's only two enbs that actually work (kinda). First is Vandr Delicate Enb (with SSAO and sunrays turned off) and second is Skyrim Enhanced Shaders http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/822/? I would recommend the latter, your character looks really nice (which is the most important thing for me) and I have solid 50-60 fps all the time. Exteriors are too bright during the day and too dark at night for my taste and interiors are overall too dark but you can tweak this for your liking absolutely no problem.

What ENB Preset you tried install? Could you post the link?

You could go to Skyrim Nexus, download a ENB Remover, remove everything that is from the ENB Preset using the Remover tool and then try to install again following the instructions from the ENB Preset page. I don't know much about ENB, but this could be that you download a wrong version of the ENB Binary or you might installed the wrong .dll file.

(Almost every ENB Preset says to use just the .dll file that comes in the Wrapper folder of the Binary. Check that on the ENB Preset download page.)

The only ENB I ever used was I think Realvision? I didn't care for it or any of them but the way they installed it was through some sort of injector in the ENB folder after it was installed through the NMM, Basically I had to activate it after installing it or something.
I honestly forget but maybe yours is the same too, Is there any sort of readme or specific instructions on the page for it?

You could go to Skyrim Nexus, download a ENB Remover, remove everything that is from the ENB Preset using the Remover tool and then try to install again following the instructions from the ENB Preset page. I don't know much about ENB, but this could be that you download a wrong version of the ENB Binary or you might installed the wrong .dll file.

(Almost every ENB Preset says to use just the .dll file that comes in the Wrapper folder of the Binary. Check that on the ENB Preset download page.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65584/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D65584%26page%3D5%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2835039&pUp=1

i should note, i don't see a .dll file which is the oddest part.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65584/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D65584%26page%3D5%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2835039&pUp=1

Did you explicitly follow the installation instructions in the description?

from what i saw, yes.

Well my suggestion assuming it wont reinstall correctly is to go without it, I've done it plenty of times but at least an ENB isn't that much of a loss.

Plus there are plenty of others out there!

Well my suggestion assuming it wont reinstall correctly is to go without it, I've done it plenty of times but at least an ENB isn't that much of a loss.

Plus there are plenty of others out there!

i'm actually trying to use it for my blog, personally i don't need it for gameplay, too lag, but for pictures it would be nice. I want to see if this one works, if not i can just go with project enb again.

I'll try to help you out with this. For this, be sure to follow every step.

1 - Disable AA in the Skyrim Launcher.

If you're using MO, then you should open Skyrim Launcher through MO not Steam and make sure that is like this:
post-262846-0-60199800-1456902991_thumb.jpg

2 - Download the first file on the VandB's download page and the move the files to your Skyrim Folder. (You don't need the Data Folder.)

post-262846-0-98625200-1456903481_thumb.jpg

3 - Download and move the files (d3d9.dll and enbhost) from the ENB Binary v0.262 to your Skyrim Folder. (Wrapper Folder)

post-262846-0-49075200-1456903778_thumb.jpg

4 - Open your SkyrimPrefes.ini file and change these values to look like this:

[Display]
fGamma=1.0000 
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

5 - Install Mindflux's ENB Particle Patch and Sub-Surface Patch like a normal mod.

6 - Play.

This is how the ENB looks in my game:

P.S.: I'm not using the esp file that comes with, that is just for weather and could conflict with other weather mods like ELFX, CoT and such.

post-262846-0-03417200-1456904780_thumb.jpgpost-262846-0-50886800-1456904800_thumb.jpg

I'll try to help you out with this. For this, be sure to follow every step.

1 - Disable AA in the Skyrim Launcher.

If you're using MO, then you should open Skyrim Launcher through MO not Steam and make sure that is like this:

attachicon.gifDisable AA in Skyrim Laucher.jpg

2 - Download the first file on the VandB's download page and the move the files to your Skyrim Folder. (You don't need the Data Folder.)

3 - Download and move the files (d3d9.dll and enbhost) from the ENB Binary v0.262 to your Skyrim Folder. (Wrapper Folder)

4 - Open your SkyrimPrefes.ini file and change these values to look like this:

[Display]

fGamma=1.0000 

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

5 - Install Mindflux's ENB Particle Patch and Sub-Surface Patch like a normal mod.

6 - Play.

This is how the ENB looks in my game:

P.S.: I'm not using the esp file that comes with, that is just for weather and could conflict with other weather mods like ELFX, CoT and such.

merci, i'll try it for my next set of pics, at the moment i'm halfway through the current set i'm making. Thank you very much, i'll be sure to try this out when i'm done.

Archived