Has anyone thought about modding Kenshi?

OutgoingChart7

On 8/22/2018 at 3:00 AM, Freemaster said:

Took this from a recent update:

• New animation mod system, allows modders to make animations that don't clash with existing animations or updates or other mods. Can also make unique animations that are used for specific races or characters.

Yep, which is fantastic! I just hope that Modders here will have a look at the game again and see if they can do anything with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For a 12 yo game its modding community non existent. And aside of that old nude mod there is not a single one even remotely sexual. I'm not talking about sophisticated sex mods with animations, just a simple sexy armor stuff out of question. Puritanism on the rise, millennials officially "more conservative than previous generations"

In fact developers themselves were so frightened they would be accused in something bad, that they avoided even adding kids in game, despite the fact that all Fallout games so far had them.

But of course extreme violence is okay.

Modern games greatly affected by Saudization of America and this is strictly negative effect. Creativity always in decline whenever "moral"censorship involved.

If I could do custom Animations, I would do it right now. Yes, it's the big bad world but.. why not make it even.. badder? Cause as much corruption as we can for certain characters we play as. Why not add sex? We already got beating. We have nudes, and we have the animation kit now. Hell, we have slavery, why not add rape? Vore? Rape may be extreme but isn't that world already? I do not condone rape in any way shape or form, but this game is about savagery, why not add it? I'd pay to have all of this in since I cannot do custom animations.

The game hasn't gotten that much attention and the dev has a really bad case of 'I'm going to give you a big sandbox but you're going to play it MY way'-syndrome. Well, that and the game itself is very, and I mean VERY grindy and requires you to invest a huge amount of time. Not many people like that and needless to say, the replayability suffers from that, too. Not that there would be a reason to replay Kenshi anyway since it's damn fucking linear all things considered.

Would really love to see an updated nude mod to this game. The one currently on the Nexus seems to have been abandoned and his Shek texture leaves much to be desired. If I had the skill I'd combined his mod with the 18+ Female Body to get the better looking breasts but I sadly lack any and all skill when it comes to texture editing, seems like it would be an easy fix for someone with the know how though. 

There is no particular know-how - you may edit .dds textures in Photoshop, textures with alpha channel saved as "DXT5 ARGB (interpolated alpha)" and textures without alpha channel as "DXT1 RGB (no alpha)"
The alpha channel of diffuse maps ('color textures') is mostly used for glossiness and looks like a grayscale image.
If there is transparency it is usually in the alpha channel of the normal maps ('bumpiness').
Normal maps are purple/blueish in color, transparency looks black/white (actually is very high contrast grayscale).

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/365163686056881925/?ctp=3

Alpha channel for normal map determines the visibility of the texture.
The texture for the parts painted white on the alpha channel will be visible while the ones painted black will be hidden.
That's how they made the grills for the police helmet: by painting the holes black in alpha channel.

Also if you into it - you can do some editing of existing models or even make your own in Blender

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287177013

Though rigging would be the worst part of it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/2650805212046750520/

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 5:43 PM, GrimReaper said:

The game hasn't gotten that much attention and the dev has a really bad case of 'I'm going to give you a big sandbox but you're going to play it MY way'-syndrome. Well, that and the game itself is very, and I mean VERY grindy and requires you to invest a huge amount of time. Not many people like that and needless to say, the replayability suffers from that, too. Not that there would be a reason to replay Kenshi anyway since it's damn fucking linear all things considered.

You can download a mod that adds punching bags, weight benches and other craftables so you can level up stats in a quick but balanced way instead of just being constantly knocked out. That takes out a huge part of the grind and makes playing a solo character a lot more viable. It's a great exploration game with a huge world that makes up for some of its issues

No mods required really. For example ore is all you need to train Strength. Mine full bag of it - and while you walk you gain Strength. Dexterity trained automatically as you use katana and Athletics - as you run without any weight. Its all easy really.

You also don't have to fight every battle to the last. There is a lot ninja gameplay in it - which means sneaking, distracting, separating, attacking from behind, running away, luring and ambushing. This way its possible to fight and win against superior enemy.

For example send forward the fastest runner to taunt swordsmen and lead them away from their shooters, then send main forces to take out their shooters, then pick their swordsmen chasing the bait one by one.

Its possible also to hire a mercenary for a while. Tough guy can distract your enemy while your weaker guys trying to fight or save them in case they fail.

And its possible to travel far away and explore even if you are not strong enough - just follow the group or paladins, samurai, nomads or merchant caravan.

Still, some quests and the story line would be nice.

Archived