In a few words, how to make outfits

Farmthat

So, I've downloaded blender, nifscope, and all that. I've gotten it up and running, and I'm building my first item of clothing, trying to teach myself the tools. I started based on the femalebody_0 mesh from the skyrim meshes folder, duplicated it, began editing vertices...

I'm hoping someone can explain to me in a few short sentences how to make my clothing move with the character, once loaded back into skyrim. I'm a fan of CBBE, use the XP32 skeleton--is there something I should be doing early on to make sure I'm not wasting my time?

My first project is a straightjacket. (I know this will have issues there's no crossed-arms animation yet, etc, but I'll cross that bridge later.)

Very beginner to this. Thanks!

weight painting. you load up a skeleton, pick a bone, and paint the area of the model that should move when that bone moves. i cant tell you how to do it in blender, i hate blender, i'm a 3ds max person i guess. even though i hate painting in max too.

or you load it in bodyslide outfit studio, load a reference, copy all weights, and tweak it from there.

instead of starting with an _0 or _1 nif, if you start with a reference shape nif from bodyslide, then it will be super easy to make bodyslide projects for it later so people can size it to fit their character.

Archived