Tag the heavy mod!

Frozium

So I just started a new playthrough with new mods, but the FPS have gone down to a point that I have to play without grass and TEOFIS and getting ~30FPS... In the middle of nowhere at the north coast!

I actually have less mods than previous playthroughs, but something is killing my FPS.

Here's the load order

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
hdtHighHeel.esm
AzarHair.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
BBLuxurySuite.esm
UndergroundBathhouse.esm
FNIS.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
Extended UI.esp
Forbidden Ebony Armor.esp
Glowing Vampire Eyes.esp
Glowing Eyes.esp
InnovaEyes.esp
SkyUI.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
ub_cell_darkarea.esp
Naruto - Overhaul.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
MasterTrainers100.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
jutsu.esp
UchihaClan.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Cloaks.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp
ub_bbls_merge.esp
BBLSVisitors.esp
BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp
DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
FNISspells.esp
ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
Babette.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Immersive Armors for NPC's Revisited DG.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
NoLeveledItemRewards.esp
MorePP.esp
Train over 9000!!!! times.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
AchieveThat.esp
3 day respawn 1.1.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
No More Glowing Edges.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Tribal Tattoo Overlays.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
VioLens.esp
HeartBreaker.esp
BBLSapachii.esp
BBLSspouse.esp
BBLSapachii_Light.esp
ub_apachii_hair.esp
ub_tapestry.esp
UchihaClan_RemoveSpellTomes.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
Serana No Hood.esp
KJ Tattoos 2K.esp
TheCoenaculiUNP.esp
BS-TheHag_WarPaints.esp
Cassandra Frost Witch.esp
BBD_NereidPirate.esp
jh_people2.esp
Serana.esp
Valerica.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
PerMa-Content Addon Patch.esp
PerMa_USLEEP master patch.esp
Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
BTRH_Beleval.esp
BTRH_Brelyna.esp
BTRH_Camilla.esp
BTRH_Delphine.esp
BTRH_Elisif.esp
BTRH_Frea.esp
BTRH_Ingjard.esp
BTRH_Iona.esp
BTRH_Jordis.esp
BTRH_Lisette.esp
BTRH_Lydia.esp
BTRH_Mjoll.esp
BTRH_Muiri.esp
BTRH_Rayya.esp
BTRH_Sorine.esp
BTRH_Ysolda.esp
PerMaExtendedPerkDescriptions.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp

NOTE: I've used Naruto Overhaul, Uchiha clan, PERMA, Immersive armors and weapons and Fantasy soundtrack project in previous playthroughs. Not to mention the lesser mods like RaceMenu. I think that the 'bad' mod could be NPC85 (JH people) or Skyrim Immersive creatures.

NOTE 2: I DON'T use ENB

Thanks for replying :D

I don't see anything that could kill your FPS, so my questions would be:

Do you use texture mods?

Do you use ENB?

Could you provide a list of installed mods? Your load order isn't always enough. It's impossible to tell if you have texture mods installed because the majority of them doesn't have a .esp/.esm file.

I don't see anything that could kill your FPS, so my questions would be:

Do you use texture mods?

Do you use ENB?

Could you provide a list of installed mods? Your load order isn't always enough. It's impossible to tell if you have texture mods installed because the majority of them doesn't have a .esp/.esm file.

I can't provide you the full list right now, but I use the Full aMidianBorn pack. Can that be problem?

Ehm am really no expert here but i would double check: jh_people2.esp, MorePP.esp , Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp, Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp > these i would consider as "heavy" mods. Also having 4 or 5 hair texture packs must have quite the impact on loading lol. 

However, the problem does not need to be mods related. Check ur Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini> if you made any changes here (drawing shadows, grass per texture, density, etc...) > these could have massive impact on FPS. Furthermore fps also greatly depends on ur choice of ENB, some enb's on my rig have a perfomance impact of 20 fps or more. Might wanna play around with other setups to see if there's any difference.

The best advice i can give you is: try and remember when the fps issue started> date it back and try to find mods that u installed at that time and reverse the changes, or any modifications you might have done.

Hope this helps :P

Regards,

If that is the only texture mod you use, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Unless you can't even play Skyrim on ultra settings. You can try to disable it and see if it fixes the problem. Is that the only texture mod? If you have a lot of them, you could try to disable all of them.

You said you used other mods on other playthroughs, did you make any big changes to your mod list before starting this playthrough?

I guess you already did that, but in case you didn't, try to close other programs when running Skyrim.

If that doesn't help you, you could try this thing and maybe find out something.

That's all ideas I have for now, sorry.

Ehm am really no expert here but i would double check: jh_people2.esp, MorePP.esp , Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp, Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp > these i would consider as "heavy" mods. Also having 4 or 5 hair texture packs must have quite the impact on loading lol. 

However, the problem does not need to be mods related. Check ur Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini> if you made any changes here (drawing shadows, grass per texture, density, etc...) > these could have massive impact on FPS. Furthermore fps also greatly depends on ur choice of ENB, some enb's on my rig have a perfomance impact of 20 fps or more. Might wanna play around with other setups to see if there's any difference.

The best advice i can give you is: try and remember when the fps issue started> date it back and try to find mods that u installed at that time and reverse the changes, or any modifications you might have done.

Regards,

If that is the only texture mod you use, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Unless you can't even play Skyrim on ultra settings. You can try to disable it and see if it fixes the problem. Is that the only texture mod? If you have a lot of them, you could try to disable all of them.

You said you used other mods on other playthroughs, did you make any big changes to your mod list before starting this playthrough?

I guess you already did that, but in case you didn't, try to close other programs when running Skyrim.

If that doesn't help you, you could try this thing and maybe find out something.

Aside from the aMidian Born textures, I only have the Apachii hair natural retextures (performance option)

Regards,

Aside from the aMidian Born textures, I only have the Apachii hair natural retextures (performance option)

You can also try to reset the .ini files. Go to ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim (or where you have your .ini files) and delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. After you did that, launch Skyrim via Steam. It should automatically generate new files. Close the launcher after that and try to run the game how you would run it normally.

Have you got HDT Physics installed? if so what XPMSE Skeleton version are you using? I found that i had to use XPMSE3 or my framerate went south big time. ;)

I use HDT with XPMSE 3

Regards,

You can also try to reset the .ini files. Go to ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim (or where you have your .ini files) and delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. After you did that, launch Skyrim via Steam. It should automatically generate new files. Close the launcher after that and try to run the game how you would run it normally.

OK, I'll try that. (Good that I made a backup when I started the modding)

HDT hairs used to kill my FPS, I see you have one. Could be the cause

Only one HDT Ponytail (Azar hair)

It doesn't matter how much different hairstyles you have installed, only the active one on your current character will take FPS. If you're using a static hairstyle it's fine, but if you're using the HDT hairstyle it make your PC lag.

I'm not saying it's the problem, but if I were you I would try to change it for a while (open console, type "showracemenu" and change your hairstyle, no need to uninstall it)

One thing:

USE ENB!!! 

Even if you DO NOT use the graphics modifications, the changes that ENB makes to the way MEMORY is handled will VASTLY improve your performance.

post-875716-0-79267600-1455929831_thumb.jpg

I deleted all the aMidian Born content and Skyrim immersive creatures and everything's fine now.

One thing:

USE ENB!!! 

Even if you DO NOT use the graphics modifications, the changes that ENB makes to the way MEMORY is handled will VASTLY improve your performance.

attachicon.gifHahaha_No_Owl.jpg

I deleted all the aMidian Born content and Skyrim immersive creatures and everything's fine now.

Yea, aMidian's stuff is VERY heavy on resources, especially if you use the 2k textures. I have a decent GPU, and still only use the 1k textures for ... well ... pretty much every texture mod I use. 

If it's NOT 1k, I MAKE it 1k with DDSopt. 

Never tested Immersive Creatures. I may have to do that with my current rebuild of my guide. Thank you for bringing it up. If it has problems, I'm sure it's fixable ;) hehe

One thing:

USE ENB!!! 

attachicon.gifHahaha_No_Owl.jpg

Yea, aMidian's stuff is VERY heavy on resources, especially if you use the 2k textures. I have a decent GPU, and still only use the 1k textures for ... well ... pretty much every texture mod I use. 

If it's NOT 1k, I MAKE it 1k with DDSopt. 

Never tested Immersive Creatures. I may have to do that with my current rebuild of my guide. Thank you for bringing it up. If it has problems, I'm sure it's fixable ;) hehe

Thanks to you for replying to this post :D

Archived