Please help with convert clothes in Outfit Studio

poblivion

I tried to adjust skeletons clothing for use on the female body. Unfortunately, clothing is not working in the game and the game crashes. I do not know where I made a mistake, can anyone advise me?  I thought it would be interesting to gradually convert all the skeletons clothes. It would be possible to use it in any slave MOD.

Thanks

post-62440-0-41090300-1454941117_thumb.jpg

X2.nif

Its from Fallout 4

I tried my hand at this thinking the Tattered Vault Suit was just a retexture of the original Vault Suit, but its a completely different texture. What mesh are you using as the base ? 

it could be a problem with the esp if could upload that as well

Its from Fallout 4

I tried my hand at this thinking the Tattered Vault Suit was just a retexture of the original Vault Suit, but its a completely different texture. What mesh are you using as the base ? 

Unfortunately textures are different in shape

post-62440-0-31406600-1454962044_thumb.jpg

post-62440-0-99973200-1454962052_thumb.jpg

Its from Fallout 4

Unfortunately textures are different in shape

I literally said in my post that the textures were different...............................................

I was asking what nif(the mesh) you are using.

OKAY COOL I GOT IT!
1. delete all the bones and excess meshes from the SkeletonClothedVaultsuit.nif

2. Import into Outfit Studio

3. Copy Bone Weights and Build Skin Partitions(idk what this does I just did it) and Conform All

4. Export nif with reference

5. Open nif in NifSkope

6. Copy the "bones" (BSSkin:Instance) from the CBBE body and Pasted them into the Tattered Vault Suit Mesh

7. Open the nif in Outfit Stuido

8. Repeat step 3

9. Repeat step 4

I attached the working mod complete with esp, materials, meshes, and textures. The mesh was not aligned with the cbbe body I just wanted to do it quick without messing with the mesh. You can play with it if you want. Everything loads in game.

EDIT:Download from the new post.

OKAY COOL I GOT IT!

1. delete all the bones and excess meshes from the SkeletonClothedVaultsuit.nif

2. Import into Outfit Studio

3. Copy Bone Weights and Build Skin Partitions(idk what this does I just did it) and Conform All

4. Export nif with reference

5. Open nif in NifSkope

6. Copy the "bones" (BSSkin:Instance) from the CBBE body and Pasted them into the Tattered Vault Suit Mesh

7. Open the nif in Outfit Stuido

8. Repeat step 3

9. Repeat step 4

I attached the working mod complete with esp, materials, meshes, and textures. The mesh was not aligned with the cbbe body I just wanted to do it quick without messing with the mesh. You can play with it if you want. Everything loads in game.

Thank you very much, you helped me greatly.   :D

What do you do about the arm position being different? For example, the skyrim 'body' the arms are down along the sides of the body, but the FO4 body they are out at a 45 degree angle.  How do you get the old armor to match up?  (I got the clothes to work in game except the arms arent in the right place)

What do you do about the arm position being different? For example, the skyrim 'body' the arms are down along the sides of the body, but the FO4 body they are out at a 45 degree angle.  How do you get the old armor to match up?  (I got the clothes to work in game except the arms arent in the right place)

This model is from Fallout 4 so the arms are in the right position.

But Skyrim to FO4 conversion is easy if the body is Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE.

1. Open Nif file of armor you want to use in Fallout in NifSkope

2.  Click on each part you want to use and under file, export as Obj.

3.  Open Outfit Studio and select new project Skyrim CBBE to F04 CBBE

4.  Import all Obj's you exported from nifskope

5.  They will not be sized right so select all of them (not the reference body) and scale down to 0.1 and then move the z axis -120

6.  The armor should now be roughly on the body.

7.  Select all objects and select copy bone weights and under slider select conform all.  move Skyrim to FO4 slider all the way to the right, the base shape should change pose.

8.  Under slider, select Set Base Shape

9.  Now under file select load reference and select CBBE

10.  Use tools on top bar to inflate and deflate the outfit until it covers the reference body, this is where you are setting the shape of the body outfit as it will be in game.

11.  When done adjusting armor,  "set base shape" again and "conform all" again under sliders.  Test sliders to make sure there is no clipping when using extreme settings.

12.  Export Nif with reference.  Don't save project yet.

13.  Make your textures.  You'll need the diffuse map, normal map and specular map.  (There are guides out there on how to do this, but I can expand more if you have questions.)

14.  Open material editor and create new material.  You will need a material for every texture you need.  Not bad if you have 1 or 2 textures, annoying if you have 10.

15.  All you really need to do for material editor is on the second tab 'material'  add the link to the 3 files for each texture.  save them all in the material tab.  

16.  Open nifskope with the model you exported earlier, on each part of the outfit  nif, add the material path to the material you just created in BSLightningShaderProperty and then add the textures to the BSShaderTextureSet.  Diffuse map goes in the first texture subgroup, normal map in the second, and the specular map in the eighth.  (Check CBBE body for reference)

17.  Save Nif and open again in Outfit studio, it should now have textures.

18.  Under File, load reference again, select CBBE.  This will open a second CBBE body ref.  Select your original CBBE body and make it your reference.  erase the second CBBE model.  "Conform all" again.

NOTE:  This step is weird because I found that when I reloaded the nif, I would lose the sliders, this gets them back.  Test sliders, make sure outfit moves with body.

19.  Save as new project.   This should give you bodysliders for your new outfit.

20.  Now you can open bodyslide, select your new outfit and load whatever your preset is.  Build and adjust in outfit studio if you need to fix clipping.

If you arent using CBBE you would need to either take the nif/obj files into a 3d modeling software (Maya/Blender) or you can use Outfit Studio and with a large brush area manually move the vertices. With Outfit Studio though its not very precise and can cause distortions in the outfit.

This model is from Fallout 4 so the arms are in the right position.

But Skyrim to FO4 conversion is easy if the body is Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE.

1. Open Nif file of armor you want to use in Fallout in NifSkope

2.  Click on each part you want to use and under file, export as Obj.

3.  Open Outfit Studio and select new project Skyrim CBBE to F04 CBBE

4.  Import all Obj's you exported from nifskope

5.  They will not be sized right so select all of them (not the reference body) and scale down to 0.1 and then move the z axis -120

6.  The armor should now be roughly on the body.

7.  Select all objects and select copy bone weights and under slider select conform all.  move Skyrim to FO4 slider all the way to the right, the base shape should change pose.

8.  Under slider, select Set Base Shape

9.  Now under file select load reference and select CBBE

10.  Use tools on top bar to inflate and deflate the outfit until it covers the reference body, this is where you are setting the shape of the body outfit as it will be in game.

11.  When done adjusting armor,  "set base shape" again and "conform all" again under sliders.  Test sliders to make sure there is no clipping when using extreme settings.

12.  Export Nif with reference.  Don't save project yet.

13.  Make your textures.  You'll need the diffuse map, normal map and specular map.  (There are guides out there on how to do this, but I can expand more if you have questions.)

14.  Open material editor and create new material.  You will need a material for every texture you need.  Not bad if you have 1 or 2 textures, annoying if you have 10.

15.  All you really need to do for material editor is on the second tab 'material'  add the link to the 3 files for each texture.  save them all in the material tab.  

16.  Open nifskope with the model you exported earlier, on each part of the outfit  nif, add the material path to the material you just created in BSLightningShaderProperty and then add the textures to the BSShaderTextureSet.  Diffuse map goes in the first texture subgroup, normal map in the second, and the specular map in the eighth.  (Check CBBE body for reference)

17.  Save Nif and open again in Outfit studio, it should now have textures.

18.  Under File, load reference again, select CBBE.  This will open a second CBBE body ref.  Select your original CBBE body and make it your reference.  erase the second CBBE model.  "Conform all" again.

NOTE:  This step is weird because I found that when I reloaded the nif, I would lose the sliders, this gets them back.  Test sliders, make sure outfit moves with body.

19.  Save as new project.   This should give you bodysliders for your new outfit.

20.  Now you can open bodyslide, select your new outfit and load whatever your preset is.  Build and adjust in outfit studio if you need to fix clipping.

If you arent using CBBE you would need to either take the nif/obj files into a 3d modeling software (Maya/Blender) or you can use Outfit Studio and with a large brush area manually move the vertices. With Outfit Studio though its not very precise and can cause distortions in the outfit.

That worked, thanks!  One more part, something is causing the texture to be very dark and shiny, almost like metal.  It doesn't look like that in NIFskope or Bodyslide/OF but does in game.  Is there a 'setting' to adjust for that?

That worked, thanks!  One more part, something is causing the texture to be very dark and shiny, almost like metal.  It doesn't look like that in NIFskope or Bodyslide/OF but does in game.  Is there a 'setting' to adjust for that?

"shiny"-ness might be the specular map of the textures, but im not too experienced with that to tell you.

"shiny"-ness might be the specular map of the textures, but im not too experienced with that to tell you.

I figured it out.  It was the materials thing.  I'd never had to mess with that before, but on this one I had to manually create it and link it in the NIF. Not sure why, but in skyrim it doesnt even have a materials file and it is fine.

Three possibilities I can think of:

Open the _s dds file - is it a neutral/flat gray or is it black (or white or something other than gray)?  That may be the culprit.

Or, your material file may be pointing to an internal file that has a gloss spec - I think the gold stuff on the suit has/had a glossy map.

Last, but not least - is the suit permanently wet?  I brought in an FO$ mesh that seemed to always be wet; turned out the BGSM was pointing to the baseball helmet specular map in the wrong place (and I copied the file; didn't change that myself)

One more question, how can I add NiAlphaProperty?  I tried in NifSkope Copy and Paste Branch, but not work.

Thanks

Question about outfits that have multiple nifs..  In skyrim the 'body' would only be in the main nif (chest part) and the other bits like shorts, belts etc would have no body.  I seem to be having trouble making that work in FO4.  When I get the nif working correctly in outfit studio then export (not with reference) it tends to clip a lot on my actual in-game body.   So I use bodyslide to 'build' it to match the body I use but that inserts the body mesh into the nif, and ends up causing more issues.

What is the right way to do this?  Should every piece of the outfit include the body? Do I need to remove the body somehow after making the item fit?

Right now I think its easier just to put everything into a single nif. Something like gloves i dont know about. You could make things like belts and boots separate items, that requires more knowledge of item slots which I dont really want to bother since Im just a noob at modding and dont plan on spending too much time on it.

Clipping is probably because you arent exporting with reference. Also you should always save the project then build with BodySlide. What you can do in Outfit Studio is load your preset then go to one of the sliders and press the little pencil to the left of the slider (this will set the slider to 100%), match the percentage to what your preset was then you can use the brushes to fit the clothes to your preset and eliminate clipping.

Make sure every time you load a new reference you have to "Conform All" so sliders work properly.

Question about outfits that have multiple nifs..  In skyrim the 'body' would only be in the main nif (chest part) and the other bits like shorts, belts etc would have no body.  I seem to be having trouble making that work in FO4.  When I get the nif working correctly in outfit studio then export (not with reference) it tends to clip a lot on my actual in-game body.   So I use bodyslide to 'build' it to match the body I use but that inserts the body mesh into the nif, and ends up causing more issues.

What is the right way to do this?  Should every piece of the outfit include the body? Do I need to remove the body somehow after making the item fit?

At the bottom of the "Save Project As" in Outfit Studio, there is single line above the Save and Cancel Buttons that reads:

"Copy Reference Shape Into Outfit" (note it has a check box on the left side of it, and by default it is checked).

That should ONLY BE CHECKED for items that take up the main body slot.

For all other items (armor bits, hats, gloves, butt plugs, piercings, etc) when building a Bodyslide package that should be UNCHECKED.

A lot of people miss that... but yeah only have it checked if the outfit needs the reference shape included in the package, uncheck if it does not.

So for Fallout 4 is the item resides in Slot 33 (Body) then copy the reference shape in. If the item does not set in slot 33 then uncheck that box. Note: The Slot listing is in the esp file.

Thanks for the link. It works, but it's a lot more complicated than for Skyrim.

Skyrim didn't have a Material file so it was easier, you just set trans in the nif and opacity in the texture (or delete sections of the texture or a combo of both) and then it would render in game as transparent.

Now you have to tweak the nif, tweak the texture, and finally tweak the material file (bgem, or bgsm depending on which way you go...hell one mod had them just as strait up json files that could be edited in notepad)....

Pro's Con's and other things.... its just one more piece to mess up when building or converting.

Archived