You cannot save right now

Istill

Hello, all, i got a weird problem... I cannot save my game. I just switched to mod organizer and installed everything i wanted, then i wanted to play, normally, i dont think i have to post my load order becouse i deactivated everything i got in it and i still cannot save, we know that its virtuall all the files, install seems to be clean i used folder cleaner to clear everything what is not vannila in skyrim.

So it looks like this, dont matter if i launch a game with mod without mods throu mod organizer or without i cannot make save i always get grayed out save and when i try to save through console im getting prompt '' you cannot save right know'' and i dont know what could i do to fix this.

Try using a furniture, mount/dismount a horse etc. There are also a bunch of console commands you can use to figure out what the game thinks you're doing. You might want to refer to a list of console commands.

Did you have SexLab, ZaZ Animation Pack etc. before? You might also want use their MCM menus to force them to stop their animations.

Well i dont have them installed at all at the moment, i was making a base to play, and untill i fix this i wont install anything like zaz and sexlab.

The problem is even if i reinstal game to another folder... somehow it still dont let me save. So i think resolving this issue is somewhere in skse or somewhere in ini files...

directiories are working fine, i get mods i want loaded in game.

I tried saving that way but i get prompt ''you cannot save right now''

Yea it is in program files but in my skyrim folder, this is not a problem couse i got folders to store stuff somewhere else.

The problem may be the OS blocking Skyrim from creating saves in the Save folder.  You can try one of these.

1)  Try launching TESV.exe as administrator.

2)  Change the permission of the Save folder to allow read/write/execute for either the owner's account (if no one else is using your computer) or all users.

Can you save in the vanilla game or not? Have you tried saving in a new game with no mods at all?

The directories for mods may be working, but that doesn't mean your profile folders are configured properly. Your profile settings determine where your saves go.

If you still can't save in a new game without any mods, one other thing I can suggest is checking the log files created by SKSE, other than that I have no idea.

You can try one of these.

1)  Try launching TESV.exe as administrator.

2)  Change the permission of the Save folder to allow read/write/execute for either the owner's account (if no one else is using your computer) or all users.

Always doing stuff as administrator, i never forget this, and i am always checking it first.

Well, permisions dont work i get blue box all the time even if i change it to only read/not only read its still blue box next time im checking even if its just a second after change.

Can you save in the vanilla game or not? Have you tried saving in a new game with no mods at all?

The directories for mods may be working, but that doesn't mean your profile folders are configured properly. Your profile settings determine where your saves go.

If you still can't save in a new game without any mods, one other thing I can suggest is checking the log files created by SKSE, other than that I have no idea.

Well, i cannot save in vannila game, just like i said in first post. I checked profile settings and they are directing everything to the right folders.

I can load games i download from the internet but still cannot save.

I have an idea with skse... i will write when i finish.

Okay, after... long battle it seems i fixed it. That was something with skse plugins but now i want to know what happend.

I was fighting with that whole day and dont want to see anybody else seeking help with my problem.

So, i deleted all skse plugins i had, then started new game it worked... next thing i just took few important dll i needed from that folder and it works just fine.

The problem is, could it be done by having doubled char gen dll? I mean i got it instaled by MO, and i left it from previous instalation when i was instaling mods with NMM.

Thats the best bet i think.

Archived