Need Bodyslide 2 help with TMB or BAMFTNA bodies

sniperdoc

Hey everyone,

I'm a noobie when it comes to Bodyslide and I'm really trying to learn, but the tutorials that are out there don't discuss having to create a slider compatible mesh with Bodyslide if your mesh isn't already a preset in Bodyslide.

So, Robton and Kaoswulf provided some awesome meshes, and I really don't want to bug them for armors, and I've used Bodyslide to create armors with the provided TMB/BAMFTNA preset and whatever UUNP armors come with sliders (such as Nisetanaka's Bikinis). However, I'm trying to use Outfit Studio to fix some of the clipping of those armors and I understand that I need to use the TMB/BAMFTNA body as the underlying base, to know where I need to raise/lower the meshes to fit properly.

The problem is, when I try to use the TMB/BAMFTNA preset xml, it doesn't work. It gives me an error and I understand that it doesn't work that way. I need to set the body up to be used by Bodyslide and Outfit studio somehow. But, that is the part I can't figure out.

Osnius and JDG tried to explain, and help, but I'm still confused and would really like someone to walk me through step by step on how I can do this. Tuts haven't helped. I watched them several times, and it's not working out for me.

If someone could do a tut for me, that tells me step by step what to do with TMB or BAMFTNA, I would greatly appreciate it. 

This is what JDG provided to me, but I'm still confused.

If i'm not mistaken, you want to convert armors to custom shapes that are not included in UUNP sliders, like Tiddy McButt Body(which i also use with UNP Fantasy Fitness).

I think what you really want to do, Ousnius can correct me if i'm wrong on this, is make a custom slider set for specifically converting from CBBE to whatever custom shape(TMB or BAMFTNA in this case) you wanted.

I don't remember where i found this info, but i'll repost with some minor edits and clarifications in brackets. Since TMB/BAMFTNA were made in Bodyslide, i don't think you don't have to do anything special with the Nifs it provides:

- Use Outfit Studio to export the body shape[in this case, the HIGH or LOW weight of TMB/BAMFTNA] from the NIF to OBJ. To do that, load the NIF as an outfit and "Shape -> Export shape to .obj".  This one I understand and was able to do.

- Create a new project with CalienteBody.nif[in this case you would use the UUNP.nif/UUNPHDT.nif instead] as a reference (no outfit).  This one I understood too.

- Create a new slider, click the edit button of that slider and use the "Import Slider Data from OBJ" feature to make the CBBE -> Target Body slider data.  This is where I get lost. I understand that I need to click the Edit button and Import Slider Data from OBJ. But, I don't understand, if I need to do that for every slider (mega time consuming). Because the following part says "Save the Slider SET" and there is no such thing, at least not that I found. Plus, the sliders that I have tried this on get maxed out a 100%?

- Save the slider set.

- To make a Target Body -> CBBE slider set, use the CBBE_as_Target.nif (from above) as a reference shape, load the slider from OBJ again but this time inverse the slider using "Slider -> Negate".

- Save the slider set.  I understand that I don't need to do this portion because I don't intend to convert the shapes back to CBBE.

Help please?

I would also like to know this,  I don't just have TMB/BAMFTNA body meshes, I also have Anaphiel's(Jay) lisette preset and other premade presets that I want to try out and convert the armors and fix the armors as well. :-/

And btw sniperdoc I'm Dee from robton.nu website in case you are wandering ;)

Hey Dee. Were you able to at least get some of the armors converted? TMB is a lot more amicable to the changes. BAMFTNA has a lot more clipping going on that needs to be fixed with Outfit Studio, but you need to have a Body preset that'll actually work with Outfit Studio and neither TMB or BAMFTNA's xml files will work. That's the part I'm trying to fix. I'd even make a Youtube video to post on how to do that.

Honestly, I think TMB and BAMFTNA just need to be added to the list of choices in Bodyslide 2, since they're UUNP based meshes. But, I don't think Caliente is that active anymore, but I could be wrong.

I would also like to know this,  I don't just have TMB/BAMFTNA body meshes, I also have Anaphiel's(Jay) lisette preset and other premade presets that I want to try out and convert the armors and fix the armors as well. :-/

And btw sniperdoc I'm Dee from robton.nu website in case you are wandering ;)

Hey Dee. Were you able to at least get some of the armors converted? TMB is a lot more amicable to the changes. BAMFTNA has a lot more clipping going on that needs to be fixed with Outfit Studio, but you need to have a Body preset that'll actually work with Outfit Studio and neither TMB or BAMFTNA's xml files will work. That's the part I'm trying to fix. I'd even make a Youtube video to post on how to do that.

Honestly, I think TMB and BAMFTNA just need to be added to the list of choices in Bodyslide 2, since they're UUNP based meshes. But, I don't think Caliente is that active anymore, but I could be wrong.

I haven't used Bodyslide yet since I'm planning on building a new desktop.  But I have some bodyslide tutorials copied from loverslab.  I think you know about blabba Unofficial BSOS2 tutorial.  I also seen some videos from the bodyslide nexus page, but I'm still confused about the whole process *sighs*

I too hope there is a video that would at least explain the part about premade presets like the ones you and i mentioned.  It would be nice tbh. :(

I haven't used Bodyslide yet since I'm planning on building a new desktop.  But I have some bodyslide tutorials copied from loverslab.  I think you know about blabba Unofficial BSOS2 tutorial.  I also seen some videos from the bodyslide nexus page, but I'm still confused about the whole process *sighs*

I too hope there is a video that would at least explain the part about premade presets like the ones you and i mentioned.  It would be nice tbh. :(

Well, with the conversion of UUNP based armors that HAVE the bodyslide preset included, like the Nisetanaka presets, those are pretty dang easy... for TMB. If you want I can get you started on those easy. It's being able to manipulate those armors to iron out the clipping parts that's the kicker for me.

Well, with the conversion of UUNP based armors that HAVE the bodyslide preset included, like the Nisetanaka presets, those are pretty dang easy... for TMB. If you want I can get you started on those easy. It's being able to manipulate those armors to iron out the clipping parts that's the kicker for me.

That would be awesome, I would take any tutorial and advice and even tips.  I'm still a noob on skyrim.  I have never played it before.  I'm trying to gather as much info as possible especially for Bodyslide Outfit studio.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is, when I try to use the TMB/BAMFTNA preset xml, it doesn't work. It gives me an error and I understand that it doesn't work that way. I need to set the body up to be used by Bodyslide and Outfit studio somehow. But, that is the part I can't figure out.

Where does the preset not work? When you try to load it in Outfit Studio to check for clipping?

If it's just in OS, then you probably need to

A) make sure the CBadvanced group is added in the slidergroup XML for the conversion (this needs a group even if it is only 1 part like a Bikini)

B) save the sliderpreset with CBadvanced enabled on top of Unified UNP

Then you can load the preset in OS and check which sliders are causing the clipping. Now you can only edit the sliders at 100% while all others are on default, but you can use the [+] and [-] buttons to increase the strength of the morphs instead. This might be more consistent than randomly spraying around with the brush.

Another comfortable alternative is to inflate the BASESHAPE of the outfit (all sliders at default) in problematic areas, until the preset no longer has clipping.

Where does the preset not work? When you try to load it in Outfit Studio to check for clipping?

If it's just in OS, then you probably need to

A) make sure the CBadvanced group is added in the slidergroup XML for the conversion (this needs a group even if it is only 1 part like a Bikini)

B) save the sliderpreset with CBadvanced enabled on top of Unified UNP

Then you can load the preset in OS and check which sliders are causing the clipping. Now you can only edit the sliders at 100% while all others are on default, but you can use the [+] and [-] buttons to increase the strength of the morphs instead. This might be more consistent than randomly spraying around with the brush.

Another comfortable alternative is to inflate the BASESHAPE of the outfit (all sliders at default) in problematic areas, until the preset no longer has clipping.

Yes. Robton and Kaos Wulf were nice enough to provide several XML preset files for Bodyslide, but when I try to use those XML files...

Well wtf... I was trying to pull up the error that occurred, but as I plugged in the nif's for the bodies in OS, and then the outfits... no errors and the bodies showed up just fine...?!?!?!

Maybe it's because I recently updated BS/OS? Couldn't be, because I'm still on 31b. Wtf.?!?!

Well alright then... nm. Call me a liar. xD

Archived