Need Help Installing a Mod

dhaedra

I'm appealing to the community here on Lovers Lab because they seem to be a very advanced and sophisticated modding group. I use Sex Lab Framework and 0sex, all up to date and working great. I need help installing what I thought would be a very simple modding exercise and I get the strangest result.

I have been trying to install a HUD mod so I can minimize and relocate some of my HUD elements, mostly messages as in "E" Talk to (NPC).

I tried to install "Less Intrusive HUD" and also "Minimal HUD". I get the same error with both of them. I am using Mod Organizer with SKSE, FNIS, Sky UI, Extended UI, I have all DLC and Patches, and I followed STEP so the instillation is good, with all DLC and Patches cleaned as per STEP. My operating system is WIN 7 64bit. I run about 250 mods all working fine.  I use LOOT for a correct load order. I also tried installing the HUD mods either first or last to see if that helped.

After installing either HUD mod, when I launch a save game I get this message:

"This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue Loading?  Missing Files:  Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, DG.esm, HF.esm, DB.esm, Legendary Edition Patch, SOS.esp, .....

Does anyone know what is going on here? I thought installing a simple HUD mod after all the other rather complicated mods that I managed to successfully install would work with no issues. Yet it seems Skyrim and all DLC and everything else won't load when I have these HUD mods installed.

Thanks in advance. Any help will be much appreciated.

Your save game contains some traces of a mod that is no more available.

If you use Mod Organizer (you said so), just click on the save game to see which mod is missing.

Then you have two options: reinstall the mod, remove the mod with a save cleaner.

I solved my problem, got some help from the guys at STEP forums. Seems they aren't kidding about the mod limit of 255 plugins. I exceeded it and MO started acting really strange. I removed some mods, got the plugins down to 245 and my problems went away.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, your help is much appreciated.

Hope someone can benefit from this info and avoid the problems I just had, was really frustrating not knowing what was wrong.

Archived