Sexout and FNV Edit

First: there are different ways of doing merges.

Wrye Bash's bashed patch style merges can break content where one mod refers to content from another mod unless you make the target mod into a master. This can break MCM if you merge any of the things it uses.

If you are using FNVEdit, it has a feature which can turn all of your plugins into masters (which is described in its manual, it involves making a separate copy of FNVEdit with a different name). I currently have this activated so I do not know for sure how it handles merges when this feature is deactivated (I have gone through too many game restarts after crashes, from playing with things and do not feel like touching anything right now).

Note that when you create a merged plugin this is a mod that you have made and that you need to be responsible for. You should inspect the entire mod for quality control purposes -- you should feel free to remove (or even edit) things that you do not like...

However, note that some versions of Willow have problems (I remember the lore friendly version having problems -- I did not examine any other versions). It could very well be that you are just seeing a bug in that mod?

I think you may be right. I removed the merged patch and everyone now works fine except Willow. I uninstalled her, did a clean save, and reinstalled the lore friendly version and she's still being weird. A lot of mods say not to masterupdate because something changed between FO3 and NV makes masterupdate screw things up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I noticed on Willow's page on Nexus that the creator says the following:

Following Bug (this happens very, very rarely): There are a couple of reasons this might happen.

1) You have Sexual Innuendo in your load list. Apparently SI can disrupt her following packages (and Veronica's and Cass' as well). I'm not suggesting it's a bad mod, I am suggesting you be careful using it and try to figure out which activities might be disrupting the girls' packages so you can save before doing those things in order to reload if anything goes wrong.

2) You have Animated Prostitution in your load list. Pretty much the same as SI.

I suspect this might hold true for Sexout as well. You may have to play with it a bit.

If I recall correctly, the "lore friendly willow" broke lings (or maybe it was mikoto) during character creation. I literally had to uninstall it because its modifications to the caucasian race prevented me from picking either hair or eyes (or both -- it has been a long time since I tried that) for my character.

I ditched lore friendly for original and everything's been fine since. Oh well, the lore version wasn't as attractive anyway, though I do miss the compatability with bouncing breasts. LLamaRCA, Willow's creator, like's .bsa archives, so its hard to mess with Willows appearance.

I ditched lore friendly for original and everything's been fine since. Oh well' date=' the lore version wasn't as attractive anyway, though I do miss the compatability with bouncing breasts. LLamaRCA, Willow's creator, like's .bsa archives, so its hard to mess with Willows appearance.

[/quote']

You can unpack the bsa into a directory, and add the .esp and tell FOMM to make that be an FOMOD.

Archived