Installing Animations with Mod Organizer

atznk1ller

I've got a little problems with installing some animations with Mod Organizer. When i try to install them there comes a window where it says "no game data on top level". Sometimes i can fix this with clicking  "set data directory"  on the data folder. But when there is no "data" folder in the mod, i dont know how to install it so it really works.
It would be nice if someone could help me

Greeting to you, my dewy-eyed friend of the modding scene.

The reason why there is so little feedback on your opening question might very well be conditional to the lackadaisical nature of itself. There probably are dozens of guides, both in written and cinematic format, to explain how the "mod organizer" actually works. If I might be so bold to further speculate: a question easily answerable by using the search function (and / or checking the pinned threads) has a low rate of being replied with the desired information.

Henceforth I do hope that you do not get the impression that I am acting with the beguile intention of diverting you from your nevertheless worthy cause. In fact, I am showing you - as a sign of my humbleness, if I might call it that - a method to solve your problem:

-> the mod organizer doesn't actually move files into your Skyrim folder, but simulate its folder structure within the MO folder system, and launches an unaltered Skyrim with the mods loaded additionally. That might sound complex, but it rather isn't. Just remember that you will need to place the folders of the mods you just acquired in the same way they would be stored in the Skyrim folder, had you been using a different mod manager (like NMM).

The master folder in Skyrim is the "data" folder. If MO unpacker asks you to order the files, remember that you normally would unpack them in the data folder. Therefore: main folders are on top level (meshes, textures, animations e.g.), and so are the master files (ESPs). If the master folders are missing in the mod pack, recreate them. If you lack the knowledge on how to do so, please check more prominent mods (because they might have the right format).

Alas, that is all there is to know. Please indulge my digression. I do like to share what little knowledge I posses, as you surely noticed.

Farewell.

Greeting to you, my dewy-eyed friend of the modding scene.

The reason why there is so little feedback on your opening question might very well be conditional to the lackadaisical nature of itself. There probably are dozens of guides, both in written and cinematic format, to explain how the "mod organizer" actually works. If I might be so bold to further speculate: a question easily answerable by using the search function (and / or checking the pinned threads) has a low rate of being replied with the desired information.

Henceforth I do hope that you do not get the impression that I am acting with the beguile intention of diverting you from your nevertheless worthy cause. In fact, I am showing you - as a sign of my humbleness, if I might call it that - a method to solve your problem:

-> the mod organizer doesn't actually move files into your Skyrim folder, but simulate its folder structure within the MO folder system, and launches an unaltered Skyrim with the mods loaded additionally. That might sound complex, but it rather isn't. Just remember that you will need to place the folders of the mods you just acquired in the same way they would be stored in the Skyrim folder, had you been using a different mod manager (like NMM).

The master folder in Skyrim is the "data" folder. If MO unpacker asks you to order the files, remember that you normally would unpack them in the data folder. Therefore: main folders are on top level (meshes, textures, animations e.g.), and so are the master files (ESPs). If the master folders are missing in the mod pack, recreate them. If you lack the knowledge on how to do so, please check more prominent mods (because they might have the right format).

Alas, that is all there is to know. Please indulge my digression. I do like to share what little knowledge I posses, as you surely noticed.

Farewell.

[video=youtube]

Archived